The excavation of Sodom

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Well....to say 'became' does not say she literally was transformed into a pillar of salt. You are reading that into the text. Paul said he became all things to all men in order to win some. Did he literally become a gentile? No....its a descriptive term. Of course God could have transformed her on a molecular level into sodium chloride. I think it's more likely that she was consumed by the event and overtaken whereas lot and his family was delivered. If she is still there, I suspect her body is there, encapsulated in rock salt. In the end, it doesnt matter. God judged and destroyed sodom. Its historically proven the event happened.
The Bible is literally true, and it says became salt, so she became salt.

God said it, so it's true. To say otherwise is to call God a liar or to say the Scriptures are not inerrant.

The Forum Statement of Faith is that the Scriptures are inerrant:

Rapture Forum's Doctrinal Statement and Core Values (what we believe)

We hold to the pre-tribulation, pre-millennial dispensational system of theology and subscribe to a literal, historical, grammatical interpretation of scripture.

* Literal means we believe the bible is the inspired word of GOD to be taken at face value unless there is compelling reason to do otherwise (usually indicated in the context of the passage).

No allegorization of God's Word, please and thank you.

I have seen the pillar of salt that Lot's wife became. It's a real pillar of salt. Worn, but nonetheless, a pillar of salt partway up the slope of the hill leading away from Sodom and Gomorrah.

Lepter

The Bible is literally true, and it says became salt, so she became salt.

God said it, so it's true. To say otherwise is to call God a liar or to say the Scriptures are not inerrant.

The Forum Statement of Faith is that the Scriptures are inerrant:

Rapture Forum's Doctrinal Statement and Core Values (what we believe)

We hold to the pre-tribulation, pre-millennial dispensational system of theology and subscribe to a literal, historical, grammatical interpretation of scripture.

* Literal means we believe the bible is the inspired word of GOD to be taken at face value unless there is compelling reason to do otherwise (usually indicated in the context of the passage).

No allegorization of God's Word, please and thank you.

I have seen the pillar of salt that Lot's wife became. It's a real pillar of salt. Worn, but nonetheless, a pillar of salt partway up the slope of the hill leading away from Sodom and Gomorrah.

I suspect you have seen a salt deposit that you have been told was lots wife. As the Bedouin wasnt there to see her transformed, it's down to opinion and tradition.

But are you saying EVERYTHING in the bible is always literal unless you think otherwise?

Is this literal?
Job 38...
“What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?
20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!

22 “Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,
23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?
24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?

Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?
29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens
30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?
“Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their season
or lead out the Bear with its cubs?

Literal or allegory? The next chapter describes literal animals so the context says literal...but we know there is no womb for ice and Orion does not have a literal belt. God is more than capable of using literality or allegory as he sees fit. Look at the parables. Rich man and Lazarus. Literal or allegory?
If literal....heaven will be watching and listening to lost souls in torment? Wow.
God uses allegory to describe things....I mean is rev 13 literal?

I totally agree that the bible is the inerrant word of God and to have differing views in interpretation doesnt mean that I'm saying God is lying. There are many different schools of thought in doctrine.
But it's dangerous to pidgeon hole God in one style of speech. I mean are the 4 corners of the earth or 4 winds? Are there literal pillars of the earth? That's what flat earthers use to back up their views....but that's another subject.

GOD BLESS YA.... of course it could be literally lots wife. God is more than capable of doing the act. The event happened. That's all that matters.

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Woman rides the beast would be literal in at least one way if we have a woman President, as the Presidential limo is called "the beast."