The Postal Service is running a 'covert operations program' that monitors Americans' social media posts

Ben D

The Postal Service is running a 'covert operations program' that monitors Americans' social media posts

Jana Winter Thu, April 22, 2021

The law enforcement arm of the U.S. Postal Service has been quietly running a program that tracks and collects Americans’ social media posts, including those about planned protests, according to a document obtained by Yahoo News.

The details of the surveillance effort, known as iCOP, or Internet Covert Operations Program, have not previously been made public. The work involves having analysts trawl through social media sites to look for what the document describes as “inflammatory” postings and then sharing that information across government agencies.

“Analysts with the United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) Internet Covert Operations Program (iCOP) monitored significant activity regarding planned protests occurring internationally and domestically on March 20, 2021,” says the March 16 government bulletin, marked as “law enforcement sensitive” and distributed through the Department of Homeland Security’s fusion centers. “Locations and times have been identified for these protests, which are being distributed online across multiple social media platforms, to include right-wing leaning Parler and Telegram accounts.”

A number of groups were expected to gather in cities around the globe on March 20 as part of a World Wide Rally for Freedom and Democracy, to protest everything from lockdown measures to 5G. “Parler users have commented about their intent to use the rallies to engage in violence. Image 3 on the right is a screenshot from Parler indicating two users discussing the event as an opportunity to engage in a ‘fight’ and to ‘do serious damage,’” says the bulletin.

“No intelligence is available to suggest the legitimacy of these threats,” it adds.

The bulletin includes screenshots of posts about the protests from Facebook, Parler, Telegram and other social media sites. Individuals mentioned by name include one alleged Proud Boy and several others whose identifying details were included but whose posts did not appear to contain anything threatening.

Continues...

https://news.yahoo.com/the-postal-s...s-americans-social-media-posts-160022919.html

Ben D

^ My guess Chris is that since the Postal Service had experienced staff and procedures in place surveilling the mail system, it was easier and cheaper to expand it to include the internet rather than start another surveillance system from scratch. From the article...“The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is the primary law enforcement, crime prevention, and security arm of the U.S. Postal Service,” the statement said. “As such, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service has federal law enforcement officers, Postal Inspectors, who enforce approximately 200 federal laws to achieve the agency’s mission: protect the U.S. Postal Service and its employees, infrastructure, and customers; enforce the laws that defend the nation's mail system from illegal or dangerous use; and ensure public trust in the mail.”

No secrets anymore...

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
^ My guess Chris is that since the Postal Service had experienced staff and procedures in place surveilling the mail system, it was easier and cheaper to expand it to include the internet rather than start another surveillance system from scratch. From the article...“The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is the primary law enforcement, crime prevention, and security arm of the U.S. Postal Service,” the statement said. “As such, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service has federal law enforcement officers, Postal Inspectors, who enforce approximately 200 federal laws to achieve the agency’s mission: protect the U.S. Postal Service and its employees, infrastructure, and customers; enforce the laws that defend the nation's mail system from illegal or dangerous use; and ensure public trust in the mail.”

No secrets anymore...

Yep, you are probably right. I can see expansions in other area like they will probably get the drugstores to deny us our lifesaving medicines next unless our social media posts comply with what is expected of us. :ohno

I will not be surprised if China's social credit score system jumps the Great Wall of China and comes this way. The last I have heard other countries are interested in the system. :doh :ohno

Neonap

Yep, you are probably right. I can see expansions in other area like they will probably get the drugstores to deny us our lifesaving medicines next unless our social media posts comply with what is expected of us. :ohno

I will not be surprised if China's social credit score system jumps the Great Wall of China and comes this way. The last I have heard other countries are interested in the system. :doh :ohno

Don't worry, they will not be able to track me with my tinfoil hat. But in all seriousness, it's amazing to see how everything is falling into place for future biblical prophecy to come to pass.

J2

The Gateway Pundit wrote on where they think they got the list of conservatives to spy on. Hope this link is allowed?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ost-office-likely-got-list-conservatives-spy/

“We noted that the law enforcement arm of the US Postal Service, the US Postal Inspection Service (USPIS), is secretly monitoring and collecting Americans’ social media posts, according to documents obtained by Yahoo News.” (Continues on)

LiCaMi

Jana Winter Thu, April 22, 2021

The law enforcement arm of the U.S. Postal Service has been quietly running a program that tracks and collects Americans’ social media posts, including those about planned protests, according to a document obtained by Yahoo News.

The details of the surveillance effort, known as iCOP, or Internet Covert Operations Program, have not previously been made public. The work involves having analysts trawl through social media sites to look for what the document describes as “inflammatory” postings and then sharing that information across government agencies.

“Analysts with the United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) Internet Covert Operations Program (iCOP) monitored significant activity regarding planned protests occurring internationally and domestically on March 20, 2021,” says the March 16 government bulletin, marked as “law enforcement sensitive” and distributed through the Department of Homeland Security’s fusion centers. “Locations and times have been identified for these protests, which are being distributed online across multiple social media platforms, to include right-wing leaning Parler and Telegram accounts.”

A number of groups were expected to gather in cities around the globe on March 20 as part of a World Wide Rally for Freedom and Democracy, to protest everything from lockdown measures to 5G. “Parler users have commented about their intent to use the rallies to engage in violence. Image 3 on the right is a screenshot from Parler indicating two users discussing the event as an opportunity to engage in a ‘fight’ and to ‘do serious damage,’” says the bulletin.

“No intelligence is available to suggest the legitimacy of these threats,” it adds.

The bulletin includes screenshots of posts about the protests from Facebook, Parler, Telegram and other social media sites. Individuals mentioned by name include one alleged Proud Boy and several others whose identifying details were included but whose posts did not appear to contain anything threatening.

Continues...

https://news.yahoo.com/the-postal-s...s-americans-social-media-posts-160022919.html

I wondered if this was part of a reason why I didn't get a jobs at USPS. I kept getting rejections. Amazon could have been worst than USPS but I am working for Amazon.

Ben D

And I wonder how many other agencies are doing the same thing, NSA for sure.

nsa-data-center-utah.jpg

NSA Data Centre in Utah

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

The first rule of any bureaucracy is to protect the bureaucracy at all costs. Central governments are typically run by massive bureaucracies. That is why pretty much all the nations of the world are in such a pickle. Central banks (which virtually ALL nations have) produce large central governments which, in turn, produce large bureaucracies. Because of the enormous financial clout of large central banks/central governments, corruption is inevitable--especially at the top. There is a group of individuals at the top of every bureaucracy in Washington, for example, called the Senior Executive Service, put in place by the Dems, during the Carter administration. They collect many times the amount of compensation that the highest ranks of the civil service offer. (iirc, the head of the TVA makes over $700 K per year). BHO moved a lot of his political appointees into Senior Executive Service positions before he left office. The numbers went from around 2,000 under Bush Jr. to about 8,000 in 2016. The "movers and shakers" never seem to learn from history--especially the history of God's people in the Old Testament. God didn't want them to have a strong central government, concentrating power around a king. He told them through the Prophet Samuel, that a king would conscript their sons and make serving girls of their daughters. Nevertheless, He agreed to their demands for a king so that they could be like the heathen nations surrounding them. The results played out exactly as prophesied. :frown2 Satan destroys nations with moral rot as well as individuals.

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

MyLife is a basic, tame example of such a system.

Important to follow the money . . . always follow the money :mad