The ground is solid but my knees are knocking

LisaJoe1986

I am trying to decide of keeping up with the daily news and reading all the threads regarding the signs of the times are benefiting me and consequently, others around me. I read them and get very heavy-hearted about what is coming on the Earth and it affects my overall countenance. I get sad and solemn and am tempted by the enemy to be afraid. It has been faith-building for me in the sense that I am remembering His promises and learning to take those fearful thoughts captive and remind myself that he has promised to never leave us or forsake us. My roots are growing deeper every day.

If others I love were paying attention, I could be the happy Jesus girl who shares my faith and tells them of His promises and how to make those their own. But I am needing to first be the one who relays the information of impending problems to them to make them known. Here in lies the problem; No one is paying attention, so when I try to show them the news, I just look like a doom and gloomer. I don't want my family to be ignorant of what is going on, but I think that is what they prefer. The standard response I get it, "There's nothing I can do about it." I want my family to know, so they can pray for God to strengthen them and help them have deeper faith and a courageous spirit to share the Gospel.

So here I am arriving at a crossroad. Do I continue to watch and keep my mouth shut about the news or participate in the ignorance is bliss crowd and just know I am safe in Christ. Could any of you who participate in the RF forums help me to understand what it is that you do with all this information that is helping others? I really don't find that anyone wants to hear that these things fulfill the prophecies of His soon return. I don't want to be delusional and slip back into a rose-colored world, but I also would like to not always seem pessimistic about life here on earth. Balance has always been a difficult thing for me. I am an all or nothing girl. I have gotten great encouragement from all of you and for that, I am thankful.

GoldenEagle

I get what you’re saying about struggling to balance things because I do. But I think this is a key.

I don’t feel the need to watch the news every single day or read every signs of the times thread. Sometimes I need a complete break from the news for my own sanity.
I’m aware of the big picture - I personally don’t have the brain capacity to take too much information in. I just plod along at what looks like a snails pace compared to others...but I’m learning, growing and have an active prayer life. I believe I am in the will of God and fruitful...occupying till He comes.

I also have other things in life I enjoy - 3 dogs, reading novels, exercise - they give me a mental and emotional break from the ‘heavy’ stuff - though God often meets with me in those times and refreshes me when I’m not even looking for Him.

We can’t be on high alert and in top gear ALL of the time. It’s not healthy and I don’t believe that’s how God wants us to live...even in the days we are in.

These are just my thoughts...I don’t know if any of this helps?

GoldenEagle

I am trying to decide of keeping up with the daily news and reading all the threads regarding the signs of the times are benefiting me and consequently, others around me. I read them and get very heavy-hearted about what is coming on the Earth and it affects my overall countenance. I get sad and solemn and am tempted by the enemy to be afraid. It has been faith-building for me in the sense that I am remembering His promises and learning to take those fearful thoughts captive and remind myself that he has promised to never leave us or forsake us. My roots are growing deeper every day.

If others I love were paying attention, I could be the happy Jesus girl who shares my faith and tells them of His promises and how to make those their own. But I am needing to first be the one who relays the information of impending problems to them to make them known. Here in lies the problem; No one is paying attention, so when I try to show them the news, I just look like a doom and gloomer. I don't want my family to be ignorant of what is going on, but I think that is what they prefer. The standard response I get it, "There's nothing I can do about it." I want my family to know, so they can pray for God to strengthen them and help them have deeper faith and a courageous spirit to share the Gospel.

So here I am arriving at a crossroad. Do I continue to watch and keep my mouth shut about the news or participate in the ignorance is bliss crowd and just know I am safe in Christ. Could any of you who participate in the RR forums help me to understand what it is that you do with all this information that is helping others? I really don't find that anyone wants to hear that these things fulfill the prophecies of His soon return. I don't want to be delusional and slip back into a rose-colored world, but I also would like to not always seem pessimistic about life here on earth. Balance has always been a difficult thing for me. I am an all or nothing girl. I have gotten great encouragement from all of you and for that, I am thankful.
How are you getting on with these issues?

Work4Peanuts

So here I am arriving at a crossroad. Do I continue to watch and keep my mouth shut about the news or participate in the ignorance is bliss crowd and just know I am safe in Christ. Could any of you who participate in the RR forums help me to understand what it is that you do with all this information that is helping others? I really don't find that anyone wants to hear that these things fulfill the prophecies of His soon return. I don't want to be delusional and slip back into a rose-colored world, but I also would like to not always seem pessimistic about life here on earth. Balance has always been a difficult thing for me. I am an all or nothing girl. I have gotten great encouragement from all of you and for that, I am thankful.
I've taken it so that when I learn of the bad news of what exactly is going on in the world, that I should pray for it. Turn it over to God, and it won't be your burden to carry (besides, He can and will handle everything that we bring to Him.) Then you can still be that happy Jesus loving gal.

Recently, I see all the evil that was already there being reported and I see that as an answer to prayer. Several years ago, I prayed that the evil would be exposed and lanced like the foul boil on society that it is.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Jan Markell often says: "Things aren't falling apart, they're falling in to place!" As things do become ever more evil around us, we can draw comfort from knowing that God is in control. Additionally, armed with our knowledge of end times events that we've gotten from God's Word, we can understand the context in which all of this horrible stuff is happening. Our Father loves us and wouldn't have us worry. When what you see happening gets you down, remember to praise Him for all things, and remember that He's in control and will soon be coming for His bride.

ByGod'sGrace

Sis, I totally understand you in this, and feel exactly the same way!! I will really look forward to reading replies to this thread. Everytime I read the news or read raptureready, I get so weary and sick in my spirit. I am an all or nothing girl, too, so finding balance is very difficult. Everytime I get overwhelmed, I just pray "Take this, Jesus" and imagine myself handing Him my weary soul and heavy spirit and troubled mind. It feels like a thousand, heartbroken prayers I've said in three words.

ItIsFinished!

Jan Markell often says: "Things aren't falling apart, they're falling in to place!" As things do become ever more evil around us, we can draw comfort from knowing that God is in control. Additionally, armed with our knowledge of end times events that we've gotten from God's Word, we can understand the context in which all of this horrible stuff is happening. Our Father loves us and wouldn't have us worry. When what you see happening gets you down, remember to praise Him for all things, and remember that He's in control and will soon be coming for His bride.
Bingo!
This is what I tell people in regards to all the wickedness that is unfolding before our very eyes.
This is prophecy unfolding before our eyes and being fulfilled as ALL prophecy WILL.
It is all falling into place.
For me it is kind of like a roller coaster witnessing the wickedness but also realizing the truths of God's Word being revealed and the stage being set for Jesus Christ to remove His Bride (Church) to be with Him forever. It is somewhat of an emotional roller coaster ride of several mixed emotions , but ultimately joyous knowing we will be with Him soon.

We serve a omnipotent, sovereign, holy God.
He has ALL this under complete control.
What grieves my spirit are those who have not yet accepted Jesus Christ and will be left behind to endure the Tribulation.

All that said we cannot let the wicked affairs of this temporary world take our eyes off and distract us from what we are called to do.
We need to be about our Fathers business.
We need to continue to carry out The Great Commission for the souls of humanity and the advancement of The Kingdom of God.
In these perlious times we cannot become weak and faint (so to speak) , we are soldiers of The Cross and the cause of Christ.
That absolutely humbles me and strengthens me.
We serve an absolutely wonderful, amazing God.

Romans 35-39 (KJV)
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
Shall tribulation, or distress , or persecution, or famine , or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36) As it is written , For thy sake we are killed all day long ; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life , nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers , nor things present , nor things to come ,
39) Nor height , nor depth, nor any other creature , shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Amen!

Praise The Lamb of God.

GoldenEagle

Bingo!
This is what I tell people in regards to all the wickedness that is unfolding before our very eyes.
This is prophecy unfolding before our eyes and being fulfilled as ALL prophecy WILL.
It is all falling into place.
For me it is kind of like a roller coaster witnessing the wickedness but also realizing the truths of God's Word being revealed and the stage being set for Jesus Christ to remove His Bride (Church) to be with Him forever. It is somewhat of an emotional roller coaster ride of several mixed emotions , but ultimately joyous knowing we will be with Him soon.

We serve a omnipotent, sovereign, holy God.
He has ALL this under complete control.
What grieves my spirit are those who have not yet accepted Jesus Christ and will be left behind to endure the Tribulation.

All that said we cannot let the wicked affairs of this temporary world take our eyes off and distract us from what we are called to do.
We need to be about our Fathers business.
We need to continue to carry out The Great Commission for the souls of humanity and the advancement of The Kingdom of God.
In these perlious times we cannot become weak and faint (so to speak) , we are soldiers of The Cross and the cause of Christ.
That absolutely humbles me and strengthens me.
We serve an absolutely wonderful, amazing God.

Romans 35-39 (KJV)
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
Shall tribulation, or distress , or persecution, or famine , or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36) As it is written , For thy sake we are killed all day long ; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life , nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers , nor things present , nor things to come ,
39) Nor height , nor depth, nor any other creature , shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Amen!

Praise The Lamb of God.
Brilliant post! Thank you!
Edit to add - have copied and pasted this into my notes - this will help me keep focused when the going gets tough and I can’t see properly.

Last edited:

TeeTee

People need Jesus because of their sinful nature, redemption, forgiveness, need for repentence and a Sovereign Lord that provides so much and more. (I probably did not list everything). Whether dark times, peace times, happy times. It is the emptiness inside of us that only Jesus fills the void. The state of the times/world really does not matter. All need Jesus. The Holy Spirit convicts the heart of the sinner. Timing is also important. Continue tp pray for unsaved. I understand that the times we live there is an urgency to see everyone saved because times are near and we live in a fallen world. The hope of Glory. I know there are some scriptures to back this.

Goodie

If we don't do the praying ,fasting,and testifying, how will anyone notice we left. It's our turn now. This is our watch. It's our turn. Others before have sacrificed greatly. God tells us to look up . Redemption draws nigh. We need to bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord. We may get gloomy. We may be saddened by events but the world needs prayer. We just can't stop because it's a burden. We must encourage and support and give each other a boost. No faint of heart here on Rapture Ready. We have the answer that all those lost souls need . It's Jesus. If not us WHO.?

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Amen! Thank you, sir, for pointing this out. It's so important to remember this!

Yes, an excellent answer!

It has been faith-building for me in the sense that I am remembering His promises and learning to take those fearful thoughts captive and remind myself that he has promised to never leave us or forsake us. My roots are growing deeper every day.
This is good. Remember to be in His Word more than the news.....otherwise things can get unbalanced. For me the love of God is renewed in my heart the more I read His Word, I am comforted, refreshed and reminded, as others have said, that God is in control. Where our warnings may seem to cause a closing up it's our prayers for God's work that will open up. :) In addition, the things we do read about in the news is a great way to see what some of our prayer points could be on.

Also, pray for the Lord's strength, encouragement and stamina for you and others as these times get darker. He is faithful to provide His power and peace. Pray for God's lead in speaking....He'll prompt you at the right time and with the right words. And the most impactful thing you can do is pray for your family and friends to wake up.....as God wills and in His timing. Often He moves hearts where we can't. :)

That said, take breaks from the news, give yourself space, maybe just read the Christian chat section or other places that fill your soul with good things. Or limit how much your taking in at times. Your being aware of all that's going on, or not will not keep God from His good will. You can still pray for God's help and He'll put on your heart what to pray for. While we are watchers our main goal is the Great Comission not the great news digestion. :)

I've talked with my family about what's ahead too. There is that warning that has to happen. :sad But, I want to be careful to also include the Good part of the Good News. Not just what we are saved from. What are we saved to? Everlasting Life with Jesus Christ, forever!! Both are important. I have a mind lately to be sharing what is in heaven for us based on scripture as well as the hope we have in a future with Christ. That's really important in this day and age where so many are just feeling hopeless. I have been thinking about also talking about rewards in Heaven that God has as well.

TeeTee

Yes, an excellent answer!

This is good. Remember to be in His Word more than the news.....otherwise things can get unbalanced. For me the love of God is renewed in my heart the more I read His Word, I am comforted, refreshed and reminded, as others have said, that God is in control. Where our warnings may seem to cause a closing up it's our prayers for God's work that will open up. In addition, the things we do read about in the news is a great way to see what some of our prayer points could be on.

Also, pray for the Lord's strength, encouragement and stamina for you and others as these times get darker. He is faithful to provide His power and peace. Pray for God's lead in speaking....He'll prompt you at the right time and with the right words. And the most impactful thing you can do is pray for your family and friends to wake up.....as God wills and in His timing. Often He moves hearts where we can't.

That said, take breaks from the news, give yourself space, maybe just read the Christian chat section or other places that fill your soul with good things. Or limit how much your taking in at times. Your being aware of all that's going on, or not will not keep God from His good will. You can still pray for God's help and He'll put on your heart what to pray for. While we are watchers our main goal is the Great Comission not the great news digestion.

I've talked with my family about what's ahead too. There is that warning that has to happen. But, I want to be careful to also include the Good part of the Good News. Not just what we are saved from. What are we saved to? Everlasting Life with Jesus Christ, forever!! Both are important. I have a mind lately to be sharing what is in heaven for us based on scripture as well as the hope we have in a future with Christ. That's really important in this day and age where so many are just feeling hopeless. I have been thinking about also talking about rewards in Heaven that God has as well.
Excellent! A Godly balence in our walk and life. Love the sinner in Christ, but hate the sin.

Lynn

We may be saddened by events, but the world needs prayer. We just can't stop because it's a burden. We must encourage and support and give each other a boost. No faint of heart here on Rapture Ready(Forums) We have the answer that all those lost souls need . It's Jesus. If not us WHO.?
Excellent! I love this exhortation to pray! Thank you for this 'spot on' post!

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Love this! Actually, EL, your entire post is outstanding! You have a very good way of saying what needs to be said, but in a sweet, loving way.
I kind of cracked myself up with the last part of that sentence. :lol

So glad that a loving way is felt in my posts. I feel that in other's posts as well and see the Spirit of God at work. :) God's reflection shines through so many here.

antitox

Everything is going EXACTLY as planned. This God cannot make a mistake. He's working through each and every day discerning , making judgments, and executing the counsel of His will. There's one thing you can be sure of and that is that it will continue just the way He has ordained it to follow. The more I read my bible, the more apparent this is to me.