The Pope has removed "Vicar of Christ" from his title

hopefilled

As an ex catholic who was raised in a very "tradditional " family....I was subjected to all those various false prophecies about popes, 3 days of darkness...yada yada.... sigh.
Many of my relatives still very much stuck believing all that false teaching.
There's much I could say on this topic.

However, what I believe is important is that we pray for those within the catholic church who do believe in Jesus - but have their minds filled with many false doctrines.
Let us pray especially over this coming week for them.

You see - I truly believe that particpation in those false spiritual " sacraments" (reconciliation and eucharist etc) further blinds the eyes of the catholics.
Because they will not be able to attend the huge " Reconciliation " ceremonies this week along with the Thursday evening and Good Friday and Easter Sunday services.....many will feel ill at ease.....
The catholic guilt of missing these events in person will weigh heavy on them.

Many will turn to God personally in prayer this week - ABSOLUTELY beside themselves....trust me on that!

So I am really praying that God will work tremendously in their hearts - that many of these dear folk will realise that what they seek - can be found by going straight to the Father thru Jesus only!

What an opportunity for many disheartened catholics to come to the truth of the gospel message! Especially at this late hour.

Let us pray that many will be saved this week!:pray

Footsteps

As an ex catholic who was raised in a very "tradditional " family....I was subjected to all those various false prophecies about popes, 3 days of darkness...yada yada.... sigh.
Many of my relatives still very much stuck believing all that false teaching.
There's much I could say on this topic.

However, what I believe is important is that we pray for those within the catholic church who do believe in Jesus - but have their minds filled with many false doctrines.
Let us pray especially over this coming week for them.

You see - I truly believe that particpation in those false spiritual " sacraments" (reconciliation and eucharist etc) further blinds the eyes of the catholics.
Because they will not be able to attend the huge " Reconciliation " ceremonies this week along with the Thursday evening and Good Friday and Easter Sunday services.....many will feel ill at ease.....
The catholic guilt of missing these events in person will weigh heavy on them.

Many will turn to God personally in prayer this week - ABSOLUTELY beside themselves....trust me on that!

So I am really praying that God will work tremendously in their hearts - that many of these dear folk will realise that what they seek - can be found by going straight to the Father thru Jesus only!

What an opportunity for many disheartened catholics to come to the truth of the gospel message! Especially at this late hour.

Let us pray that many will be saved this week!:pray
Well said hopefilled. A great shaking is going on worldwide and many will be left alone with only God to call out to. Many Catholics are saved already despite the obstacle course of rituals, frauds, and unbiblical teachings they had to negotiate. Always hoping for more.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Well said hopefilled. A great shaking is going on worldwide and many will be left alone with only God to call out to. Many Catholics are saved already despite the obstacle course of rituals, frauds, and unbiblical teachings they had to negotiate. Always hoping for more.
I believe a lot of catholics came to know Christ in the aftermath of Vatican 2 where many began to actually read the Bible. While the charasmatic movement is not a positive memory for many, I believe that during that time a great many catholics came to know Christ. It is amazing really that a person can attend a so-called Christian church that teaches mostly things that are untrue, and still find Christ.

The current pope has rolled back most of the changes that came with Vatican 2 and at least the catholics I know are furious. Through a sister I've learned that many in her little town refuse to go to the local catholic church because the priest there has embraced all the changes from the current pope. Those that continue to attend mass drive about 45 minutes to another town where the priest hasn't yet embraced all the steps back that the current pope has made.

When the Rapture occurs, most Catholics that are caught up won't have been expecting it, and the catholics left behind will be clueless, at least most of them will be.

kathymendel

“Lightofmylife”. Posted earlier in this thread this article:

Pope to launch global educational pact May 14th, 2020

https://news784.com/world/pope-to-launch-global-educational-pact-may-14th-2020/

That is just under 6 weeks away. This is unbelievable to read right now . The whole article is surreal, but here are some quotes:

“An alliance, in other words, between the earth’s inhabitants and our ‘common home’, which we are bound to care for and respect,” Francis wrote. “An alliance that generates peace, justice and hospitality among all peoples of the human family, as well as dialogue between religions.”

“I invite everyone to work for this alliance and to be committed, individually and within our communities, to nurturing the dream of a humanism rooted in solidarity and responsive both to humanity’s aspirations and to God’s plan,” Francis wrote.
An Unholy alliance........................ for sure.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
I did find a comparison of the annual where this is found that compares 2019 version to the 2020 version. It looks like Vicar of Christ has been relegated to the bottom of the page in much smaller print, as if not as important. He is definitely exalting himself as Universal Pastor. Ha!

GotGrace

Good grief! I just want someone to set a firm date so I can ration out our remaining toilet paper to last just until the final morning we're stuck on this going-all-crazy blue marble.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE STRESS THAT WOULD RELIEVE!!! NO MORE COUNTING OFF SQUARES!!!

:sarcasm
You git to use whole squares? You so blessed. We’ve been cutting them squares half in to here,

GotGrace

I've read and heard the term, "Living in the shadows" applied to many people in many contexts. Now it seems that we are living in the "foreshadows" in any and every context imaginable. This whole pope-a-dope thing is one more example that highlights a list too long to bother with. Whether he's a key player or not, he sure looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... with my apologies to ducks.

We're all stars or at the very least extras in a grand, plot-twisty, terrifyingly thrilling story, one which may be bumpy and painful now an then but I don't need to remind y'all (I will anyhow) we know how it ends.

Tick tock goes the rapture clock!

See ya' soon my brutha's and sista's!
My pet ducks are greatly offended.

JSTyler

Thank you for that sincere apology. When I told them what you said they told me to find out what kind of vehicle you drive because they have a flyover and decoration in mind. I will make sure their plans are shelved now that you’ve apologized.
They can airdrop all they want on it'll be a feature, adding to the woodsy allure. I have a camo painted truck that refuses to be washed due to some identity instability. It can't decide whether it's a redneck limo or rugged ruburban ex-post-facto-soccer-mom mobile. They say that washing my brand of vehicle will actually cause it to break down. I don't know if that's true or not as I have not washed it since it's identity crisis, many years ago...see, ya' gotta walk on eggshells with moody motor transport.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
In addition to what Sojourner414 posted waaaaay back in Post 3:

Based on the Primacy of Peter (in turn based on the prominence of Petr among the Disciples), the Bishop of Rome was named "First Among Equals" (Primus Inter Pares) by the other church bishops. As Peter was a/the leader of the church in Rome, the Roman (Catholic) church regards him as the first Pope. Thus, the Papal Primacy.
At the Schism of 1054, the Orthodox (Eastern) church broke away from the Roman Church over the Filloque (addition to the Nicaean Creed) and Papal assumption of authority over, rather than acting merely first among equals. Roman Catholic Pope and Orthodox Patriarchs excommunicated each other. Directly pertinent to the discussion at hand, in 1965, the Orthodox Patriarchs and Pope revoked the mutual excommunications, and in 2007, the Orthodox again acknowledged the Primacy of the Bishop of Rome. It will be interesting to watch what the Orthodox Patriarchs do since the Vicar of Christ title has been repudiated. It will also be interesting to see what they do in reference to the Pope signing an interfaith document with Islamic clergy in which "God" is used to simultaneously refer to the God of the Bible and allah. Will there be another Great Schism over the heresies, or will they go along with this?

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Matthew 16:13-19, KJV

Jesus gave His disciples the authority to forgive and withhold forgiveness of sins:

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
John 20:21-23, KJV

In some churches, after the Confession of Sins, the Pastor pronounces absolution:

As a called and ordained servant of The Word, and in the stead and by the command of my Lord Jesus Christ,
I forgive you all of your sins in the Name of The Father, The Name of Jesus Christ, and The Holy Ghost.

AFIK, this doesn't mean anyone usurps or undermines the authority of Christ, nor does it mean anyone or anything other than Jesus Christ is needed for the forgiveness of sins.
  • Sola Fide, by faith alone.
  • Sola Scriptura, by Scripture alone.
  • Solus Christus, through Christ alone.
  • Sola Gratia, by grace alone.
  • Soli Deo Gloria, to the glory to God alone.

:armor :pray :bible :pray :amen :knight

GotGrace

In addition to what Sojourner414 posted waaaaay back in Post 3:

Based on the Primacy of Peter (in turn based on the prominence of Petr among the Disciples), the Bishop of Rome was named "First Among Equals" (Primus Inter Pares) by the other church bishops. As Peter was a/the leader of the church in Rome, the Roman (Catholic) church regards him as the first Pope. Thus, the Papal Primacy.
At the Schism of 1054, the Orthodox (Eastern) church broke away from the Roman Church over the Filloque (addition to the Nicaean Creed) and Papal assumption of authority over, rather than acting merely first among equals. Roman Catholic Pope and Orthodox Patriarchs excommunicated each other. Directly pertinent to the discussion at hand, in 1965, the Orthodox Patriarchs and Pope revoked the mutual excommunications, and in 2007, the Orthodox again acknowledged the Primacy of the Bishop of Rome. It will be interesting to watch what the Orthodox Patriarchs do since the Vicar of Christ title has been repudiated. It will also be interesting to see what they do in reference to the Pope signing an interfaith document with Islamic clergy in which "God" is used to simultaneously refer to the God of the Bible and allah. Will there be another Great Schism over the heresies, or will they go along with this?

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Matthew 16:13-19, KJV

Jesus gave His disciples the authority to forgive and withhold forgiveness of sins:

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
John 20:21-23, KJV

In some churches, after the Confession of Sins, the Pastor pronounces absolution:

As a called and ordained servant of The Word, and in the stead and by the command of my Lord Jesus Christ,
I forgive you all of your sins in the Name of The Father, The Name of Jesus Christ, and The Holy Ghost.

AFIK, this doesn't mean anyone usurps or undermines the authority of Christ, nor does it mean anyone or anything other than Jesus Christ is needed for the forgiveness of sins.
  • Sola Fide, by faith alone.
  • Sola Scriptura, by Scripture alone.
  • Solus Christus, through Christ alone.
  • Sola Gratia, by grace alone.
  • Soli Deo Gloria, to the glory to God alone.

:armor :pray :bible :pray :amen :knight
Yes by faith alone; by scripture alone; through Christ alone; by grace alone and to the glory to God alone. Don’t you love the five solas, I do.

Hello there “Newbie” and welcome to RF.

Is it possible the signing of an interfaith document is being greatly downplayed to the masses?