The People Of The Lie

Neonap

I have always been fascinated by human behavior, especially human evil. Why do certain people act the way they do? Are some born evil or more wicked than the general population? What causes someone to become wicked? In the past I used to hold to the belief that all men are inherently good or morally righteous but some fall due to their own ignorance or ideology.

I never really believed that a human being could be truly evil and wicked. In fact, when I was confronted with evil actions that was portrayed on the daily news or have personally witnessed or heard by word of mouth, I would simply rationalize it away. The reality of evil always would batter at the core of my being, making me question if true evil was a reality or not. I had to face it head on when I had stumbled upon the book Gosnell, it's pages of depravity and horror ripping open the shades that were stapled over my eyes.

I could not believe or understand how a man could be outright barbaric and distorted cutting away at life as if it were simply nothing. But what puzzled me more was the involvement of the people who had worked with Gosnell and the coverups by the department of Health. How could this happen? Why did it happen? What kind of person/s could do such a thing? This horrific case led me to the journey of trying to find out the origin of evil and it's complex nature.

The world of psychiatry was something new to me, and psychology was always a subject that I always had a interest in but never really delved into. I was looking for answers, and I figured perhaps the world of science and the field of psychiatry had the answer to the root cause of evil. It had provided insight, and their labels of what caused wickedness in a individual was insightful and yet inherently I knew something was lacking.

Was it all this simple? Was it all due to genetics and a faulty brain? There had to be a more to this than what meets the eye or the logical explanation of men. Could it be possible evil be a spiritual problem, a spiritual disease? I had to dig deeper. I had remembered from the days of my youth, being brought up catholic. This notion of sin, the devil and fallen angels, and a spiritual reality far beyond what we can understand or fathom.

Sin. Could sin that is inherent within all of us explain the mystery of evil? But the secular world had taught me things that were contrary to the Bible such as the belief that most people are flawed but inherently they all are good. Or evil was only perpetrated by a few bad seeds that had a disordered character.

The more I had gotten into the word of God, I slowly began to have a understanding of evil. I remember I had prayed to God at one point, God why do people commit such horrific acts? Why? Show me the answer. The next day I had stumbled onto a Bible based post on my Facebook newsfeed which was dealing with the topic of human evil and listed a verse that simply blew my mind.

"For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies"- Matthew 15:20

Evil lied in the core of every man, and we all are bad in some form or another. We all are fallen beings unable to save ourselves, chained to our own sins and lost to the darkness that blinded us. I was baffled by this revelation, I was not a good person? The Bible does state that no one is good, no not one. Evil was truly much more layered than I had previously thought.

But the question remained why are there some people out there who commit such atrocity without a shred of conscience or restraint? I then stumbled onto a verse in which it stated that someone could be given over to a rebrobate mind and be filled with all sorts of evil. Could that be the explanation? For some reason, God lifts his restraint on certain people that He allows to be given over to their sins that lie deep within their own hearts?

But what about the angels who were once good in God's sight? How and why did Lucifer become the perfect image of evil? Why did 1/3 of the angels went along with his rebellion against God? How can something that was created perfectly good morph into something so wicked? It cannot be blamed on a brain defect or simply bad genes due to the fact that we are dealing with the spiritual here.

Although the Bible doesn't go into detail on the daily activities of Lucifer and how he managed to convince a mass full of angels to follow him, it does state that what led him to that point was pride. There was no fault to be found in this seemingly perfect angelic being that God had created good, until pride was born within his heart. The rest is history.

So if this perfectly good angel could fall into the hands of evil, who's to say that a good person cannot become truly evil? Is it possible Gosnell and his associates could have all been "good" at one point but sin slowly ate away at their humanity? I am reminded of this quote by a rapper "I look at the world from a different angle, people change even Satan used to be an angel." Good people are capable of extreme evil?

Well.. this seems to be the case.. After all, there were cases in history where ordinary people with loving families, who were decent workers and by all accounts "good people" that were behind the worst atrocities. Which to this day boggles the human mind such as the Holocaust or the Nanking Massacre. Good people did this? Really?

I have come to the conclusion that modern psychiatry does not have the full picture of evil. They view it merely through the lens of the physical but disregard the world of the spiritual. The devil and his demons work in the children of disobedience, which could imply diabolical influence and even possession. I think that when the Bible states we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but with wickedness in high places; It's something that we cannot simply overlook.

There lies in every human heart, the reality of untold evil. Sin perhaps seeks to release this darkness that is deep within us all, the more we give in to sin the less human we become. The image of God every human being is born with, is slowly eroded over time giving way to a new image. The image of sin and unrestrained evil. There is a terrible reality for those who are given over to themselves, their consciences seared and as a result a rebrobate mind is born.

The restrait of God is loosened and unfiltered evil pollutes the individual to the point where they walk in depravity and are blind to the reality of their own sinful nature. Decieved by the god of this world, and their own lies, the devil is given free reign to work in the heart of the depraved individual and as a result evil is born.

If we look at the world today, it seems that the characteristics of people are growing worse and worse, to the point where they are calling evil good and good evil. Are we truly good? It makes me wonder will the supposed goodness within the heart of men be able to outshine the evil that lies within themselves when the restrainer is taken out of the way during the tribulation period. Will mankind be proven right or will God be proven right? Will our supposed inherent goodness be able to overcome our sin or will we be given over to the evil one?

I recently had come across a book called the people of the lie by M. Scott Peck, I have heard from some of the Christian community that it was insightful regarding on the subject of evil. Has anyone here read it by any chance and do you recommend it?

I apologize for this very lengthy post, I just had to get my thoughts out there. I hope I made sense, because I'm a bit stupid at times haha. What do you guys think about what I had stated here? I would love to hear your perspective on this subject. God bless you all.

Anewcreationinjesus

Very well written Neonap :) more and more, with man's attempts to explain away sin and his need of a Saviour.... and the multitudes of lies around, whether it's the self help lie, or the all go to heaven lie.... The truth is all are born in Adam, all have sinned. There's only one truth, he who the Son sets free is free indeed!

People either choose to believe lies, or the truth... Those who believe the truth are made new creations in Jesus. In my past I committed sins I never would have imagined I would commit when brought up in church, for example I cheated on my daughters father more than once and other acts I won't mention here but praise God the price is paid! Sin is so ugly, looking back, I kept on using my free will to do things that I now consider hateful and vile!

He sets us free, when once of the children of wrath... To now walk as one of the children of light!!

Recently I read the "son of Sam" killer became a born again Christian... Praise God every sin of mankind may be forgiven apart from the one... That once a person is born again, God changes us from the inside out! Also, I've heard of ex concentration camp leaders becoming Christians and then returning in person to the families of people who were in the camps...

To me it's ever more vital to stand in the truth of the word, all have sinned and fallen short.. It does seem to me that restraint is bring removed bit by bit, that people truly are given over, as it says in Romans 1....People keep having opportunities to hear the gospel truth, and each time they reject, its like they harden their heart. That scripture about the spirit at work in the sons of disobedience...

Yet, miraculously, some accept Jesus' atoning sacrifice on their deathbed... God only knows what is happening behind the scenes with each person!

So, yes, as the Holy Spirit has come to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, hopefully some behind bars, and other categories where we might think, how, Lord (I call it Nicky Cruz syndrome!).... Hopefully some more testimonies like the "son of Sam" killer before the church age finishes...

Am kind of rambling a bit....

I would avoid M Scott Peck personally... Obviously research him yourself, but here's an article by lighthousetrail research with a few alarming quotes from him including about us "growing towards godhood.". This is a very new age idea... And of course smacks of the original lie in Genesis 3!!! And am sure if you looked in his other writings you would find other quotes that are certainly not Biblical and more new age...

More and more, I ask the question about authors etc, (especially when new agers mention "God").... Are they writing this as someone born again and therefore indwelt by the Spirit of Truth??

https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=2155

Neonap

Very well written Neonap :) more and more, with man's attempts to explain away sin and his need of a Saviour.... and the multitudes of lies around, whether it's the self help lie, or the all go to heaven lie.... The truth is all are born in Adam, all have sinned. There's only one truth, he who the Son sets free is free indeed!

People either choose to believe lies, or the truth... Those who believe the truth are made new creations in Jesus. In my past I committed sins I never would have imagined I would commit when brought up in church, for example I cheated on my daughters father more than once and other acts I won't mention here but praise God the price is paid! Sin is so ugly, looking back, I kept on using my free will to do things that I now consider hateful and vile!

He sets us free, when once of the children of wrath... To now walk as one of the children of light!!

Recently I read the "son of Sam" killer became a born again Christian... Praise God every sin of mankind may be forgiven apart from the one... That once a person is born again, God changes us from the inside out! Also, I've heard of ex concentration camp leaders becoming Christians and then returning in person to the families of people who were in the camps...

To me it's ever more vital to stand in the truth of the word, all have sinned and fallen short.. It does seem to me that restraint is bring removed bit by bit, that people truly are given over, as it says in Romans 1....People keep having opportunities to hear the gospel truth, and each time they reject, its like they harden their heart. That scripture about the spirit at work in the sons of disobedience...

Yet, miraculously, some accept Jesus' atoning sacrifice on their deathbed... God only knows what is happening behind the scenes with each person!

So, yes, as the Holy Spirit has come to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, hopefully some behind bars, and other categories where we might think, how, Lord (I call it Nicky Cruz syndrome!).... Hopefully some more testimonies like the "son of Sam" killer before the church age finishes...

Am kind of rambling a bit....

I would avoid M Scott Peck personally... Obviously research him yourself, but here's an article by lighthousetrail research with a few alarming quotes from him including about us "growing towards godhood.". This is a very new age idea... And of course smacks of the original lie in Genesis 3!!! And am sure if you looked in his other writings you would find other quotes that are certainly not Biblical and more new age...

More and more, I ask the question about authors etc, (especially when new agers mention "God").... Are they writing this as someone born again and therefore indwelt by the Spirit of Truth??

https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=2155
Yes, I agree we all are sinners in need of a savior. God would never send a good person to hell, but the problem is the fact that no one is good. If it weren't for God's grace, we could become Gosnell or the worst version of ourselves. Just like you, I've committed very evil deeds, which are very personal and won't list here but I know that if God had lifted his restraint on me back then I could see myself become a monster.

Regarding Son of Sam, I hope he is saved and if he is genuine then it shows the redeeming power of God. People who see through the lens of the world would likely not see this as a case of conversion but one of lies and deceit. One case I remember reading about was about the pickaxe killer Karla Faye Tucker. That case was without a doubt, a true miracle.

I just wonder if someone as evil as Gosnell can be saved? I think God has put it in my heart to pray for him but it seems fruitless due to the fact that Gosnell is heavily soaked in his own deception. He has apparently read the entire Bible in prison, and I expected for him to repent but instead he became even more convinced that he was correct in what he has done.

He uses bible verses to justify abortion and he truly believes in his own innocence. To me, it seems like God has either given him over or he's doomed. I mean I wonder what went wrong, he was raised a Baptist, with traditional Christian values but somehow he ended up becoming truly evil. Boggles my mind really.

As to Peck, he seems like someone who has new age beliefs. Although his book seems interesting I guess it's best I stay away from his work.

Kaatje

I just wonder if someone as evil as Gosnell can be saved?
Saul was in his own words the worst of the sinners, killing the followers of Jesus Christ.
And he got saved and travailed more than anyone to bring the Gospel to the heathens.

As long as we are on this planet, we are encouraged to pray for those that aren’t saved.
We are not commanded to judge them, God will judge everybody with love and justice.

It is my firm believe that no sin has the power to doom anyone to hell.
The only thing that can, is when one refuses to bring their sins under the cover of Christ’s shed blood.

antitox

Evil is evil no matter whether it is a little or a lot. The point is that God's purity is so infinite and incomprehensible that there's no way man can dwell with God unless man is made pure/made righteous like Him. We've been given a great opportunity. And it is going thru this life. The angels do not get this chance to learn of God firsthand by experience. We get to walk thru it - walk it out in the middle of a spiritual war. There is resistance. There is threat. There is a challenge to our walking thru it. You cannot overcome something without a threat being posed. People have asked "how do we know we won't do what satan did?" You won't. Because you've been here. You know the difference.

katt

Remember, So called good people created slavery, the KKK, The Jim Crow laws, Apartheid, War..and let's not forget..the 2019 version of the Democratic Party....

InsuranceGuy

One of the biggest lies ever spread was at the end of Anne Frank's Diary. She supposedly stated 'All men are inherently good.' I am not an investigator, but never thought that line belonged there. For a young teenage girl to write that, after seeing the atrocities she did, it seemed very odd.

Unfortunately, I do not see the goodness in the world, or in men. My mind goes immediately to the evil. It's almost like a really bad gift. While some people will meet someone new and think they are a great person, most of the time I will meet someone and have a sickening feeling about them and just know they are not what/who they claim. I wish I were not like that as judging them is a sin in itself. I simply do not believe in this day and age there are many truly "good" people left.