The Eternal State: Reincarnation

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The Eternal State: Reincarnation
By Nathan Jones

Is there such a thing as Reincarnation?

(Note: This series of questions about Heaven and the Eternal State were sent in to Lamb & Lion Ministries and answered by Dr. David Reagan, Nathan Jones, and Tim Moore on our television program Christ in Prophecy.)

Dr. Reagan: Many people involved in the New Age Movement talk about this thing called Reincarnation.

Nathan Jones: Willie Nelson and others once sung a song called “They Highwayman” which provides a good example of Reincarnation:

“I fly a starship across the universe divide, and when I reach the other side, I’ll find a place to rest my spirit, if I can. Perhaps I may become a highwayman again, or I may simply be a single drop of rain, but I will remain, and I will be back again, and again, and again, and again…”

But, doesn’t Hebrews 9:27 teach that, “Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment”? To die once — that’s it! Reincarnation comes out of Eastern Mysticism. There is no truth to it. It is a false religion and false religious teaching. According to the Bible, people do not return again and again in new bodies in order to escape their bad karma.

Dr. Reagan: It is amazing how much Eastern Mysticism has invaded this country since the 1960s.

Tim Moore: It certainly has. Admittedly, even when Jesus said that we must be born again, that was a confusing concept for most. Nicodemus asked, “Well, how can that be? How can a man enter his mother’s womb and be born a second time?” Jesus went on to explain in the following portion of John 3 that this would be a spiritual rebirth, not a physical rebirth, and that is a very important distinction. God will redeem our souls and provide us with a glorified body at the resurrection of the saints. Our born-again nature is a spiritual rebirth that happens once we accept Him as our Savior, and not through an endless cycle of rebirths.

Dr. Reagan: I know from reading literature by people who believe in Reincarnation, supposed Christians even, they will always use that question by Nicodemus in their attempt to conclude that Reincarnation is taught in the Bible. Jesus in that passage explained that Reincarnation isn’t so by explaining the reality of one’s spiritual rebirth upon salvation.

Nathan Jones: Plus, if karma is meant to burn off bad energy, well, what bad energy are we talking about? Jesus Christ died for our sins, so our sins are forgiven. There’s no bad energy follow us. There’s no sin following us upon death.

Tim Moore: Yes, Reincarnation undermines the very promise of the cross of Christ.

Dr. Reagan: Reincarnation is simply a rejection of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice on the cross. No, I’m not going to be purified and become one with God through a constant process of rebirth and striving to become better and better and better, unless I do something bad, which in that case I come back as a rat or whatnot. The Bible doesn’t teach that!

Nathan Jones: And who would actually want to live trapped in the cycle of Reincarnation? Who would want the endless coming back again and again, and never breaking that wheel? Christianity breaks the false teaching of Reincarnation and provides those trapped under those teachings hope of a truly new life in Jesus Christ.

In the fourth part of this series answering questions about the Eternal State, we will take a look at the lies of Reincarnation and Universalism.

https://www.raptureforums.com/bible-study/the-eternal-state-reincarnation/

Endangered

A few years back I had a running debate with a Darwinista who claimed recognition only of things verified by science. We had a good debate for a few months and then the Darwinista said he believed in reincarnation. So here is a God denier who espouses only science who also believes he will be reincarnated after death.
Then he told me that a belief in reincarnation was common among Darwinistas.
No science what so ever to support reincarnation.
Anyone else see the problem with this belief system?

Last edited:

athenasius

I never thought I'd see it coming from "christians" in a church I attended, but I have! And I don't know why but I used that verse above, It is appointed for man to die ONCE and it was like I was singing a nursery rhyme-- not speaking the WORD OF GOD!

It didn't even faze her-- she just kept on spouting the nonsense. That was decades back and I remember the shock I felt, that even the BIBLE wasn't making a dent in her foggy thinking.

Now looking back I think she might not even have been saved. She and her husband were big into KENNETH HAGIN! and Word Faith heresy stuff.

But it's like a punch in the stomach when a "Christian" says it. Good for Nathan. Preach IT BROTHER!

And I have a friend, who is dead, was the daughter of a Baptist preacher, attended the Baptist church all her life, said she was a born again Christian who watched a medium on TV and thought that maybe God gave her that "gift". NOTHING I SAID MADE A DENT in this garbage.

Again, I wonder if she made it to heaven because I wonder if she was even saved.

There is such appalling ignorance, but in both these cases, they were willingly deceived. They wanted to believe the lies, so they did. When I challenged the lies, they went right back to them, completely ignoring the BIBLE that they said they believed.

And I suspect a lot more are like them. Sitting in the pews on Sunday, reading a horoscope on Monday, tuning into Oprah or whatever she spews on her channel, that guides the foolish into New Age religion and it's like the Bible said, The devil prowls like a lion seeking whom he may devour.

JamesSuth

And I have a friend, who is dead, was the daughter of a Baptist preacher, attended the Baptist church all her life, said she was a born again Christian who watched a medium on TV and thought that maybe God gave her that "gift". NOTHING I SAID MADE A DENT in this garbage.

Again, I wonder if she made it to heaven because I wonder if she was even saved.
I hope she did, but I wonder sometimes how many Christians really are saved. It is very strange when people agree with the essentials of the faith but are off the rails in many other ways. I think we are going to get a lot of surprises in eternity with who is there and not.

Anewcreationinjesus

The k word, as I call it, is everywhere and I HATE it because its yet another lie from the LIAR!!!

Even my kids have been known to use it and have tried to tell them its not true ....

It is appointed to man once to die and after that the judgement shows the lie of reincarnation for what it is ....

Have noticed all this stuff across social media and its all tied in with new age meditation, "kindness", "mindfulness for stress relief" ....and behind it all is that same LIE ..."evolving into godhood" ..... :snake :puke

Man would rather believe he is god rather than a sinner in need of a Saviour ...

DanLMP

Reincarnation! Holy smokes, why would I want to come back here!

When you don't like your picture of Heaven or if you have no supporting Spiritual Being (God) yet you instinctively know that their is a spiritual side to you and you are not just physical chemicals, reincarnation can be all you are left with.

But these people are left with the conundrum of explaining how a spiritual you got put into a physical you with only the laws of physics available, which don't provide a means of creating spiritual beings.

Endangered

A few years back I had a running debate with a Darwinista who claimed recognition only of things verified by science. He had a good debate for a few months and then the Darwinista said he believed in reincarnation. So here is a God denier who espouses only science who also believes he will be reincarnated after death.
Then he told me that a belief in reincarnation was common among Darwinistas.
No science what so ever to support reincarnation.
Anyone else see the problem with this belief system?

Kaatje

Listening for that trumpet sound
“Break it down Barney style”

This phrase is used when you are about to explain something to someone in very basic terms because anything too complex will confuse them, or already has confused them. Frequently used in the military.
"Alright, since my first explanation didn't seem to sink in for your morons, I'll break it down barney style for you."
Ahh, Barney as in Barney of the Flintstones?