The Postal Service is running a 'covert operations program' that monitors Americans' social media posts

TimeWarpWife

I'm not on social media, so unless they're hanging out here on RF, they're not monitoring me. If you are, USPS police, instead of illegally spying on innocent citizens, I wish you'd investigate why so many of my packages either take a month to get to me, even though I pay for expedited shipping, or they get lost. :doh I dread every time I see the message saying my package is in the "system" and "arriving on time" because I know that means it's either going to be late or it's lost.

Bethlehem57

I can't figure out how social media posts and delivering the mail come together? :scratch :rolleyes

I can already see into the future - "First they delivered the mail, then they came for the protesters, then...." :eek :lol
I agree.....where’s the connection? My DH retired from the USPS and I can 100%, without doubt tell you that the USPS can’t deliver the mail on time, or to the right address with any type of consistency. Guys! Remember the mail in voting debacle?!

Its hard to imagine that they could be competent enough to pull this off!

jayhawkbasketball

I agree.....where’s the connection? My DH retired from the USPS and I can 100%, without doubt tell you that the USPS can’t deliver the mail on time, or to the right address with any type of consistency. Guys! Remember the mail in voting debacle?!

Its hard to imagine that they could be competent enough to pull this off!

There isn’t a connection, that’s the point. It’s a “connection” that no one would ever expect. What they’re doing is bringing in experts from other government organizations and running their operation under cover of the post office “umbrella” in terms of funding, etc. These aren’t every day postal employees doing this. They’re probably spooks from other agencies trained in computer monitoring, snooping, surveillance, and other tradecraft. They probably run the operations out of old post office locations in the suburbs still designated as “post office property”, or mail centers / warehouses where they have plenty of room to set up computers and servers. I can promise you the only things “post office” about it are: #1 The funding on some balance sheet in D.C., and #2 The property these people are working on.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The connection is a lot of information can be obtained about people's spending, wealth, values, religious beliefs, and political beliefs by looking at the kinds of mail they send and receive :tappingfoot

All the mail in the Twin Cities gets sent to a processing center in Eagan, MN for "sorting" and "processing," even if someone takes a letter into a Post Office and the addressee's Post Office Box is at that Post Office or that Post Office serves the addressee :mad This adds at least one, and usually two days for the mail :mad

Adjusts StaBrite tinfoil hat . . .

Bet "the list" includes who's getting subscriptions to:

American Spectator
Barron's
Biblical Archaeology Review (BAR)
Bible Magazine
National Review
New American
Newsmax
Prophecy in the News
Wall Street Journal
Etc., etc., etc.

and people that get mail from/send mail to:

American Bible society
American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ)
American Family Association (AFA)
Campus Crusade for Christ
Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN)/700 Club
ChristianBook
D. James Kennedy Ministries
Focus on the Family
Fraternal Order of Police (FOP)
Gideons
Hal Lindsey
Institute for Creation Research (ICR)
International Fellowship of Christians and Jews
Libertarian Party
Lutherans for Life (LFL)
National Right to Life (NRLC)
Olive Tree Ministries
Open Doors
Operation Rescue
Populist Party
Republican Party
Samaritan's Purse
Thomas Moore Law Center (TMLC)
Trinitarian Bible Society
Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN)
US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCB)
Voice of the Martyrs (VOM)
Wycliffe Bible Translators
Etc., etc., etc.

Thousands more . . . this is what I could think of off the top of my head . . .

Ghoti Ichthus

seems I remember there being a $25B ‘emergency’ funding for the USPS before the election. The Dems said it was to prevent Trump from delaying the mail in votes. Who knows? Maybe it served other purposes?

I think it was so all the stimulus letters sent out by then-President Trump could be intercepted and destroyed (except for the ones that contained paper checks). That would have had to have been done by hand, which takes a lot longer/more manpower than the automatic sorters. Remember when *all* the mail was delayed a month :tappingfoot

Bethlehem57

There isn’t a connection, that’s the point. It’s a “connection” that no one would ever expect. What they’re doing is bringing in experts from other government organizations and running their operation under cover of the post office “umbrella” in terms of funding, etc. These aren’t every day postal employees doing this. They’re probably spooks from other agencies trained in computer monitoring, snooping, surveillance, and other tradecraft. They probably run the operations out of old post office locations in the suburbs still designated as “post office property”, or mail centers / warehouses where they have plenty of room to set up computers and servers. I can promise you the only things “post office” about it are: #1 The funding on some balance sheet in D.C., and #2 The property these people are working on.
Agreed! It would have to be different gov organizations and experts to mine this data.. The PM General has to be in on it as well..plus their union has to know. More slick, underhanded work by those who love the darkness.

Your point about operating out of old locations would also fit. we were affected when PM General Donahue started closing down smaller offices to make the PO run more efficiently. So they closed down a slew of smaller offices and them believed that mail would be handled better by having as few as two mail processing facilities. So in 2011, when They downsized, there would have been PLENTY of places to operate like this unbeknownst to most people.

Nemophilist

The Postal Service is running a 'covert operations program' that monitors Americans' social media posts

Jana Winter Thu, April 22, 2021

The law enforcement arm of the U.S. Postal Service has been quietly running a program that tracks and collects Americans’ social media posts, including those about planned protests, according to a document obtained by Yahoo News.

The details of the surveillance effort, known as iCOP, or Internet Covert Operations Program, have not previously been made public. The work involves having analysts trawl through social media sites to look for what the document describes as “inflammatory” postings and then sharing that information across government agencies.

“Analysts with the United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) Internet Covert Operations Program (iCOP) monitored significant activity regarding planned protests occurring internationally and domestically on March 20, 2021,” says the March 16 government bulletin, marked as “law enforcement sensitive” and distributed through the Department of Homeland Security’s fusion centers. “Locations and times have been identified for these protests, which are being distributed online across multiple social media platforms, to include right-wing leaning Parler and Telegram accounts.”

A number of groups were expected to gather in cities around the globe on March 20 as part of a World Wide Rally for Freedom and Democracy, to protest everything from lockdown measures to 5G. “Parler users have commented about their intent to use the rallies to engage in violence. Image 3 on the right is a screenshot from Parler indicating two users discussing the event as an opportunity to engage in a ‘fight’ and to ‘do serious damage,’” says the bulletin.

“No intelligence is available to suggest the legitimacy of these threats,” it adds.

The bulletin includes screenshots of posts about the protests from Facebook, Parler, Telegram and other social media sites. Individuals mentioned by name include one alleged Proud Boy and several others whose identifying details were included but whose posts did not appear to contain anything threatening.

Continues...

https://news.yahoo.com/the-postal-s...s-americans-social-media-posts-160022919.html
As a retired mail carrier, this does not surprise me. All the major postal union leaders are dems and BLM types.

TrustinHim

A number of post offices are reported to have disposed of Trump ballots and one individual told of making a special delivery of boxes and boxes of ballots from N.Y. to Pennsylvania, so the guilty are being defensive against anyone who questioned the election.

Ghoti Ichthus

Bleep Meep..."does not compute"...meep meeep bleeeeeep..."danger Will Robinson, danger!"..."There are No Bots here"...beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep pcbash

Google is doing a much more thorough *harvesting* of posts from RF than FireFox. Sometimes it's easier for me to search for a particular post using a regular search engine instead of the RF search, and Google much more often than FF returns what I'm looking for.

Here's the info on googlebot
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/crawling/googlebot