the power of the spoken word...

alrdyreg

ok so at dinner i was joking tha ti had meningitis. (i dont it was just a joke because my neck hurt)

well my MIL says "sont speak that over yourself!"

i replied that speakingy that does nothing.

she claims it does. is this biblical? little scripture would be nice.

thanks

:hat:

Caretaker

Old Greybeard
God bless you;

Positive Confession is linked to the Word of Faith movement. In PC one speaks their own reality into existence, that there is creative force in the tongue. It sounds like your MIL is into teachers such as Joyce Meyer.

http://www.discernment.org/meyer.html

In Miracles Now, vol. 2, No. 5 Sept/Oct. 1998 issue her article is entitled "Prophecy Your Own Future" (page 14).

We can curse our future by speaking evil of it, or we can bless it by speaking well of it. If we will take the Word of God and start to speak it over our lives, things can begin to change dramatically. We can prophesy our own future!"

Her article is a basic recitation of the false doctrine of positive confession which is taught by all WOF leaders. There is not one bit of difference in what she teaches regarding positive confession than any well known WOF teacher, here are some parallels -

Chart Your Course By the Dream in You Heart - Robert Tilton
How to Write Your Own Ticket With God - Kenneth Hagin Sr.
The Tongue - A Creative Force - Charles Capps

There can be no doubt that Joyce is WOF. On page 15 of her article she continues by saying (underling & bold type added0:

Prophesying your future is literally declaring in the beginning what will happen in the end.
You don't have to stand in the office of a prophet to prophesy ---speak forth God's Word---over your own life anytime!
If you're tired of the old things, then stop speaking the old things. Start speaking some new things.
I heard the story of a doctor who was not a believer but who had discovered the power of speaking positive words. . .He had such marvelous results that people traveled from all over the world to avail themselves of his services.

It is the contention of Joyce Meyer and all WOF teachers that mankind literally creates their own destiny and reality by the "faith-filled" or "fear-filled" words they utter. Joyce even cites Isa. 48:5-7 as proof that man is to act like God (the only One who really does decree the end from the beginning).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

alrdyreg

well there is nothing wrong with speaking the Word into your life.

takefor example during a physical agility test of mine. i spoke phil 4:13 the whole time. i felt comfort and peace and strength. if that is wrong then what the hooha is the Word for?

a d james speaks of the destructive force of the tongue. and how a ship is controlled by a small rudder and the body is controlled by a tongue.

what is that for?

as for me joking i have some wierd disease... i dont believe that speaking it is going to cause me to get sick.

so JM is WOF. she is still saved however, right?

Caretaker

Old Greybeard

takefor example during a physical agility test of mine. i spoke phil 4:13 the whole time. i felt comfort and peace and strength. if that is wrong then what the hooha is the Word for?

a d james speaks of the destructive force of the tongue. and how a ship is controlled by a small rudder and the body is controlled by a tongue.

what is that for?

as for me joking i have some wierd disease... i dont believe that speaking it is going to cause me to get sick.

Her salvation is between her and God.

Her teaching is false, and leads others astray:

http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod

what is that for?

The name it and claim it doctrines all started with Napoleon Hill and brought into the church by Robert Schuller

The wolves saw it as an easy way to make money off the gullible and have been raking it in ever since.

JAYNA

ok so at dinner i was joking tha ti had meningitis. (i dont it was just a joke because my neck hurt)

well my MIL says "sont speak that over yourself!"

i replied that speakingy that does nothing.

she claims it does. is this biblical? little scripture would be nice.

thanks

:hat:

Kind of reminds me of something I did the other day. There is a friend of mine from church who's mother had a stroke and was unresponsive. She was elderly so I knew she probably wouldn't last much longer. Well, since it was my day off and I knew I probably would'n't be going back to town in the next couple of weeks I stopped by the christian book store and picked up a sympathy card.
THEN I immediately got scared and thought "Am I going to bring on her death?!! :fear " (because I planned before it actually happened!!)

After thinking about it though I rationalized that God is in control and he isn't going to take her home early because I bought a card prematurely. :p
Same thing about your joking about being sick. God is in control he's not going to let one of your jokes make you sick.

Sorry, my situation might not be anything like yours but its what I thought about. :p

Blessings and wellness to you :wavey

Last edited:

sandy

oh boy....

new age and wof. positive confession will DESTROY a person.
God is more interested about whats in your HEART.

of course we watch our words to not destroy others being mean and critical, but dont even bite this hook!

I'd look at her and say, I'm a monkey.
now does that make me one?

Ruth

Ub4war

at Biblegateway.com you can research the scriptures by a phrase or by the actual passage or by topic. It is a great resource for doing studies on topics.
http://www.biblegateway.com

The scripture you are referring to, I believe, is as follows:
Matthew 12:35-37
35 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 36 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

We have passed from judgment when we were saved.

Last edited:

SoftTouch

Prophetic Realist
UB, the Positive Confession/Word of Faith (Benny Hinn, Dad Hagin, Kenneth Copeland among others) believe that you can 'speak things into existence' They say if you want $1,000 speak it and claim it. That's witchcraft! While it is true that the tongue speaks cursings and blessings, it is Not True that what we speak will manifest its self - that like Buzz and Caretaker said is New Age Junk. These same people will tell you that if you're sick its because you lack faith and you need to Claim your healing. I'm sorry, but God is NOT a Genie! We do NOT Command God to do things for us (which is basically what the WOF/PC Wolves teach). Caretaker and I spent Years trying to Expose the false hood of their teachings on another board... Oy! What a headache that was ;)

Does your mom (or whomever it was that said that) watch TV preachers?

Sing4Him

JUDE 1:3 Contender!
i can not say
but we will be held accountable for Evey idle word we speak

The scripture you are referring to, I believe, is as follows:
Matthew 12:35-37
35 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 36 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

We have passed from judgment when we were saved

Ruth is right on here!:thumbup

Look at the entire chapter.. who is Jesus speaking to? The Pharisees!
That every idle word that man shall speak, they shall give an account thereof in the day of judgment
Were these believers? No.. they give an account for their sins.
Believers judgment is for what we have done In HIM.. our works FOR HIM.. our sins are forgiven.
Look up Romans 8:1

Ruth

Excellent scripture! Thank you for adding that too.

Romans 8
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit

While that is one of the passages that show us our position.
the entire concept of salvation is embraced in the fact that Christ paid for all of our sins and we are no longer under the law but under grace. The law was to point to our need for a savior to show us how far from perfection we are and that all men fall short.

Through Christ, we are redeemed back in fellowship with God - restored to the relationship as children of God and no longer enemies of God.

That is the reason why Paul said:

Romans 6
Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ
1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

And John said:
1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Those who are still under the law are still under the curse and are judged for every sin. While our wrongs are dealt with by our Heavenly Father in other ways - they are not brought under judgment as the Bible speaks of judgment. We may suffer in the temporal for our wrongs or lose rewards that we may have had for eternity so we have every reason to seek victory over temptations, even over and above our desire to please Him and honor Him in our walk and witness.

Does that make sense to everyone?

Sing4Him

JUDE 1:3 Contender!
ABSOLUTELY Ruth!!! We are on the exact same page with this one!!

Praise Jesus.. our merciful righteous Savior and Lord!

Back