The nswer is: NO!

Pat

WHAT mATTERS? The Answer is NO!​

I heard a lot of differing opinions this past week as I gathered with family and friends. Some I agreed with and some I didn’t. But as I traveled home, I had time to think about and evaluate those different opinions and I asked myself “What really matters for eternity? Those opinions, or the Gospel?” The answer I came up with was, “the Gospel.” When Nicodemus was faced with this question, Jesus told him, “Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:7

With that command in mind, and thinking about the opinions I heard this week, what does the Bible say you have to be, do, or believe, in order to be “born again?” Do you have to be: A Republican? A Democrat? A Libertarian? A Liberal? A Conservative? A Radical? Pro or anti-Trump? Do you have to be: Pro-war? Anti-war? Pro-life? Pro-abortion? Straight? Gay? Gender specific? A gun-rights advocate? A gun-control advocate? Anti or Pro-Russia, China, or America? Anti or pro-anywhere or anything? Do you have to be: A Vegetarian? A Carnivore? Gluten free? Sugar free? Alcohol free? Do you have to: Take or not take vitamins or Medications? Do you have to: Go to church? Be Baptized? Do good works? Belong to a certain denomination? Read the Koran? Read the Bible? Do you have to: Be vaccinated? Boosted? Socially distanced? Masked? Take Ivermectin? Do you have to always: Obey the Government? Obey those in leadership? Pay cash? Use credit cards? Pay taxes? Vote? Do you have to believe: Everything Government officials tell you? In angels? In Aliens or UFO’s? That the Earth is flat? Is round? Is millions of years old? Is only 6,000 years old? That all, some, or no roads lead to God?

The answer to all of that is: NO!!!! Being, doing or believing any of those things are NOT requirements for being born again. There are hundreds of things we could have opinions about and why, and the Bible has a lot to say about those things that we should believe, but what matters is the original question, “What does the Bible say you have to be, do, or believe, in order to be “born again?” The answer is this: You have be you, not anybody else. You are a unique individual, created by God. You have to do this: Ask God to save you. Not do good works, not do rituals, not do heroics. You have to believe this: Jesus died to pay God for all your sin and sins. He was buried for 3 days and nights proving His death. He rose alive from the dead to give His eternal life to whosoever believes those facts. That’s it. You don’t have to be someone smart or special. You don’t have to do anything religious or holy, and you don’t have to believe anything other than the Gospel. That’s what matters. Your opinion might make you interesting to talk to, but it probably won’t change anyone’s mind. The Gospel will change people’s lives. For eternity.