The new Israeli foreign policy under Lapid and Bennett will help Iran and other enemies of Israel.

athenasius

Another gem from Caroline Glick here https://carolineglick.com/the-lapid-bennett-governments-foreign-policy-doctrine/

In which Caroline explains why Bennett and Lapid aren't even operating with full understanding, how their hatred of Netanyahu has so skewed their thinking that they can't even see the threat to Israel posed by Iran and the Biden administration.

Caroline points out what I've been saying from the start-- Lapid is the one in charge, NOT BENNETT so it doesn't matter that Bennett is there as the token right wing voice, he is fully on board with what Lapid is up to.

Here is an excerpt:
"Consider Bennett’s behavior on Iran.

Wednesday, Iran’s outgoing president Hassan Rouhani announced that Iran has the capacity to enrich uranium to 90 percent purity – the level of purity required to develop nuclear weapons. The day before Rouhani’s announcement, the Biden administration made clear that it will do nothing to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear armed state when on the one hand it announced that Iranian intelligence had attempted to abduct Iranian-American journalist and human rights activist Masih Alinejad from her Brooklyn home; and on the other hand, the administration announced that it is providing Iran with billions of dollars in sanctions relief by unfreezing Iranian government accounts in Japan and South Korea.

In his speech Monday at the Knesset, Bennett didn’t lay out a policy for preventing Iran from developing a nuclear arsenal in the face of U.S. support for the regime and its military nuclear program. Instead, he threw an adolescent fit against Netanyahu replete with weird mimicry and obvious slanders. Bennett alleged ridiculously that Netanyahu did nothing to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons during his long tenure in office."

back to Margery, I'm having a hard time being shocked nowadays, but this is really bad. Note the bits I've bolded in the quote above.

Here's the highlights:
Iran has the capacity to enrich to nukes
Biden says they won't do anything
Biden is providing Iran with BILLIONS of dollars by unfreezing Iranian accountss in Japan and South Korea
Biden is doing nothing while Iranian spies attempted to kidnap an Iranian American journalist from her Brooklyn NEW YORK home

Bennett tells lies about Netanyahu and mocks him. That last statement is so ridiculously false, yet most people may have forgotten Netanyahu's operation in Iran to take all their documents --hat they are still using for valuable info even a few weeks ago during the latest Gaza uprising-- the tunnels there and some on the border of Lebanon and Syria were mapped out for Israel's convenience in the Iranian data.

Caroline goes on:
"Usually, shortly after a new prime minister enters office he flies to Washington to meet the U.S. President. Bennett is in no hurry. His meeting with Biden is scheduled for the second half of August.

The delay is telling. By the time he arrives at the White House, by Rouhani’s telling Iran will have reached nuclear breakout capacity. The Butcher of Tehran Ebraihim Raisi will have been sworn in as Iran’s new president. As Tuesday’s sanctions removal made clear, with or without a nuclear deal by mid-August, the Biden administration will have massively enriched Iran by lifting certain limitations on trade and unfreezing accounts.

In other words, by the time Bennett is scheduled to shake Biden’s hand, it will likely be too late to change the course of events on Iran."

Caroline won't say it but I will. This is moving FAST towards an Ezekiel 38 scenario.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
This is moving FAST towards an Ezekiel 38 scenario.

Yes, thinking this too. :sad

And the world seeing God's hand in moving against these enemies of Israel:

You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I am proved holythrough you before their eyes. vs. 16

I will execute judgment on him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfuron him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord.

vs 22-23

Hiftobaf

Russia is the key and has ceased cooperation with Israel and taken some of the leash off Syria's defenses. Sure looks like they've done some major recalculating. Won't be surprised at all when they decide to take a spoil... possibly very soon.

What is Russia and Syria planning to loot from Israel right now? I don't see it. They have their own problems and Syria is a barely functional state. Also Ezekiel 38 also happens when Israel is caught off-guard, which clearly isn't the case now either.

Something is happening right now, but it's not the setup for Ezekiel 38.

greg64

What is Russia and Syria planning to loot from Israel right now? I don't see it. They have their own problems and Syria is a barely functional state. Also Ezekiel 38 also happens when Israel is caught off-guard, which clearly isn't the case now either.

Well, the economies of Russia, Iran, and Turkey are not in the best shape, and Israel is sitting on tons of resources it will shortly be supplying to Europe in direct competition with Moscow. Israel's new government is filled with globalists who are detached from reality. The status quo has a shelf life, and I believe it's shorter than ever. Ezekiel will happen when it happens, but it strains coincidence to see pretty much all the pieces in place now in a very unstable and unsustainable way. Perhaps something will happen with Iran first, but they're still around for this invasion. Once dominoes start falling, I think they'll probably fall quickly.

athenasius

Ezekiel 38 is about a coalition of nations who invade Israel to loot it. What we have now is Iran wanting to drop a nuclear bomb on Israel. This is something different.
I think you missed my point. I'd just posted on the Russia connection in the Israel forum which I discussed the latest between Russia and Israel if you're interested. I've filled this Gog Magog section with my thoughts on Russia, Turkey and occaisionally Iran, the modern day equivalents of Cush and Put but in this case I was zeroing in on one of the partners. I tend to go on a bit with Russia so I was giving everyone a break from the full rundown.

God in discussing the Ezek 38 event points us towards several motives only one being theft as He directly addresses the one main actor and leader of the coalition of nations that invade Israel in Ezek 38. And that motive is not given to Iran. It isn't necessarily limited to Russia but please note the part I will bold because this is the other motive even with Gog of Magog.

Ezekiel 38: NIV
10 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11 You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. 12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.” 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’

Thoughts plural-- not necessarily just one motive here

Invasion

ATTACK This is NOT just plunder. That is a main motive for Gog of Magog but not the only one listed here. It's kind of a 2 for 1 as far as Gog's internal motives are concerned. The goal may be plunder but it isn't limited to theft.

Plunder and loot

against the people gathered from the nations (Israel back in the land-- with stuff Russia wants)

Sheba and Dedan and the merch of Tarshish conclude Gog of Magog is after plunder by observing and asking a rhetorical question.

The main point of the invasion may well be plunder from Russia's point of view but the other nations are not limited to that motive at all. Their motives aren't under discussion in Ezek 38 as God is addressing the leader of the team of nations, the one who devises the scheme.

As for Iran they may well add on plunder to recoup their losses from the last few years of Trump's successful financial shut downs of their economy.

One of the things to keep in mind is that Russia doesn't want competition selling oil and gas to Europe. It's their main source of income, their export economy in a nutshell. Israel's pipeline has been one of the driving forces behind Russia's speed in developing Nordstream 2 I think it is, and the land area around the Ukraine and Belarus. Getting the oil and gas TO "their" market in europe before Israel's pipelines come on line in 2025.

Trump was stopping Russia from completing Nordstream 2 on schedule and it really bothered Putin.

Putin is in Syria to take advantage of the Eastern Syrian oilfields which Trump concentrated on preventing. Again, chapping Putin's hide and creating a major annoyance for Putin. That was the Kurdish area of Syria btw.

Both Iran and Russia have major economic reasons to move in and take over the Israeli pipeline and oil and gas fields. Not to mention Turkey. I won't get going on them, but that is what is driving the Turkey Libya connection. Again, it's Israel's oil pipeline set to go thru Cyprus which is why they are encroaching in Cyprus too.

If you look at the major players of Ezekiel 38 --they are all driven by greed for oil and the desire in Iran's case (and Turkey, and to some extent Put and Cush) to wipe Israel off the map for good-- both as a competitor and as a source of oil.

When the world economy will eventually break down oil will be the currency that holds it's value. Those who possess oil and can sell to others will be sitting pretty.

That is Israel-- and Europe is looking for alternate sources of oil and gas because Russia has already threatened Germany with turning off the taps if they didn't do something Russia's way. About 2 years back, I forget what it was but Merkel was annoyed and France too. They know they don't dare challenge Russia right now, but after 2025, they will have another source of oil and gas.

athenasius

Syria is not mentioned in Ezek 38 at all. In fact that is one reason why several good theologians think the Isaiah 17 destruction of Damascus has to happen before Ezek 38. Syria doesn't need to be functional for Ezek 38, quite the opposite in fact. It is however from the North that the invasion comes, which is the area above the Golan Heights, and that does mean Syria in terms of the invasion point.

As above the spoil is oil. And the pipeline to Europe which is set for 2025 last I looked, which is when Russia will want to take it over if not sooner. I think Russia will bide their time for a bit waiting to let Israel go to the expense of finishing it, then waltz in and take over.

If you look at Putin's schedule he has had 2025 on the brain, I've got several threads in here on his changes to his term limits and other tweaks to keep him in power till that year and a bit beyond. He's got mid range plans.

I don't know when God puts the hook in the Russian jaw or whether Putin will even be in power by then, but the gang that got Putin in, has definitely been pulling the strings and Putin is their guy till he's no longer serving their purposes, when they will put the next guy into power.

Note that in that Ezek passage, the implication is that Russia is turning for home, when God puts the hook in the jaw and points them to Israel and their destruction. That evil thought comes naturally into Gog's brain (whoever Gog is at that point) just as God didn't put evil into Pharoah during the Exodus. That came from Pharoah, but God knew Pharoah's reactions before time began.

It's also interesting to see how Russia is concentrating on the partners of the Ezek 38 group; their actions in North Africa and Africa as a whole I go into in the thread I launched on the Wagner group. They are growing closer to Iran and Turkey, they are playing a role in Libya and Tunisia as well as the Sudan, and parts of Ethiopia. It's interesting to see these groups that have never been close (at least altogether) suddenly finding common ground.

At all moments, the new govt of Bennett and Lapid (really Lapid!) is engaged in sending signals of weakness to Russia and Iran both.

Last edited:

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I think you missed my point. I'd just posted on the Russia connection in the Israel forum which I discussed the latest between Russia and Israel if you're interested. I've filled this Gog Magog section with my thoughts on Russia, Turkey and occaisionally Iran, the modern day equivalents of Cush and Put but in this case I was zeroing in on one of the partners. I tend to go on a bit with Russia so I was giving everyone a break from the full rundown.

God in discussing the Ezek 38 event points us towards several motives only one being theft as He directly addresses the one main actor and leader of the coalition of nations that invade Israel in Ezek 38. And that motive is not given to Iran. It isn't necessarily limited to Russia but please note the part I will bold because this is the other motive even with Gog of Magog.

Ezekiel 38: NIV
10 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11 You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. 12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.” 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’

Thoughts plural-- not necessarily just one motive here

Invasion

ATTACK This is NOT just plunder. That is a main motive for Gog of Magog but not the only one listed here. It's kind of a 2 for 1 as far as Gog's internal motives are concerned. The goal may be plunder but it isn't limited to theft.

Plunder and loot

against the people gathered from the nations (Israel back in the land-- with stuff Russia wants)

Sheba and Dedan and the merch of Tarshish conclude Gog of Magog is after plunder by observing and asking a rhetorical question.

The main point of the invasion may well be plunder from Russia's point of view but the other nations are not limited to that motive at all. Their motives aren't under discussion in Ezek 38 as God is addressing the leader of the team of nations, the one who devises the scheme.

As for Iran they may well add on plunder to recoup their losses from the last few years of Trump's successful financial shut downs of their economy.

One of the things to keep in mind is that Russia doesn't want competition selling oil and gas to Europe. It's their main source of income, their export economy in a nutshell. Israel's pipeline has been one of the driving forces behind Russia's speed in developing Nordstream 2 I think it is, and the land area around the Ukraine and Belarus. Getting the oil and gas TO "their" market in europe before Israel's pipelines come on line in 2025.

Trump was stopping Russia from completing Nordstream 2 on schedule and it really bothered Putin.

Putin is in Syria to take advantage of the Eastern Syrian oilfields which Trump concentrated on preventing. Again, chapping Putin's hide and creating a major annoyance for Putin. That was the Kurdish area of Syria btw.

Both Iran and Russia have major economic reasons to move in and take over the Israeli pipeline and oil and gas fields. Not to mention Turkey. I won't get going on them, but that is what is driving the Turkey Libya connection. Again, it's Israel's oil pipeline set to go thru Cyprus which is why they are encroaching in Cyprus too.

If you look at the major players of Ezekiel 38 --they are all driven by greed for oil and the desire in Iran's case (and Turkey, and to some extent Put and Cush) to wipe Israel off the map for good-- both as a competitor and as a source of oil.

When the world economy will eventually break down oil will be the currency that holds it's value. Those who possess oil and can sell to others will be sitting pretty.

That is Israel-- and Europe is looking for alternate sources of oil and gas because Russia has already threatened Germany with turning off the taps if they didn't do something Russia's way. About 2 years back, I forget what it was but Merkel was annoyed and France too. They know they don't dare challenge Russia right now, but after 2025, they will have another source of oil and gas.

Hey i happen to like the fuller versions of your rabbit trails dont stop LOL!!!!!!

athenasius

Also Ezekiel 38 also happens when Israel is caught off-guard, which clearly isn't the case now either.

To your point -- I would counter argue that Israel is off guard right now with what Lapid and Bennett are doing, they are confident that their new approach will lead to peace. but we can agree to disagree. That is often where the best rabbit trails begin.

As to that careless sense of the ability to meet any threat, Bennett and Lapid epitomize that attitude and it's important ESPECIALLY when we are looking at Ezek 38. but you mention something even more interesting.

Lets go down the Elam rabbit trail a moment. Here's where you are onto something that I've enjoyed thinking about in previous threads. And that is the way that the Destruction of Damascus in Isaiah 17 is also mentioned in Jeremiah 49 along with the destruction of a certain limited area of Persia/Iran called Elam. Why would Jeremiah single out Elam and Ezekiel would too in Ezek 32:17-32. In Ezek 38 Ezekiel refers to Persia. Elam is a province of sorts within Persia. Something happens to Elam. (Bill Salus wrote a whole book on this subject)

The question I keep pondering is ----Are the destruction of Damascus and the area of Elam within Iran linked in some way? I think they are.

Isaiah 17 is all about the destruction of Damascus, but then Jeremiah 49 also talks about what appears to be the same event. (Amos has something to say too), and they all add life and details to the whole prophecy.

Ezekiel 32 caps it off, talking about the destruction of Elam again (he and Jeremiah both single out a separate area of Persia) and links it to some other important players in the Middle East including Egypt, Turkey and or Russia, Assyria (Syria) Sidon (Lebanon), and a bit of southern Jordan. There is even a hint about Russia in there. A whole bunch of them are put into their graves because they caused terror in the land of the living. Repeated over and over. When God says it more than once, it is even more important. So terrorism is a key. Or the fear of nukes -- (I've gone into this in the past, I'll dig up links if you need me to explain in detail)

SO

WHAT IF (and this is how I think it might play out)

Just before Ezek 38 happens

Damascus is destroyed -- and a number of other groups are seriously injured and angered. Iran is known for proxy wars but Israel is equally known for pinpoint strikes to Iran's outposts in Syria. Right now Israel is worried about the nuclear threat posed by Iran, and Iran's growing entrenchment in the Golan Heights. Russia is now acting against Israel's pinpoint strikes, or threatening to ever since Bennett and Lapid took power away from Netanyahu.

Isaiah 17 seems to hint that 2 things happen-- Damascus started things, and "the children of Israel" finished things. But God is the one ensuring they win. The description includes specific cities and provinces of Syria which I've detailed in other threads. A lot right on the northern Syria area by the coast, just underneath Turkey in an area that Turkey is currently trying to carve off for themselves.

The Destruction of Damascus war begins the process of the Jews realizing who God is, that He is real, and He is really there and they couldn't win this without Him. In Isaiah 17 the "children of Israel" do the fighting with God's guiding hand leaving no doubt who God is, and His protection of Israel. IN Ezekiel 38 however God and God ALONE delivers Israel. For some reason, they are unable to respond, and they are caught totally off guard. There is the implication in one of the verses that they are back from a war, settled on the mountains of Israel which are currently called the West Bank.

In that Damascus destruction listed in Isaiah 17 and Jeremiah 49:23-27 northern Israel takes a lot of damage. But the damage they inflict on their enemies is greater. And it happens FAST. This is why we are not yet seeing the fulfillment of that Isaiah 17 prophecy now, because the destruction Isaiah sees is overnight. Damascus is being destroyed to a degree, but she isn't done yet, and when she finally goes, it will be from evening to morning. One night.

If Jeremiah 49 is speaking of the same event, then Elam which is in south western Iran along the coastline, up into the mountain range behind and up over into the river plains of Iraq ALSO takes great damage. Along with many of their enemies. Ezekiel 32 IF it is talking about the same Elam destruction adds more details and rounds out the different groups involved. Bill Salus points out that the description of what exactly gets destroyed over in Elam, sounds an awful lot like missile launchers or some kind of missile delivery systems.

Iran's favourite way of conducting warfare is thru proxies. We see that in Yemen, Syria, Iraq and other places like Gaza and the West Bank and Lebanon. It would be quite in order with current events to see Iran start things using Syria (The leader of Syria Assad isn't that happy with Russia right now, and he's been making friendly gestures to Iran who is making friendly overtures right back)

Iran is already working to take over the Golan Heights area on the Syrian side, has been for some time. The Golan is something the leader of Syria Assad wants back. Russia has been signalling that they think Syria should have it back too. Iran is also setting up arms depots and outposts all over Syria but a lot in Damascus itself.

Somehow at some point Damascus (the capitol of Syria and the area Assad lives in and rules from) gets destroyed. At the same time Jeremiah 49 and Ezekiel 32:17-32 suggest that Elam gets destroyed, and the refugees from there flee all over the globe. It's something to do with causing terror. And the destruction even touches Egypt, Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon as well as Syria and especially Damascus.

It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think that Israel would try to rest and recuperate after that one day war that God ensures they win.

With leadership like the current team who would think that they've finished the job, now they can relax, reload, re arm, re charge.

If they are like Bennett and Lapid, they probably would take Russian promises of peace at face value--after all they are ready to take Palestinian's at face value (take a look at how the Ra'am party -- dedicated Islamists who want Israel destroyed--are being treated in the Knesset).

Israel as she stands today could respond to one war, then be physically and mentally unable to reload and recharge in time for the Russian Iranian Turkish contingent along with armies from the Sudan and Libya to help their Russian and Turkish friends.

This is the reason why I am interested in the nuclear ambitions of Iran, because as far as I'm concerned, Isaiah 17 and the Damascus destruction are likely to occur before Ezek 38, and probably in a shorter period of time since Russia would want to strike while Israel is recovering from that overnight war. I view the setups for both as overlapping to a great degree.

If that Damascus war were to happen around the time Israel was nearing completion of the pipeline, it would be all the more tempting for Russia.

I may be completely wrong, and you and others are free to disagree with every part of this but it is how I see it and I'm not alone in this theory, many other prophecy writers and teachers have had similar ideas.

Wings Like Eagles

Hopefully the rapture is even closer and God will send a timely reminder to the world that he's watching and not impressed
I think He is already sending out warnings to an unbelieving world that judgment is coming. The Bible pictures at least three types of judgments sent directly by God--floods, earthquakes, and fires--all of which appear to be increasing greatly.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Don't know myself if Bennett is good for Israel, still on the shelf for that one am afraid.
I was watching Prophecy watchers with Avi Lipkin as the guest (He represents the Bible block party In Israel and use to live in NY before moving to Israel) and he was basically saying they were pressuring Netanyahu to give the younger generation a go at being Prime Minister since Netanyahu had been in power for so long.

Well now they kinda got the wish and already there are signs of decline in Israel.

kathymendel

Seeing as to the times we are in, perhaps God allowed these new guys to take over purely because they won't see the danger that Bibi did.
In my mind I can picture Bibi as the walls that protected the city........ he was very aware of what he was dealing with and held his ground.
Now those walls are down and there are no "watchers" on them as far as the government goes. If Israel's leaders are now as inept as we have
here in the U.S. then they are in real trouble. Their enemies will clamor to invade them while they are weak.
(Could happen to us, too................)

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
So, I can't post a link because I can't find a solid source yet. But there are some videos and websites saying that Ethiopia has purchased a bunch of drones from Iran. (Sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere.) The drones were seen and there are photos. Raised my eyebrows.

TheRedeemed

@athenasius I love your assertions and thoughts in all of this.

Isn’t Afghanistan not part of the Magog coalition of nations? Ergo, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan.. who are all part of the attack on Israel in Ezekiel 38-39?

If true and given the presence of UN, US & UK forces to keep the peace and drive the Taliban out of power and away from power in Afghanistan, then their nefarious desires towards Israel couldn’t materialise, unless these forces are removed and the Taliban are controlling the country and able now to be part of the invasion force.

Surely the events in Afghanistan just now are the finger of God, for after all, He says this upcoming invasion and coming against His land and people will be to glorify Him and to show the world that He is Lord and God.

The troublesome developments right now in Afghanistan while being very concerning from a purely world view, is depressing and alarming for sure, but from a spiritual view point it’s very different, nay interesting to say the least to the watchers and, it could be another step towards the end and our glorification and removal.

Maranatha.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun

Isn’t Afghanistan not part of the Magog coalition of nations? Ergo, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan.. who are all part of the attack on Israel in Ezekiel 38-39?

If true and given the presence of UN, US & UK forces to keep the peace and drive the Taliban out of power and away from power in Afghanistan, then their nefarious desires towards Israel couldn’t materialise, unless these forces are removed and the Taliban are controlling the country and able now to be part of the invasion force.

Surely the events in Afghanistan just now are the finger of God, for after all, He says this upcoming invasion and coming against His land and people will be to glorify Him and to show the world that He is Lord and God.

The troublesome developments right now in Afghanistan while being very concerning from a purely world view, is depressing and alarming for sure, but from a spiritual view point it’s very different, nay interesting to say the least to the watchers and, it could be another step towards the end and our glorification and removal.

Maranatha.

On Pastors Point of view latest episode, Andy Woods also seems to think that Afghanistan does form part of the Magog part of the Ezekiel coalition.

athenasius

Maranatha.
Absolutely.
On Pastors Point of view latest episode, Andy Woods also seems to think that Afghanistan does form part of the Magog part of the Ezekiel coalition.
Andy had a very good video explaining it best. I saw someone else, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was who was also teaching the same thing. But yes, there is historical reasons for Magog to include Afghanistan.

There's plenty of Magog to go around though, so even if the Americans hadn't pulled out and shot Afghanstan straight into the "loving" arms of Iran and Russia, the Magog section of the coalition would dhave been well represented in Ezek 38.

But now, seeing one more "stan" gather under the wings of Russia, and Iran reminds me that the Ezekiel 38 alliance is building between the invaders. How long till it happens, only God knows, but everytime we see another of the chess pieces move into place, it's getting closer. I liked Andy's chess match analogy, I've often felt like the whole of the Middle East is a giant chess match with pieces shifting in advance of future prophecy events.

Back