The Merchants of the Earth

Hidden

Recently I have been fascinated by one the characters mentioned in Revelation: the merchants of the earth. They are mentioned 4 times in Revelation 18 and they seem to have a deep connection with Babylon. Here are the verses that mention them:

Revelation 18:3 "For all nations have drunk the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich from the power of her luxurious living."
- In the original Greek, the "luxurious living" is translated as sensuality. Which means Babylon is drunk with sensuality and the merchants of the earth directly benefit from this.

Revelation 18:11-13 "And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn for her, since no one buys their cargo anymore, cargo of gold, silver, jewels, pearls, fine linen, purple cloth, silk, scarlet cloth, all kinds of scented wood, all kinds of articles of ivory, all kinds of articles of costly wood, bronze, iron and marble, cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, oil, fine flour, wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and slaves, that is, human souls."
- These merchants are the suppliers of these goods and they supply them to Babylon who is intoxicated with these luxuries.

Revelation 18:15-17 "The merchants of these wares, who gained wealth from her, will stand far off, in fear of her torment, weeping and mourning aloud, 'Alas, alas, for the great city that was clothed in fine linen, in purple and scarlet, adorned with gold, with jewels, and with pearls! For in a single hour all this wealth has been laid waste.'"
- The global traders have gained wealth from Babylon and her destruction means the end of their trade.

Revelation 18:22-23 "and the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters, will be heard in you no more, and a craftsman of any craft will be found in you no more, and the sound of the mill will be heard in you no more, and the light of a lamp will shine in you no more, and the voice of bridegroom and bride will be heard in you no more, for your merchants were the great ones of the earth,"
- This verse seems to allude to entertainers, artists, innovators, and the manufacturers of all kinds of goods. Babylon is going to be a hub of all human art and inventions, which are at the core of humanism.

Verse 17 also mentions shipmasters and seafarers which is definitely a hint that their trade is global nature. And perhaps it is a clue that Babylon is not that rich in natural resources (perhaps a desert?) and all her luxuries are supplied to her from all over the world.

Footsteps

Thousands of huge cargo ships are stranded off California ports. We’re short on truckers to offload our Chinese merchants’ products. America is a huge part of the culture and spirit of Babylon. We’re rich in natural resources but are quick to mismanage them to the advantage of our frenemies. Spiritually we have great expanses of desert. Our leadership is leading us at warp speed to poverty. We are a laughingstock unable to defend our own stores - high end or modest. Our cowardly leader takes no stand against the slaves and children used by the Chinese and others to manufacture our goods. So why are the merchants weeping and “standing afar off”? Because Babylon’s destruction happened in an hour. A literal hour? Because we got nuked and the radiation is spreading? A Biblical hour? A minute before midnight, in some form.

Footsteps

China will miss me. Ah, the trade in corkboard furniture with plastic woodlike covering. The flat wrenches that fit only the hex nuts for that item. The day long easy assembly with minor scrapes. Clear instructions such as:

Attach top of bottom to Part E with ease of tightness.
Turn panel opposite of direction of underside.
If wood screw (B) penetrates dining room wall, remove and use screw (b). Repair hole using tube of spackle (d).
Do not place objects weighing more than hex nut tool (f) on finished curio shelf.

Hidden

For some reason Pfizer comes to mind. Also, members of congress, auto mfgs, utility co.'s, and big tech are living large off the land.

When I was reading the Rev 18 yesterday, what came to mind was the picture of the Queen Bee (Babylon) mating with the drones (Kings of the Earth) and being served by the worker bees (Merchants of the Earth). But of course the actual worker bees are females so the imagery is a bit off.

katt

New Babylon will be reduced to rubble by the Kurds during the Tribulation. The Kurds are believed to be descendants of an ancient body of people from the Middle East. They currently populate areas of Iraq and Turkey.
Remember the meads and persians? The kurds are the meads and if I remember correctly, the meads were always stronger than the persians, which explains why the Muslim government everywhere is always fighting them, they remember the history of the meads..

Reason & Hope

China will miss me. Ah, the trade in corkboard furniture with plastic woodlike covering. The flat wrenches that fit only the hex nuts for that item. The day long easy assembly with minor scrapes. Clear instructions such as:

If wood screw (B) penetrates dining room wall, remove and use screw (b). Repair hole using tube of spackle (d).
Do not place objects weighing more than hex nut tool (f) on finished curio shelf.
:ahaha It's all funny, but that's a great ending line!

Hidden

Jack Kelley wrote this article back in 2014 and it has a lot of information that you may find interesting and about the return of the Medes (Kurds) today.

https://www.raptureforums.com/bible-study/the-return-of-the-medes/

Thanks, Chris. The end-time role of the Kurds remind me of those adventure movies like LOTR where seemingly insignificant tribes or groups of people like the hobbits for example, became instrumental in toppling down an evil kingdom or empire.

Hidden

I wonder if Made in China junk will flood the Babylon market like what's happening now. Maybe not. A likely scenario is that the NWO will ostracize China and will source products elsewhere.

Footsteps

I wonder if Made in China junk will flood the Babylon market like what's happening now. Maybe not. A likely scenario is that the NWO will ostracize China and will source products elsewhere.
That’s a possibility. However, Xi recently began a manufacturing operation to produce furniture, office emblems, and desk nameplates for the NWO. Xi sent Joe a complimentary sample of an imitation crystal nameplate set in an imitation mahogany base. The desk plate reads:
Joe Biden
Receptionist
Parts Warehouse
Under the base is a little paper oval that reads Made in China.

RobinMc

I think under the NWO there won't be a lot of buying little nice-ities (?) just because they're cute. It may be hard to get basic necessities.

Hidden

I think under the NWO there won't be a lot of buying little nice-ities (?) just because they're cute. It may be hard to get basic necessities.

Hmm, this one is kind of tricky, because Rev. 6:6 did say that a day's salary would just be enough to buy the basic ingredients of making a bread. It will be massive inflation.

But maybe those who reside in Babylon (oil and wine?) will continue to enjoy the perks of kowtowing to the NWO. Rev. 18:22-23 list down the categories of pleasures that will be enjoyed there, namely:

1. the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters - arts, books, music, entertainment
2. craftsman of any craft - innovations, science?,
3. the sound of the mill - food production, production of all kinds of goods
4. the light of a lamp - technology? energy source?
5. the voice of bridegroom and bride - this is a Jewish metaphor for celebrations, so maybe this represents festivals, parties, weddings, concerts, etc.

katt

Hmm, this one is kind of tricky, because Rev. 6:6 did say that a day's salary would just be enough to buy the basic ingredients of making a bread. It will be massive inflation.

But maybe those who reside in Babylon (oil and wine?) will continue to enjoy the perks of kowtowing to the NWO. Rev. 18:22-23 list down the categories of pleasures that will be enjoyed there, namely:

1. the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters - arts, books, music, entertainment
2. craftsman of any craft - innovations, science?,
3. the sound of the mill - food production, production of all kinds of goods
4. the light of a lamp - technology? energy source?
5. the voice of bridegroom and bride - this is a Jewish metaphor for celebrations, so maybe this represents festivals, parties, weddings, concerts, etc.
This alone is enough to make me believe that contrary to what some teach, Islam will not be the rule of the day in the NWO, most, if not all the pleasures on that list are something Islam wants nothing to do with.

Hidden

This alone is enough to make me believe that contrary to what some teach, Islam will not be the rule of the day in the NWO, most, if not all the pleasures on that list are something Islam wants nothing to do with.

Yes, Babylon is more an agnostic system ruled by technocrats as alluded to in those verses. Verse 23 says "for your merchants were the great ones of the earth", which means they are the best humanity could offer: celebrities, athletes, scientists, intellectuals, writers, politicians, Big Tech magnates, oligarchs, well-known personalities, influencers, etc.

Fundamentalist Islam more likely figures into the Kings of the North/South in Daniel 11:40-45, and perhaps the 200M army, but not in Babylon.