The Holocaust in the Bible

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
My husband is of the opinion that Matthew 24:9 may be the Holocaust, with the "wars and rumors of wars" being WWI, WW2 etc. and the "rumors" being especially the Cold War. I did a search here on this site and found an article by Jack Kinsella, and he appeared to believe the same thing.

Now, this leaves me a little confused. Though not a reborn nation yet, the dispersed Jews were of course directly affected by WW1 and especially WW2. And not being a history buff at all, with a quick google I can see how Israel was involved with the Cold War with Russia.

And, I can easily come to the conclusion that we are in the "Beginning of Sorrows" at this time.

But verse 9 begins with "Then," which leads me to believe this event is after the Beginning of Sorrows begins.....which doesn't seem to work if it is the Holocaust. There have always been Earthquakes, famines, pestilence, but they are spiking right now....75 years after the Holocaust.

Thinking this through......In addition to seeing the Beginning of Sorrows, we do also see a form of the things mentioned in verses 10-12 happening right now.....but what we are seeing is a shadow of the Tribulation. Everything we see now, during the Tribulation, will be on steroids.

Thinking, discussing, and Reading this through again, My husband and I can see that verses 9-14 are a condensed summary of what will happen to the Jews, and then "the end will come"...... with verses 15 and onward clearly pertaining to the Tribulation. Leaving us to think the rapture happens between verses 8 and 9.

So in light of this, was Hitler's holocaust another shadow in history, of what will happen in the tribulation? Therefore Making verse 9 only about the tribulation?

SO THEREFORE....and this is what is really bothering me.......If Matthew 24:9 isn't a mention of Hitler's Holocaust, then where is it? It's got to be somewhere, right? With the hundreds of other prophecies fulfilled, Why wouldn't the demonic, systematic attempt to exterminate the entire Jewish race, with the death of 6 million Jews, be mentioned in the Word?

Upon further discussion, My husband is changing his mind, and thinks that Matthew 24 addresses specifically the NATION of ISRAEL, not the JEWS as a PEOPLE. So that is why the Lord (and the Word) does not mention the holocaust specifically, because there was no nation at the time of the holocaust. Jesus didn't want to get into all of that in Matthew 24, because it would be an overwhelming and very confusing answer to their questions. Way too much information for them back then.

So I am now surmising......in 2020 we are not actually in the Beginning of Sorrows, but we are only seeing the BEGINNING (the shadow) of the Beginning of Sorrows.......and the Holocaust and continuing hatred of the Jews/Nation of Israel was/is only the BEGINNING (the shadow) of "they shall deliver you up..."

I apologize for thinking out loud and asking a chain of questions. Don't feel like you have to answer my every thought. Haha. If there is an article that addresses all of this that would be great.

Andy C

My husband is of the opinion that Matthew 24:9 may be the Holocaust, with the "wars and rumors of wars" being WWI, WW2 etc. and the "rumors" being especially the Cold War. I did a search here on this site and found an article by Jack Kinsella, and he appeared to believe the same thing.

Now, this leaves me a little confused. Though not a reborn nation yet, the dispersed Jews were of course directly affected by WW1 and especially WW2. And not being a history buff at all, with a quick google I can see how Israel was involved with the Cold War with Russia.

And, I can easily come to the conclusion that we are in the "Beginning of Sorrows" at this time.

But verse 9 begins with "Then," which leads me to believe this event is after the Beginning of Sorrows begins.....which doesn't seem to work if it is the Holocaust. There have always been Earthquakes, famines, pestilence, but they are spiking right now....75 years after the Holocaust.

Thinking this through......In addition to seeing the Beginning of Sorrows, we do also see a form of the things mentioned in verses 10-12 happening right now.....but what we are seeing is a shadow of the Tribulation. Everything we see now, during the Tribulation, will be on steroids.

Thinking, discussing, and Reading this through again, My husband and I can see that verses 9-14 are a condensed summary of what will happen to the Jews, and then "the end will come"...... with verses 15 and onward clearly pertaining to the Tribulation. Leaving us to think the rapture happens between verses 8 and 9.

So in light of this, was Hitler's holocaust another shadow in history, of what will happen in the tribulation? Therefore Making verse 9 only about the tribulation?

SO THEREFORE....and this is what is really bothering me.......If Matthew 24:9 isn't a mention of Hitler's Holocaust, then where is it? It's got to be somewhere, right? With the hundreds of other prophecies fulfilled, Why wouldn't the demonic, systematic attempt to exterminate the entire Jewish race, with the death of 6 million Jews, be mentioned in the Word?

Upon further discussion, My husband is changing his mind, and thinks that Matthew 24 addresses specifically the NATION of ISRAEL, not the JEWS as a PEOPLE. So that is why the Lord (and the Word) does not mention the holocaust specifically, because there was no nation at the time of the holocaust. Jesus didn't want to get into all of that in Matthew 24, because it would be an overwhelming and very confusing answer to their questions. Way too much information for them back then.

So I am now surmising......in 2020 we are not actually in the Beginning of Sorrows, but we are only seeing the BEGINNING (the shadow) of the Beginning of Sorrows.......and the Holocaust and continuing hatred of the Jews/Nation of Israel was/is only the BEGINNING (the shadow) of "they shall deliver you up..."

I apologize for thinking out loud and asking a chain of questions. Don't feel like you have to answer my every thought. Haha. If there is an article that addresses all of this that would be great.
24:9 IMO takes place during the tribulation, and verse 15 is the mid point of the tribulation.

Matthew 24:
6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
24:9 IMO takes place during the tribulation, and verse 15 is the mid point of the tribulation.

Matthew 24:
6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—
So why do you think the Holocaust isn't mentioned in the Bible? (Unless there is something I don't know about.)

Andy C

So why do you think the Holocaust isn't mentioned in the Bible? (Unless there is something I don't know about.)
I dont think we can answer that.

I do know that after all the millions of deaths for the jews and others in the holocaust, something good followed which fulfilled prophecy - Israel was a nation again.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I dont think we can answer that.

I do know that after all the millions of deaths for the jews and others in the holocaust, something good followed which fulfilled prophecy - Israel was a nation again.
Yes. And I suppose that the mention of all the deaths were not necessary in the chain of prophetic events.....God may have omitted it from His Word as not to be a distraction from the "flow."

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I've heard someone say Zechariah 13:8-9 is a reference to the holocaust:

In the whole land,” declares the Lord, “two-thirds will be struck down and perish; yet one-third will be left in it. 9 This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’”

The idea being that verse 8 is a reference to 2/3 of the Jews dying in the holocaust and then the 1/3 that is put into the fire would be the people who go through the tribulation

I thought Ezekiels 'Can these dry bones live?' prophecy along with Ezekiels 'shall a nation be born in a day?'
were both referring to the Holocaust.
Well,,,thats what I think I thought I remember.

castcrowns

I thought Ezekiels 'Can these dry bones live?' prophecy along with Ezekiels 'shall a nation be born in a day?'
were both referring to the Holocaust.
Well,,,thats what I think I thought I remember.
The Dry Bones and Nation Born in On Day prophecies are about the return to the Land.
Modern Israel was indeed born in one day as an independent Jewish nation, fulfilled on May 14, 1948.

castcrowns

I've heard someone say Zechariah 13:8-9 is a reference to the holocaust:

In the whole land,” declares the Lord, “two-thirds will be struck down and perish; yet one-third will be left in it. 9 This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’”

The idea being that verse 8 is a reference to 2/3 of the Jews dying in the holocaust and then the 1/3 that is put into the fire would be the people who go through the tribulation
Zechariah 13: 8-9 is about the final holocaust.

During the Great Tribulation, two thirds of the global Jewish will be martyred.
Many Jews think this is an anti-semitic interpretation, but it is a sad future prophecy.
But one third will survive and go into the Millennium Kingdom as mortals and will repopulated the planet.
This is the remnant that heeds the warning of Jesus Christ and Daniel by fleeing Judea when they see the Abomination of the Desolation. They flee to Bozrah in modern Jordan.

Revelation 12 explains much of this, and also the mystery of Anti-Semitism and who is really behind it and why.

The symbolic pregnant woman is national Israel throughout her history.
This vision is connected to Joseph's dream described in Genesis 37:9-11

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Zechariah 13: 8-9 is about the final holocaust.

During the Great Tribulation, two thirds of the global Jewish will be martyred.
Many Jews think this is an anti-semitic interpretation, but it is a sad future prophecy.
But one third will survive and go into the Millennium Kingdom as mortals and will repopulated the planet.
This is the remnant that heeds the warning of Jesus Christ and Daniel by fleeing Judea when they see the Abomination of the Desolation. They flee to Bozrah in modern Jordan.

Revelation 12 explains much of this, and also the mystery of Anti-Semitism and who is really behind it and why.

The symbolic pregnant woman is national Israel throughout her history.
This vision is connected to Joseph's dream described in Genesis 37:9-11

I don't see how going into the millennium could be considered being cast into the fire. In Zechariah, 2/3 die by the sword and the remaining 1/3 are cast into the fire.

This is a commentary from Jack Kelley:

That said, I think the 2/3rds reference comes from Zechariah 13:8-9 where the Lord says in the whole land 2/3rds will be struck down and perish, and the 1/3 who are left will be brought into the fire. This refers to Israel. The phrase “the fire” is thought to be the refiner’s fire, a name sometimes given to the Great Tribulation. That means 2/3rds of the Jewish people will die sometime before the Great Tribulation begins. A careful reading of Zechariah 13:8-9 shows that this 2/3rds will perish sometime between the scattering that took place after the crucifixion and the beginning of the Great Tribulation. One interpretation of this has the 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust representing the 2/3rds. But it’s also possible that this many Jews could die during the Seal and Trumpet judgments of Daniel’s 70th Week.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/will-two-thirds-of-earths-population-die/

castcrowns

I don't see how going into the millennium could be considered being cast into the fire. In Zechariah, 2/3 die by the sword and the remaining 1/3 are cast into the fire.

This is a commentary from Jack Kelley:

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/will-two-thirds-of-earths-population-die/
The remaining one third of Jews are not cast into a literal fire.
They will be refined as their faith will be tested when they take refuge in Bozrah during the Great Tribulation.
These are the Jews who cry out for Messiah Jesus to return and save them from the Antichrist's army. And He will hear them and respond to their request.

They will meet Jesus along with the 144,000 on Mount Zion for the Judgment of Israel after the end of the Tribulation.
(Ezekiel 20:40-44)

Those mortal Jews, and the fewer mortal gentiles who survive the Sheep and Goat Judgment will enter the Millennium Kingdom to repopulate the world as Noah's family did after the Flood.

Israel will be the primary nation, and there will be more Jews than the total number of gentiles.
(Isaiah 13:12)

castcrowns

....Which were the result of the Holocaust, yes? am I understanding correctly?
I'm not sure if Hitler's Holocaust is specified in scripture.
Isaiah 66:8 was fulfilled on May 14, 1948...three years after the defeat of Hitler.

Scripture doesn't always give the whole story, but it gives us what we need to know to recognize that God keeps His Word.

Point in case: When Jesus told the disciples that Herod's Temple would be destroyed and not one stone would be left on top of another.
He didn't say who would destroy it or how it would be destroyed.
But in 70 A.D., the Romans burned the temple. They were greedy for the gold that melted between the stones, so they pried them apart. After extracting the melted gold, they pushed the stones over the side of the Temple Mount.
Those stones are still there, untouched since then.

Back