The Gog-Magog and Armageddon Wars – Part 1

athenasius

Who is God talking to? If the Holy Spirit is back to a one person in dwelling as in the OT. Thank you for your wonderful answer
God is speaking thru Ezekiel to Gog. Most of chapter 38 and the first part of 39 are directed to Gog to let him know what's going to happen.

The other parts of the 2 chapters are God informing the prophet Ezekiel about His intent with all this--to glorify His name and make it known among the Gentiles but more importantly to turn the hearts of the Jews back to Him. God is declaring it to all.

Gog is an interesting character because he shows up again at the end of the Millennial Reign of Christ in Rev 20

Revelation 20: 7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Yet Ezekiel 39:4, 5 & 11 all refer to Gog as dying in the open field and being buried like a human.

So for both to be true it may be that God is speaking directly to one of the angelic princes (a fallen one this time) whose name is Gog and is over a geographic area much like the angel speaking to Daniel speaks of Michael the chief prince and servant of God who battles for the Jewish people and the same angel speaks of the fallen angelic Princes of Persia and of Greece.

The idea being that perhaps this fallen angelic prince who is over the geographic area of Magog, uses or influences the leaders of Magog in particular the chief leader of that area. It isn't necessarily possession, but a mutual agreement or a cooperation. The human does what he is told and is given "help" to achieve power. Both the human (who can die physically) and the angelic prince (who doesn't die like humans) are being spoken to by God in Ezek 38 & 39

For background reference:

Hitler in the past was thought to have had such a pact.

Satan offered Jesus just such a bargain when he tempted Christ.

It's my opinion that Gog (the human side of the bargain with the fallen angel) dies on the fields in Israel and is buried while Gog (the fallen angelic prince) is let out again with Satan --at the end of the millennium and tempts the nations gathering them as Gog gathered Magog 1000 years earlier in the Gog Magog war.

And if that isn't confusing enough there is an intriguing verse in Amos 7:1 which reads COMPLETELY differently in the Septuagint which is a Greek translation of the Old Testament done BEFORE JESUS WAS BORN. It talks of Gog as the King of the Locusts. (you won't find it in any other translation or version)

But as Proverbs 30:27 says the locusts have no king. Revelation 9: 1-11 lets us see more about these locusts that have a king, and come up from the Abyss.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/king-of-the-locusts/ Jack Kelley dives into it here and pulls in Joel 1&2 for more evidence.

For all these reasons I think that God is speaking thru Ezekiel directly to the fallen prince over the area of Magog called Gog and that somehow the human he is linked with during the Gog Magog war dies by God's hand during that war and is buried in the Valley of Hamon Gog as Ezek 39 says.

for reference here is bible hub with the Septuagint version of Amos 7:1 and remember the commas are inserted in modern times, the original doesn't have the commas seen here.

https://biblehub.com/sep/amos/7.htm

1Thus has the Lord God shewed me; and, behold, a swarm of locusts coming from the east; and, behold, one caterpillar, king Gog.

2And it came to pass when he had finished devouring the grass of the land, that I said, Lord God, be merciful; who shall raise up Jacob? for he is small in number.

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I say again, I believe Ezk.38-39 will happen in a 24 hour period or less. Super swift judgment.
Talking about an army (collectively) being consumed.

The build up prior to the invasion is something that will likely take a little time. Once the actual invasion commences, given the size of Israel, I imagine the whole thing will be over in hours. I imagine God will give the enemy ground forces time to flow into Israel, then God's counterattack will likely be swift.

sherryh

God is speaking thru Ezekiel to Gog. Most of chapter 38 and the first part of 39 are directed to Gog to let him know what's going to happen.

The other parts of the 2 chapters are God informing the prophet Ezekiel about His intent with all this--to glorify His name and make it known among the Gentiles but more importantly to turn the hearts of the Jews back to Him. God is declaring it to all.

Gog is an interesting character because he shows up again at the end of the Millennial Reign of Christ in Rev 20

Revelation 20: 7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Yet Ezekiel 39:4, 5 & 11 all refer to Gog as dying in the open field and being buried like a human.

So for both to be true it may be that God is speaking directly to one of the angelic princes (a fallen one this time) whose name is Gog and is over a geographic area much like the angel speaking to Daniel speaks of Michael the chief prince and servant of God who battles for the Jewish people and the same angel speaks of the fallen angelic Princes of Persia and of Greece.

The idea being that perhaps this fallen angelic prince who is over the geographic area of Magog, uses or influences the leaders of Magog in particular the chief leader of that area. It isn't necessarily possession, but a mutual agreement or a cooperation. The human does what he is told and is given "help" to achieve power. Both the human (who can die physically) and the angelic prince (who doesn't die like humans) are being spoken to by God in Ezek 38 & 39

For background reference:

Hitler in the past was thought to have had such a pact.

Satan offered Jesus just such a bargain when he tempted Christ.

It's my opinion that Gog (the human side of the bargain with the fallen angel) dies on the fields in Israel and is buried while Gog (the fallen angelic prince) is let out again with Satan --at the end of the millennium and tempts the nations gathering them as Gog gathered Magog 1000 years earlier in the Gog Magog war.

And if that isn't confusing enough there is an intriguing verse in Amos 7:1 which reads COMPLETELY differently in the Septuagint which is a Greek translation of the Old Testament done BEFORE JESUS WAS BORN. It talks of Gog as the King of the Locusts. (you won't find it in any other translation or version)

But as Proverbs 30:27 says the locusts have no king. Revelation 9: 1-11 lets us see more about these locusts that have a king, and come up from the Abyss.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/king-of-the-locusts/ Jack Kelley dives into it here and pulls in Joel 1&2 for more evidence.

For all these reasons I think that God is speaking thru Ezekiel directly to the fallen prince over the area of Magog called Gog and that somehow the human he is linked with during the Gog Magog war dies by God's hand during that war and is buried in the Valley of Hamon Gog as Ezek 39 says.

for reference here is bible hub with the Septuagint version of Amos 7:1 and remember the commas are inserted in modern times, the original doesn't have the commas seen here.

https://biblehub.com/sep/amos/7.htm

1Thus has the Lord God shewed me; and, behold, a swarm of locusts coming from the east; and, behold, one caterpillar, king Gog.

2And it came to pass when he had finished devouring the grass of the land, that I said, Lord God, be merciful; who shall raise up Jacob? for he is small in number.

Wow this is really interesting, so will their be about 2 different men who will be body host for gog. One before trib and one after the millennium? Thank for the in-depth answers

athenasius

Wow this is really interesting, so will their be about 2 different men who will be body host for gog. One before trib and one after the millennium? Thank for the in-depth answers
I'm not sure if the Gog that shows up at the end of Christ's 1K year reign during the Millennium will have a human half or just be all fallen angel recently let out of the pit for one last attempt to rebel against God.

Another question in prov. says that locusts have no king. This is another hint that the end times locusts are supernatural beings.
Will people be able to see the spiritual realm?

Those end times locusts are weird for sure. They have a king (Abbadon in Hebrew or Appollyon in Greek) but they and their king are locked up in the bottomless pit right now. When the 5th Angel in heaven sounds the 5th Trumpet, they are let out. Revelation 9:1-11 says that instead of eating grass and trees and green things like normal locusts these ones torment people for 5 months with a sting in their tail. Their appearance is odd and completely unlike a real locust.

As for seeing the spiritual realm, I don't know that human perception changes, but I think with the removal of The Restrainer as we go up, that may mean that the enemy can manifest all sorts of things he can't now and likewise his fellow fallen angels.

Hallelujah

There is no "evening and morning" phrase in Ezekiel 38 or 39 so it might be a 24 hour period or it might also refer to a longer period of time that starts with the day that thoughts come into Gog's mind and he devises an evil scheme.

Not saying this applies directly to Ezekiel, but it seems Putin has devised an evil scheme already, with the pipeline. No way to know yet if it was him. But, I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe this is the scheme? Maybe he has more tricks up his sleeve? Maybe this is the beginning of the war? Thoughts?

athenasius

Not saying this applies directly to Ezekiel, but it seems Putin has devised an evil scheme already, with the pipeline. No way to know yet if it was him. But, I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe this is the scheme? Maybe he has more tricks up his sleeve? Maybe this is the beginning of the war? Thoughts?
The evil scheme that Ezekiel 38:10-12 speaks about consists of invasion and plunder of Israel.

10 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11 You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. 12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.

The pipeline explosions may set the stage for Ezek 38 in some way, but the final evil scheme is a thought that comes into the mind of Gog to go into Israel to plunder them and turn his hand against the people of Israel.

We won't know till it's underway-- and if I'm right we will be out of here before this takes place. But if we ARE here to see it, the way it happens is so fast Israel doesn't have time to respond which suggests a lightning quick pivot from wherever Gog is at, down into Israel with the allies mentioned in Ezekiel. So fast Israel has no warning about what's coming.

The Russian bear turns and charges with lightening speed. Those allies of Gog that are mentioned all hate Israel, but they also need to be ready to go when Gog decides to invade. It's interesting how Turkey (one of the 3 main allies along with Iran, Libya and the Sudan) has drifted closer and closer to Russia and has become much more adversarial to Israel than it used to be.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
The evil scheme that Ezekiel 38:10-12 speaks about consists of invasion and plunder of Israel.

10 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11 You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. 12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.

The pipeline explosions may set the stage for Ezek 38 in some way, but the final evil scheme is a thought that comes into the mind of Gog to go into Israel to plunder them and turn his hand against the people of Israel.

We won't know till it's underway-- and if I'm right we will be out of here before this takes place. But if we ARE here to see it, the way it happens is so fast Israel doesn't have time to respond which suggests a lightning quick pivot from wherever Gog is at, down into Israel with the allies mentioned in Ezekiel. So fast Israel has no warning about what's coming.

The Russian bear turns and charges with lightening speed. Those allies of Gog that are mentioned all hate Israel, but they also need to be ready to go when Gog decides to invade. It's interesting how Turkey (one of the 3 main allies along with Iran, Libya and the Sudan) has drifted closer and closer to Russia and has become much more adversarial to Israel than it used to be.
Yep and How Russia is now relying on Iran for Missiles since they've apparently wasted a lot of them in Ukraine, i read somewhere that the proviso for providing weapons to Russia was for Russian scientists to help them develop nuclear weapons

Back