'The Hunt' writer defends controversial film as Universal sets new release date: 'This is not a dangerous movie'

Popcornfish

Lovin Jesus

Universal is associated with NBC and MSNBC who don't hide that they hate Pres. Trump. Their "timely" release of this movie is likely meant to heat up emotions during this election cycle. I think it is a dangerous movie when you just look at the title and who the " hunted" are.

vbf

After the rapture, sans the restraining power of the Holy Spirit, this will be a daily ocurrence and the clowns that lie about its innocence and lacking in potentially dangerous ramifications will be the hunted. Let's see how non-dangerous and harmless it will be then.

Sowing and reaping....it's a thing.

Lovin Jesus

So Universal defends the release of this movie saying it us a " satire " and not to be taken seriously. What they don't realize is that what they percieve to nit be taken seriously isn't what matters, it us how the viewing public percieves it and the way they interpret it. Movies certainly make an impact on people and this kind of movie will only impact people who are politically charged in a negative way.

JSTyler

So Universal defends the release of this movie saying it us a " satire " and not to be taken seriously. What they don't realize is that what they percieve to nit be taken seriously isn't what matters, it us how the viewing public percieves it and the way they interpret it. Movies certainly make an impact on people and this kind of movie will only impact people who are politically charged in a negative way.
They know exactly what they are doing. I wonder if they ever considered the truth of "For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind:" within the context of the entire passage? Hosea 8 btw.

On second thought, naaaaaaah. The idea the life's decisions have actual consequences never seems to enter the minds of hedonists.

Lovin Jesus

They know exactly what they are doing. I wonder if they ever considered the truth of "For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind:" within the context of the entire passage? Hosea 8 btw.

On second thought, naaaaaaah. The idea the life's decisions have actual consequences never seems to enter the minds of hedonists.
You're probably right they know what they are doing. In fact, for those who have been calling for a civil war in this country it may just happen sooner than later and some just tend to want to give it a push to get it started

Last edited:

MapleLeaf

What is this movie? I guess I could go look up the trailer myself but what is the controversy?

Edited to add: ok, I just realized there was a link to the article. Whoops. It sounds very disturbing

Lovin Jesus

What is this movie? I guess I could go look up the trailer myself but what is the controversy?

Edited to add: ok, I just realized there was a link to the article. Whoops. It sounds very disturbing
The movie is about the elites hunting down (to kill) the deplorables. Of course the elite represent the left and the deplorables represent Trump supporters.

Cjhadley

Glenn Beck was talking about this movie the other day. He said the movie is not what people think it is and that it actually makes the elites look bad and the deplorable look good. He said he knows the people who made it. Even if what he said is true I still think that it is a movie that shouldn’t be made.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
Glenn Beck was talking about this movie the other day. He said the movie is not what people think it is and that it actually makes the elites look bad and the deplorable look good. He said he knows the people who made it. Even if what he said is true I still think that it is a movie that shouldn’t be made.
I still believe it can be taken the wrong way but those bent on destroying conservatism. In the end, the evil turns upon the leftists, yes. But are we to return evil for evil?

MapleLeaf

I don’t enjoy any movie about hunting others. I guess that is what upsets me. I enjoy comedies but violent comedies not so much. “Jo Jo Rabbit “ is about as edgy as I get. I did really enjoy that one