The Marine Who Called for Afghanistan Accountability Has Been Thrown in Prison

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Back in August, Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller called for accountability for military leadership on the disastrous and catastrophic exit from Afghanistan. He did so knowing he was risking his career and would likely face punishment for doing so.

"The reason people are so upset on social media right now is not because the Marine on the battlefield let someone down," Scheller said. "People are upset because their senior leaders let them down and none of them are raising their hands and accepting accountability or saying, 'We messed this up.'"

"I'm not saying we've got to be in Afghanistan forever, but I am saying: Did any of you throw your rank on the table and say, 'Hey, it’s a bad idea to evacuate Bagram Airfield, a strategic airbase, before we evacuate everyone.' Did anyone do that? And when you didn't think to do that, did anyone raise their hand and say, 'We completely messed this up.'"

“Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. is currently in pre-trial confinement in the Regional Brig for Marine Corps Installations East aboard Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune pending an Article 32 preliminary hearing,” said Capt. Sam Stephenson, a spokesman for Training and Education Command. “The time, date, and location of the proceedings have not been determined. Lt. Col. Scheller will be afforded all due process.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...untability-has-been-thrown-in-prison-n2596584

It seems the enemy is quickly punishing any individual American who dares to speak out against the enemy. This officer may have violated military rules of conduct for officers... I've been retired so long that I don't remember the rules. Whatever the rules for this guy are, they're the same for all the flag officers who've been mouthing off in recent years...

:pray:pray:pray

Andy C

Back in August, Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller called for accountability for military leadership on the disastrous and catastrophic exit from Afghanistan. He did so knowing he was risking his career and would likely face punishment for doing so.

"The reason people are so upset on social media right now is not because the Marine on the battlefield let someone down," Scheller said. "People are upset because their senior leaders let them down and none of them are raising their hands and accepting accountability or saying, 'We messed this up.'"

"I'm not saying we've got to be in Afghanistan forever, but I am saying: Did any of you throw your rank on the table and say, 'Hey, it’s a bad idea to evacuate Bagram Airfield, a strategic airbase, before we evacuate everyone.' Did anyone do that? And when you didn't think to do that, did anyone raise their hand and say, 'We completely messed this up.'"

“Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. is currently in pre-trial confinement in the Regional Brig for Marine Corps Installations East aboard Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune pending an Article 32 preliminary hearing,” said Capt. Sam Stephenson, a spokesman for Training and Education Command. “The time, date, and location of the proceedings have not been determined. Lt. Col. Scheller will be afforded all due process.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...untability-has-been-thrown-in-prison-n2596584

It seems the enemy is quickly punishing any individual American who dares to speak out against the enemy. This officer may have violated military rules of conduct for officers... I've been retired so long that I don't remember the rules. Whatever the rules for this guy are, they're the same for all the flag officers who've been mouthing off in recent years...

You and I both know what the LtCol did was against the UCMJ. He was warned to stop making those comments, but he chose to continue on, defying legal orders. He knew where this would land him, yet he continued on. Unless he had some sort of mental breakdown, then IMO, he is trying to set up his future as the next Oliver North. Only Oliver did the right thing, this LtCol will probably not cash in on his action in the future.

Remember when he made his first comment on the video, he himself said he knew he would be charged, and said if he was the boss in the same situation, he to would also bring charges.

I know most who did not serve in the military can be puzzled for why this officer was charged, but those of us who did, especially an officer, know you cant make public disparaging statements about senior officers - even if your comments might be correct.

This LtCol could be considered brave, but also not very smart.

Andy C

T
Most if not all flag officers dont make disparaging statements while on active duty.

Remember the anti Trump LtCol Vinderman? He was fired, and then chose to retire because he knew he had no possible promotion in his future.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Most if not all flag officers dont make disparaging statements while on active duty.

It seemed like that hasn't been the case in recent years, specifically during the Trump administration. But then my exposure to such is just what I see in the headlines on the internet, so my understanding of what was occurring was only as good as those headlines.

You and I both know what the LtCol did was against the UCMJ. He was warned to stop making those comments, but he chose to continue on, defying legal orders. He knew where this would land him, yet he continued on. Unless he had some sort of mental breakdown, then IMO, he is trying to set up his future as the next Oliver North. Only Oliver did the right thing, this LtCol will probably not cash in on his action in the future.

Like I said in my most, my recollection of the rules is getting fuzzy, but it did seem to me that the Lt Col in question was in the wrong.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Remember the anti Trump LtCol Vinderman? He was fired, and then chose to retire because he knew he had no possible promotion in his future.

I remember that fella... but don't remember the specifics of what he did... but it seems that he should probably be in a military prison if half of what I'm remembering is somewhat accurate. Vindman certainly shouldn't have been allowed to retire, except maybe as an E-1 at most.

This current Lt Col will probably end up in a military prison for a time.

Andy C

I remember that fella... but don't remember the specifics of what he did... but it seems that he should probably be in a military prison if half of what I'm remembering is somewhat accurate. Vindman certainly shouldn't have been allowed to retire, except maybe as an E-1 at most.

This current Lt Col will probably end up in a military prison for a time.
I dont think he will do any real time. He is in pre trial confinement for now, and will most likely be released soon, and then await his trial. He would not be facing any serious charges had he simply stopped at the first video.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Yet you remember where every good hamburger is sold in multiple different states….:biggrin

That's because that information is still relevant and useful to me in my current life. That's kind of the way my pea brain works... I only remember what's important to me at any given time. Burgers are kind of important, wouldn't you say?

The UCMJ is only important to me in how parts may pertain to retirees... and even then I don't have a clue, so I just shut up and try to stay in the lines while coloring lest I get in trouble.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I dont think he will do any real time. He is in pre trial confinement for now, and will most likely be released soon, and then await his trial. He would not be facing any serious charges had he simply stopped at the first video.

The left likes to squash and totally ruin anyone who stands against them. The Jan 6th prisoners are an example of that. Those apparently don't have the right to a speedy trial, for example...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Marine Lieutenant Colonel Stuart Scheller Released from Brig​

Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. is being released from confinement Tuesday, according to the Marine Corps.

Marine Capt. Sam Stephenson, Training and Education Command spokesperson, said:

Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. is being released from confinement today, Oct. 5, 2021, as a result of a mutual agreement between Lt. Col. Scheller, his Defense counsel, and the Commanding General, Training Command. No additional details regarding the agreement may be released at this time.

Scheller was confined last week after he allegedly violated a gag order from his commander to stop posting on social media about his case.

Scheller had criticized U.S. military leadership over the botched Afghanistan withdrawal in a short video posted on his Facebook page on August 26, after 13 service members were killed as part of the military’s non-combatant evacuation operation in Kabul.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/05/marine-lieutenant-colonel-stuart-scheller-released/

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Marine Who Criticized Disastrous Afghanistan Exit Has Been Handed His Sentence​

After pleading guilty to all six charges against him relating to his public criticism of top military leaders amid the Afghanistan withdrawal, Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. has been handed his sentence.

The judge issued a letter of reprimand and Scheller was ordered to forfeit $5,000 of one month’s pay, which would’ve been a two-month forfeiture of pay had he not already been in the brig for nine days for breaking a gag order.

The judge said he does not condone Scheller’s offenses, but noted his 17 year USMC career, saying that prior to his social media incident, he was an officer with an outstanding record – a record, he said, he weighed heavily.

The letter of reprimand was much less than what was recommended. The prosecution recommended a forfeiture of $5,000 of pay for 6 months and a letter of reprimand. The maximum penalty could have been forfeiture of 2/3 monthly pay for 12 months and a letter of reprimand.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/10/15/scheller-sentenced-n2597513

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies

Marine Who Criticized Disastrous Afghanistan Exit Has Been Handed His Sentence​

After pleading guilty to all six charges against him relating to his public criticism of top military leaders amid the Afghanistan withdrawal, Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. has been handed his sentence.

The judge issued a letter of reprimand and Scheller was ordered to forfeit $5,000 of one month’s pay, which would’ve been a two-month forfeiture of pay had he not already been in the brig for nine days for breaking a gag order.

The judge said he does not condone Scheller’s offenses, but noted his 17 year USMC career, saying that prior to his social media incident, he was an officer with an outstanding record – a record, he said, he weighed heavily.

The letter of reprimand was much less than what was recommended. The prosecution recommended a forfeiture of $5,000 of pay for 6 months and a letter of reprimand. The maximum penalty could have been forfeiture of 2/3 monthly pay for 12 months and a letter of reprimand.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/10/15/scheller-sentenced-n2597513
He is among the many brave heroes to me who did what was right instead of keeping the status quo of keeping silent and allowing the stink to get slinkier, even when he knew it would cost him. We need to have more MEN like him and not less. He stood up and voiced his concern because he saw the damage and devastation it has caused many service members who served in the middle east, and wondered "WHY?"

Andy C

He is among the many brave heroes to me who did what was right instead of keeping the status quo of keeping silent and allowing the stink to get slinkier, even when he knew it would cost him. We need to have more MEN like him and not less. He stood up and voiced his concern because he saw the damage and devastation it has caused many service members who served in the middle east, and wondered "WHY?"
https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...r-telling-the-truth-about-afghanistan.183913/

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

‘The War Isn’t Over’: Stu Scheller Announces Discharge from the Marine Corps, His Planned Media Blitz​

The Marine lieutenant colonel who demanded accountability from senior military leaders for the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan has announced that he has been officially discharged from the Marine Corps and is planning to go on a media blitz.

Former Marine Lieutenant Colonel Stuart Scheller wrote on his Facebook page on December 23: “Out of respect to my senior leaders, I haven’t done a single interview since this began. But now it’s my turn. My television media blitz starts with Tucker Carlson on 4 January.”
On December 26, he summarized a September 2, 2021, email from a civilian official with the Marine Corps Communications Directorate, that allegedly said, “Communications Directorate is running the following campaign to counter the narrative, ‘There is a forum in which Marine leaders can address their disagreements with the chain of command, but it’s not social media.’ This narrative was able to affect the sentiment with many of the articles, with 17% of the overall articles including the statement.”

Scheller said the email was placed into his command investigation, which he obtained.

“The takeaway … if you speak out against the Marine Corps, they literally have an entire department whose only goal is to discredit you while spinning the narrative in their favor. And all the senior Generals, despite stating their impartiality during the legal process … are on the email chain,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...s-discharge-marine-corps-planned-media-blitz/

Andy C

I will never understand this officer. In his initial video, he did not state anything new, had no inside information, yet posted his opinion and now his 18 years of service was for nothing. He cost himself approx 4500 a month in retirement plus other benefits. For what? Saying what most of the country already knows and agrees with?
He knew as he states he would be charged, so what was gained compared to what was lost?

Puzzling story. Maybe he was frustrated he did not have a real battalion to be the CO of. Instead, he led a training BN which most LtCols would be frustrated at for being passed over to lead a full infantry battalion.