The Great Reset

Jonathan

I am sure most of you have heard of "The Great Reset." This term/concept can mean a number of different things. I have a different take and would be interested in your thoughts:

I'm probably way off here, but whenever I hear "The Great Reset," I can't help but think that it is a clever way to scrub insurmountable debts (My country, USA, in particular) from the books, rather than have to actually pay it down, which is impossible at this point.

Mr.Hall93

My bet is that it will be used mainly as a means of dethroning the dollar from reserve currency status for the world, which will change the way authority works on the geopolitical stage. It's the only thing I've seen them put forth since the beginning of covid, and I bet it's why the response has been the same for all countries globally. Just my thoughts and observations on the matter, but I think it's going to be the main tool to shape politics and rewrite policy on a scale that would make Nimrod weep with envy. I hope to be wrong.

NewWine2020

My bet is that it will be used mainly as a means of dethroning the dollar from reserve currency status for the world, which will change the way authority works on the geopolitical stage. It's the only thing I've seen them put forth since the beginning of covid, and I bet it's why the response has been the same for all countries globally. Just my thoughts and observations on the matter, but I think it's going to be the main tool to shape politics and rewrite policy on a scale that would make Nimrod weep with envy. I hope to be wrong.

It sounds very ominous. Google “You will own nothing and you will be happy.”

Notice how it says “you will...”

NOT

”WE. Will own nothing and be happy.”

In my opinion it’s just a way for the elite, already wealthy to become more, elite, more wealthy and have a greater degree of actual control over people by making them dependent upon UBI (universal Basic Income) which is just a fancy way of saying they want everyone to become the equivilent of 3rd generation welfare junkies. If I were not Christian and lacking an understanding of the TRUE nature of the human heart I would totally think this actually sounds lIke “the best thing ever!” My wife and I are never going to be wealthy or likely even be able to afford a home of our own.

As the years go by, soooo many people are going to be out of work due to the increasing mechanization/automation of both simple and complex jobs that used to need a person to do them. People from backgrounds as diverse as fast food workers, cashiers in any industry, Uber drivers, long haul truckers and financial services portfolio planners will not be needed. Machines will do it all faster and more efficiently for less money While never needing to call out sick or demanding benefits. The wealthy would love this.

I see this as an attempt to forestall massive civil unrest that will come about from the above by giving people a handout while simulatanosuly making them dependent upon big government. A big govt that, in the event you displease them, can turn off the money/credit spigot/evict you from your govt issued apartment, condo or home (since private property, for the little people anyway, will be abolished if these nut jobs get their wish).

It’s evil disguised as benevolence and from what I’ve seen in comments on YouTube, many, many people see thru the lie.

It’s just communism folks. Where some are far more equal than others.

Last edited:

alisani

Fundamentally, it's about control and power and a group of people lusting after it because satan has control and power over them. I love words and get caught up in them and ideas at times. But sometimes it's best to just reduce something to its essence. This kind of thing reaches well beyond words like communism and greed. What we are seeing is simply unadulterated evil. We are used to evil hiding behind something. Now, at this late hour, evil has no need to hide.

BUT. While it may no longer need to hide, we have no need to fear. When I see the evil, I find great comfort in just reminding myself of the many names of God. His Word will destroy all the evil we see that now threatens us.

Chet K

I can't help but wonder what does "the great reset" mean for private consumer debts, will the people "benefit" from the reset or just the govts of the countries? I can only dream of not having that load to bare anymore. This of course is assuming we will be here to see it take place

JSTyler

I can't help but wonder what does "the great reset" mean for private consumer debts, will the people "benefit" from the reset or just the govts of the countries? I can only dream of not having that load to bare anymore. This of course is assuming we will be here to see it take place
The closest analogue I can think of is folks that "need" to be put into a long-term care home, or pick your favorite euphemism for the storage facilities we relegate folks to these days. They can't pay their bills, their debt can be an impossible mountain to climb, they can't take care of themselves and what they have, so they or their families have no "choices" left in life but to be remanded to the custody of others.

In essence they own nothing and never will again. They have no true freedoms and very few if any actual rights. They become helpless wards of the "caregivers" and are perpetually at the mercy of every whim that passes through the minds of said caregivers. How'd that work out for the elderly, mentally ill and infirm when covid hit?

It would be foolish to believe or hope that a great reset would result in anything better than what the monsters like Cuomo (NY) and Wolf (PA) did. They with will, forethought and horrific intent (in my opinion and the opinion of millions of others) thinned the costly population of non-contributors, removing the "burden" from the state.

A great reset? Nope! It will be more like a return to the "good old days" when slaves knew their place and served their purpose or were eliminated.

To the ruling elites, we are resources and nothing more. Any great reset will equate to heartless, inhumane resource management. See any tyranny or dictatorship from past history for reference.

Debt is a signpost on the road of freedom. It can be overwhelming but is signifies freedom. And being hard here, most debts are self assumed and should be viewed in that light. Don't assume it if you can't clearly see the path to resolving it.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Debt is a signpost on the road of freedom. It can be overwhelming but is signifies freedom. And being hard here, most debts are self assumed and should be viewed in that light. Don't assume it if you can't clearly see the path to resolving it.

Well said. I've managed to live debt free. Why? The Bible tells me that debt isn't good, so I avoided it in almost every case throughout my life. I managed, and actually did quite well, because debt tends to impoverish, enslave, limit.

It will be easier for those who have on their own accumulated much debt to surrender to the global masters that demand it as they are already accustomed to belonging to others.

NewWine2020

Not sure about consumer debt on things like credit cards and auto loans but the bits I’ve heard, it seems like there is a strong push to absolve all student loan debt. It makes sense; this is a major reason that young folks are not able to get ahead in life and contributes to their inability to afford a home.

It would make a lot of young people very thankful and consequently would make them staunch supporters of those leaders that implanted it but the implication is you have to essentially become cattle and switch over to the new syStem which eventually would replace our currently monetary system with something else, something totally electronic like bitcoin.

So, if you tick off the govt they can just delete your credits.

It would make me furious because , among other things, I obtained my B.A. degree over a seven year (yes, SEVEN YEARS) period while working full time with assistance from my employer. I did this so I would not have to take out student loans.

I am currently in a medical trade school and paying for it with money from my savings and money I am taking out of my 401k. So, if these people get their college debt wiped I want MY refund back for doing the right thing and paying for my schooling without taking out student loans.

My wife and I follow Dave Ramsey’s money management philosophy and over the last several years have paid off many, many thousands in credit card debt accrued over a decade of spending So that we can finally live debt free. I woudl also be pretty upset about having done the right thing and then just see all the irresponsible people rewarded for not doing so.

So, even if I was a secular person and thought he “New world Order” sounded mostly cool, I would still have a huge bone to pick with this “fix.”

NewWine2020

Well said. I've managed to live debt free. Why? The Bible tells me that debt isn't good, so I avoided it in almost every case throughout my life. I managed, and actually did quite well, because debt tends to impoverish, enslave, limit.

It will be easier for those who have on their own accumulated much debt to surrender to the global masters that demand it as they are already accustomed to belonging to others.

This has been my experience as well TT. I have mostly lived responsibly but during one very dark period of years in life I ended up making very irresponsible credit decisions and ultimately ended up with more in credit card debt than my entire yearly salary was (and I was making plenty at the time working in financial services).

My personal experience of debt is literally lIke having a chain necklace of cannon balls draped across your neck for the duration; when you can barely make the interest payments and you see the principal balance stay the same ..not going down for six months....when you see the hundreds of dollars that you would not have even had to pay in interest if you had paid off the card...when you have to limit what you do in life and watch every nickel...it is truly a nightmare that sucks all the joy and positivity from life. I would have nightmares about being in deb tot my final breath.

Debt can be a tool (usually for those who are already ridiculously wealthy, they don’t experience it the way common peopel do) but it is a brutal and pitiless master.

I wold literally starve to death before I go back into that kind of debt willingly.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I wold literally starve to death before I go back into that kind of debt willingly.

Unfortunately, we're taught that living in debt is normal and inevitable. When I attended a parent meeting for new students at the local University when my oldest child was enrolling in that school, one of the topics was student loans. When the speaker opened up the floor for questions, I asked: In lieu of starting life in debt, wouldn't it be advisable if young people who wanted to attend college waited a year or two, worked a couple of full time jobs while living with parents (if possible), and then pay their way instead of taking out loans? After my question, there was quiet for about 2 seconds, then the speaker moved on as if I'd never posed the question. I worked full time while attending college. I survived, got good grades, and finished without ever even considering taking on a loan.

Most people, when purchasing a new vehicle, think in terms of what their monthly payment will be. They never consider the possibility of saving up the money first, then purchasing a vehicle with cash. I reckon if it was good enough for their parents, it's good enough for them.

I'm eternally thankful that I had a financially savvy mom. I was her willing student and learned much from her.

alisani

Unfortunately, we're taught that living in debt is normal and inevitable. When I attended a parent meeting for new students at the local University when my oldest child was enrolling in that school, one of the topics was student loans. When the speaker opened up the floor for questions, I asked: In lieu of starting life in debt, wouldn't it be advisable if young people who wanted to attend college waited a year or two, worked a couple of full time jobs while living with parents (if possible), and then pay their way instead of taking out loans? After my question, there was quiet for about 2 seconds, then the speaker moved on as if I'd never posed the question. I worked full time while attending college. I survived, got good grades, and finished without ever even considering taking on a loan.

Most people, when purchasing a new vehicle, think in terms of what their monthly payment will be. They never consider the possibility of saving up the money first, then purchasing a vehicle with cash. I reckon if it was good enough for their parents, it's good enough for them.

I'm eternally thankful that I had a financially savvy mom. I was her willing student and learned much from her.
Agree. Many parents are pushing their kids into college right out of high school and many of those kids have no clue what they want to do in life. There needs to be greater availability of vocational and trade programs too.

alisani

The vocational and trade programs that are out there are invisible to much of the population. That's unfortunate. I think those schools would be the best option for a great many. So many graduate from Universities with liberal arts degrees that prepare them for nothing.
Yes. Kids are still going out for degrees that will net them no jobs, just debt. Where is the counsel for these kids? I know I sound old, but back in my day, you worked your way through school with jobs and scholarships. Loans were unheard of. These days, college is like any other big business. Just out to make a buck and fleecing these kids with unnecessarily inflated tuition costs, all the while knowing the lack of value in their eventual diplomas.

NewWine2020

Yes. Kids are still going out for degrees that will net them no jobs, just debt. Where is the counsel for these kids? I know I sound old, but back in my day, you worked your way through school with jobs and scholarships. Loans were unheard of. These days, college is like any other big business. Just out to make a buck and fleecing these kids with unnecessarily inflated tuition costs, all the while knowing the lack of value in their eventual diplomas.

Agree 100%.

Ironically, the ready availability of student loans is probably the single largest driver of exactly WHY a four year uni education is out of the reach of children from families of regular means.

I literally paid cash as I went for my 2 year associates degree (from a community college) in the early 1990’s while working as a bakery clerk in a grocery store full time at night and weekends.

I then put off completing the two years to go for my B.A. because it was out of reach $$$ wise while I worked full time for over 10 years. I finally completed my B.A in 2014 (in my 40’s) with employee assistance from my job, and that’s why it literally took me 7 years to Finnish a two year degree; there was a cap placed on the amount of classes you were allowed to be reimbursed for.

I think the people encouraging these kids to go deep in debt that takes years to pay off to get a degree JUST for the sake of having one should be sued.

Back in the 1980’s when I was in school the “poor kids” used to go to trade school after graduation.

Now I would say it’s the SMART kids who go to trade school after graduation.

alisani

Agree 100%.

Ironically, the ready availability of student loans is probably the single largest driver of exactly WHY a four year uni education is out of the reach of children from families of regular means.

I literally paid cash as I went for my 2 year associates degree (from a community college) in the early 1990’s while working as a bakery clerk in a grocery store full time at night and weekends.

I then put off completing the two years to go for my B.A. because it was out of reach $$$ wise while I worked full time for over 10 years. I finally completed my B.A in 2014 (in my 40’s) with employee assistance from my job, and that’s why it literally took me 7 years to Finnish a two year degree; there was a cap placed on the amount of classes you were allowed to be reimbursed for.

I think the people encouraging these kids to go deep in debt that takes years to pay off to get a degree JUST for the sake of having one should be sued.

Back in the 1980’s when I was in school the “poor kids” used to go to trade school after graduation.

Now I would say it’s the SMART kids who go to trade school after graduation.
Most degrees could be completed in two years anyway. They just pad them up to four with all the unnecessary general education requirements. Those are supposedly there to round out the student's "knowledge of themselves and the world". But anyone with a lick of sense can see that the true objective of such requirements comes down to money and indoctrination.

Lynn

Longing for Home

Now I would say it’s the SMART kids who go to trade school after graduation
Yes, I agree! I have a background in junior college teaching and I have encouraged our grandchildren to go the two-year route where you start taking classes to prepare for a certificate or license from the second semester. Our granddaughter is taking courses to prepare her for licensure as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. She's loving her classes! She's had a few general ed classes, but in a two-year program, there isn't much time to take much outside your chosen field. I like that! She will graduate 18 months from now & be ready for employment. A lot of health related jobs require a couple of years, plus time as intern, such as x-ray tech, CT tech, etc. If I were young and choosing a career path, I'd go one of these directions for sure.

alisani

Yes, I agree! I have a background in junior college teaching and I have encouraged our grandchildren to go the two-year route where you start taking classes to prepare for a certificate or license from the second semester. Our granddaughter is taking courses to prepare her for licensure as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. She's loving her classes! She's had a few general ed classes, but in a two-year program, there isn't much time to take much outside your chosen field. I like that! She will graduate 18 months from now & be ready for employment. A lot of health related jobs require a couple of years, plus time as intern, such as x-ray tech, CT tech, etc. If I were young and choosing a career path, I'd go one of these directions for sure.
Same to be honest. Most of those jobs have good salary and benefits, opportunities to move up if desired and greater job security.