The False Christ of Roman Catholicism

Jaybird

You did a nice job with that explanation SkyRider. My Catholic friend and I were discussing the Eucharist celebration in the RCC and of course she explained to me that it was the actual body/blood of Christ. Of course I retorted back that this was meant to be figurative and in my Church we do this to remember what Jesus did for us, but as you might guess she didn't buy that explanation. I was a little unprepared for our discussion as I didn't think we would get on the topic of religion. I will likely see them again in the near future and will be better prepared next time. They are wonderful people and It just kills me that they believe in all of this malarkey along with most of my family.

paul289

What is your explanation for this verse in 1 Corinthians? Not trying to argue, I just want to understand.

11:27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 11:28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 11:29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.

Or this verse Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him” (John 6:53–56).

It’s also a known fact that because the early Christians celebrated the Eucharist they were accused of Cannibalism by Rome among other crimes and that is one of the reason early Christians were persecuted. https://imperiumromanum.pl/en/curiosities/romans-accused-christians-of-many-crimes/
That passage in 1 Corinthians says nothing about Jesus' flesh and blood being consumed. Only that if you, while still in unrepentant sin, eat and drink of the Lord's Supper, which is bread and wine symbolically pointing to Jesus' flesh and blood being killed and spilled, dishonor Jesus' sacrifice and are guilty of killing him.

That passage in John has to be taken in context with other scriptures. For instance, when Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman at the well, he said "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst", and afterwards told his disciples "I have food that you do not know about...My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work." John 4. Therefore, food and drink to Jesus ultimately mean something other than just that which we ingest to physically sustain our bodies.

SkyRider

It is interesting in Matthew 24, when Jesus is discussing the end of the age and the signs to look for when He is about to return, the number one sign He gave was:

“Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.”

How many false Christ’s has the papacy produced over the centuries in their invention of Transubstantiation? How many Catholics over the centuries have ingested these false Christs thinking they were physically saved?

Man, under the inspiration of Satan, has been deceived and continue to buy into the lie of worshipping a false Christ, at each and every Mass. Billions have bought into that satanic deception.

Seashell

That passage in 1 Corinthians says nothing about Jesus' flesh and blood being consumed. Only that if you, while still in unrepentant sin, eat and drink of the Lord's Supper, which is bread and wine symbolically pointing to Jesus' flesh and blood being killed and spilled, dishonor Jesus' sacrifice and are guilty of killing him.

That passage in John has to be taken in context with other scriptures. For instance, when Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman at the well, he said "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst", and afterwards told his disciples "I have food that you do not know about...My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work." John 4. Therefore, food and drink to Jesus ultimately mean something other than just that which we ingest to physically sustain our bodies.

Seashell

However, something special must happen to the bread and wine for it you are guilty if you take it while in unrepentant sin. It’s not just symbolic then, otherwise it wouldn’t matter.

paul289

Why must some conversion occur to the elements for that guilt to happen? Is not the inherent symbolism and understanding of such enough? To be unrepentant while knowingly accepting of the symbols of forgiveness is basically to spit in Jesus' face while demanding His righteousness. It's not unlike the symbolism of wearing a wedding ring. The ring isn't the marriage, it is a sign of the marriage. A woman who sleeps with another man while demanding fidelity from her husband by showing off her ring is a hypocrite. Being unrepentant and partaking of communion is the same way. It is a physical, bodily sign of acceptance of what Jesus did on the cross. By binding the elements themselves with special power, we cheapen the power of Jesus.

Back