The forums shows me as someone else?

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
For some reason, every so often, when I hit the forums tab, it looks as though I am signed in as"lightofmylife" The whole forum format also changes. It won't let me post as "lightofmylife" or sign in/out. I get an error message saying that there is a security issue and to press the back button and refresh the page. When I do that, I come back as Work4Peanuts, but it seems odd, and I thought you should know.

Milly_Light

For some reason, every so often, when I hit the forums tab, it looks as though I am signed in as"lightofmylife" The whole forum format also changes. It won't let me post as "lightofmylife" or sign in/out. I get an error message saying that there is a security issue and to press the back button and refresh the page. When I do that, I come back as Work4Peanuts, but it seems odd, and I thought you should know.
put the screenshot

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!
For some reason, every so often, when I hit the forums tab, it looks as though I am signed in as"lightofmylife"
seriously, that happened when I first signed on yesterday, at first I thought it was a message from lightofmylife with her avatar, I thought I was seeing things because then it was gone and my name/avatar were there like normal. how interesting,:noidea2

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have started a ticket with the software maker and will see what they say. It seems we may have had this problem once before so it maybe something is set differently on the new server. I'll see what they suggest when they respond. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

DanLMP

It is the middle ground between light and shadow -- between man's grasp and his reach; between science and superstition; between the pit of his fears and the sunlight of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area that might be called the Twilight Zone.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have received an answer from the forums software company as this appears to have started when Engintron NGINX was added a couple of days ago to help speed up the server. The forums software company has given me the answer to what needs to be done, so I am starting a ticket with the dedicated server host. They should have it fixed soon.

I'm sorry for the trouble. :eek