The Mark

Pat

POINTS TO PONDER 40. The “MARK”​

I believe that this COVID19 lockdown is an alert signal to us, of what is on the way. We know that during the Great Tribulation period, the anti-Christ will assume total control as the world leader, even to the point of requiring worship as God. Buying and selling will be restricted only to those who have his mark. What is the mark? A tattoo? A micro-chip? The number 666? Regardless of what form the mark will take, it will serve as an identifier. It will signify to whom you belong. One belonging to Christ, will not receive the mark. Those who belong to the beast, will receive the mark. It is not hard to see the rapid progression today, from a discussion about forced vaccinations and not being able to travel or buy without a vaccination card, to receiving an identifying symbol of allegiance to the anti-Christ tomorrow. We are that close.

The Old Testament believers also had a "mark" that was commanded by God to be worn on the forehead and hands. This “mark” was the Word of God. "…thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes." (Deuteronomy 6:1-8). I saw these phylactery boxes and arm straps being worn by many orthodox Jews at the western wall in Jerusalem last year. Those outward adornments publicized their beliefs. Do we, as Christians, have an identifying "mark", showing to whom we belong and what we believe? Yes we do, but it is not an outward sign that we wear, such as a cross, or a bumper sticker, but the inward seal of the Holy Spirit who manifests the life of Jesus through us.

We are told in 1 Peter 3:15 to "...sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you...". Why would anyone ask us about the reason for our hope, other than because they see it in us? We put out a different "vibe". We have a different "spirit" than the world has. We don't have to shout it out, or wear a mark to show that we're different, we are different. That difference is the life of the Lord Jesus manifested in us. We don't act like unbelievers who have no hope. We don't panic at the threat of a virus. We don't seek “an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth”. We don't return evil for evil but rather we "...love our enemies, we bless those who curse us, we do good to those who hate us, and we pray for those who spitefully use us and persecute us..." and we love one another. These are the identifying marks of a follower of Jesus and they show the reason and reality of the hope within us.

This COVID19 event should serve as a reminder of what is eternally important. We should not be demanding our rights, protesting, or complaining about the way we are being treated, but rather we should be showing the world what Jesus looks like. Are we?

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
POINTS TO PONDER 40. The “MARK”​

I believe that this COVID19 lockdown is an alert signal to us, of what is on the way. We know that during the Great Tribulation period, the anti-Christ will assume total control as the world leader, even to the point of requiring worship as God. Buying and selling will be restricted only to those who have his mark. What is the mark? A tattoo? A micro-chip? The number 666? Regardless of what form the mark will take, it will serve as an identifier. It will signify to whom you belong. One belonging to Christ, will not receive the mark. Those who belong to the beast, will receive the mark. It is not hard to see the rapid progression today, from a discussion about forced vaccinations and not being able to travel or buy without a vaccination card, to receiving an identifying symbol of allegiance to the anti-Christ tomorrow. We are that close.

The Old Testament believers also had a "mark" that was commanded by God to be worn on the forehead and hands. This “mark” was the Word of God. "…thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes." (Deuteronomy 6:1-8). I saw these phylactery boxes and arm straps being worn by many orthodox Jews at the western wall in Jerusalem last year. Those outward adornments publicized their beliefs. Do we, as Christians, have an identifying "mark", showing to whom we belong and what we believe? Yes we do, but it is not an outward sign that we wear, such as a cross, or a bumper sticker, but the inward seal of the Holy Spirit who manifests the life of Jesus through us.

We are told in 1 Peter 3:15 to "...sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you...". Why would anyone ask us about the reason for our hope, other than because they see it in us? We put out a different "vibe". We have a different "spirit" than the world has. We don't have to shout it out, or wear a mark to show that we're different, we are different. That difference is the life of the Lord Jesus manifested in us. We don't act like unbelievers who have no hope. We don't panic at the threat of a virus. We don't seek “an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth”. We don't return evil for evil but rather we "...love our enemies, we bless those who curse us, we do good to those who hate us, and we pray for those who spitefully use us and persecute us..." and we love one another. These are the identifying marks of a follower of Jesus and they show the reason and reality of the hope within us.

This COVID19 event should serve as a reminder of what is eternally important. We should not be demanding our rights, protesting, or complaining about the way we are being treated, but rather we should be showing the world what Jesus looks like. Are we?
How can we show the world what Jesus looks like if we are forced to be holed up in our houses?

Lynn

How can we show the world what Jesus looks like if we are forced to be holed up in our houses?
Good question. I've wondered about this myself. I have heard though that many more people are tuning into online church than would have visited in person. Some are being saved around the world. So, for this reason, perhaps online church has one advantage.

Jette_516

We are getting ready to emerge from our homes in my part of the world. It’s been my prayer that as I have been praying and studying my life will be further transformed so that people will notice and ask the reason for my hope.

As for the mark, I remember when the isolated article about RFID would circulate concerning its potential use in that capacity. However, the whole world is now talking about these ‘health passports’, global identity protections, etc. Quantum dot tattoos make it seem easier to accomplish this (especially since tattoos of any kind have become a socially acceptable form of expression). This alone has convinced me that the rapture is closer than ever.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Great article Pat, thanks for sharing! I really think this is important to think about :sad ........are we reflecting Christ online, in our families, neighborhoods, grocery store, etc?

Through all of this right now, I've decided that I don't want to be fearful but to trust God, that He's working and that He is my refuge in this time. There have been lots of opportunities to connect with neighbors and people in the community as I've gone about activities that are essential....in fact, people are very willing to talk and share their concerns right now. And that has opened up paths to point to God. There really is great opportunity right now, as God leads, and it would be so sad to miss this blessing in lieu of some of the things you have mentioned.

I had a family member surprisingly tell me that the calm and steadiness (available only by the grace and power of God) that God has helped me to have has been influential to them. Expressing thankfulness for God's care in our lives, keeping eyes open to where God may want to have impact...even one person, and trusting that God has purpose in all of this has been unexpectedly and surprisingly impactful with this family member. I've had my moments for sure and don't claim perfection, there is some strain, but I'm so glad for God's leading in this situation, to be used by God for such positive good.

It's in circumstances just as we are in today that allows for Christ to shine in a believer. I think of Paul and Silas in Acts 16, who were put in jail. They could have yelled, complained, kicked the walls, etc., they had been very poorly treated. The situation seemed pretty dire and hopeless. Instead they chose to sing hymns and pray to God. Vs. 25 shares something really important, .......and the other prisoners were listening. They heard Paul and Silas praising God, trusting God, placing their situation into His capable hands, worshiping God.

I have felt it important to be aware of what I'm saying and doing for the sake of anyone that's around me, that what is listened to and my actions are impactful for Christ. And, I have seen in several situations that God can work and provide even in this seemingly 'impossible' situation so that even in the midst of a challenge we are in, there is rejoicing and joy at how God is here working, helping and blessing. I'm just sharing in hopes to be of encouragement and share how God is working.

In the case of Paul and Silas the fruits of prayer, worship and trusting in God was immediate:

Suddenly, there was a massive earthquake, and the prison was shaken to its foundations. All the doors immediately flew open, and the chains of every prisoner fell off! The jailer woke up to see the prison doors wide open. He assumed the prisoners had escaped, so he drew his sword to kill himself. But Paul shouted to him, “Stop! Don’t kill yourself! We are all here!”

The jailer called for lights and ran to the dungeon and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household.” And they shared the word of the Lord with him and with all who lived in his household.

Even at that hour of the night, the jailer cared for them and washed their wounds. Then he and everyone in his household were immediately baptized. He brought them into his house and set a meal before them, and he and his entire household rejoiced because they all believed in God.
v.s. 26-34

Love His Appearing

I had a family member surprisingly tell me that the calm and steadiness (available only by the grace and power of God) that God has helped me to have has been influential to them. Expressing thankfulness for God's care in our lives, keeping eyes open to where God may want to have impact...even one person, and trusting that God has purpose in all of this has been unexpectedly and surprisingly impactful with this family member. I've had my moments for sure and don't claim perfection, there is some strain, but I'm so glad for God's leading in this situation, to be used by God for such positive good.
I have had the same thing. I was overcome with the thought that even holed up in our homes, we can have more impact that you could ever believe just in your interactions with those in your small circle.

NCannie

I was on hold the other day with unemployment for 7.5 hours. Once a lady finally took my call she put me on/off hold for another 20 minutes. She apologized profusely when the conversation was ending. I said that’s alright, every time you put me on hold , I prayed for the safety of your family, your job and your day. She was over whelmed that someone would do that for her. I don’t know if she was a Christian but every bit of opportunity could make a difference to someone if we use it!

Kerbluey

had a family member surprisingly tell me that the calm and steadiness (available only by the grace and power of God) that God has helped me to have has been influential to them. Expressing thankfulness for God's care in our lives, keeping eyes open to where God may want to have impact...even one person, and trusting that God has purpose in all of this has been unexpectedly and surprisingly impactful with this family member. I've had my moments for sure and don't claim perfection, there is some strain, but I'm so glad for God's leading in this situation, to be used by God for such positive good.
This reminds me of a story Corrie ten Boom told. She was on a flight that started rapidly losing altitude. Everyone was screaming and panicking. She bowed her head and started praying. Afterwards she felt terribly guilty that she hadn’t stood up and proclaimed Christ. However, later a passenger approached her and wanted to know why she remained calm while everyone else panicked. I can’t remember if she led him to the Lord, but she definitely presented the Truth to him.

Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words. :)

JamesSuth

I was on hold the other day with unemployment for 7.5 hours. Once a lady finally took my call she put me on/off hold for another 20 minutes. She apologized profusely when the conversation was ending. I said that’s alright, every time you put me on hold , I prayed for the safety of your family, your job and your day. She was over whelmed that someone would do that for her. I don’t know if she was a Christian but every bit of opportunity could make a difference to someone if we use it!
That really made an impression on me, thank you! So often we act just like the world, I feel convicted. You were on hold for the best part of a day and chose to bless the person you spoke to. I pray we will all USE this opportunity we have to proclaim Christ to the world.

sissy kidwell

I love this! I'm a bit of a shut-in and very rarely leave my home except for dr visits, grocery store. When solicitors call me or wrong numbers I use that as a chance to share the gospel with them. Sometimes I will say "Jesus loves you and I do too." I've only gotten one negative response and it was an "ugh" and hang up. I don't know how to explain it but I always get this rush feeling when people are so responsive and thank me. It just makes my day. And when I get this I don't want to do it today thought I just go ahead and do it because I know I need to, I'm not going to let satan win.