The Earth is spinning faster: What does this mean and how does it impact life?

GHoe

The Earth recorded the shortest day ever in its life on 29 July when it completed a full spin in 1.59 milliseconds less than its standard 24-hour rotation.

According to a report by the Independent, it nearly broke the barrier again this month, with 26 July being 1.50 milliseconds shorter than 24 hours.

Why is the Earth spinning faster and what could it mean, let’s find out:

What is happening with Earth’s rotation?

It is elementary school knowledge that Earth takes exactly 24 hours to rotate on its axis, but something has changed since at least as early as 2020.

A report by the Independent said that the planet has been increasing its speed for some time now. In July 2020, Earth recorded its shortest month since the 1960s when 19 July was 1.47 milliseconds shorter than a typical 24-hour day.
-----
So on July 19th the Earth spun faster than anytime since 1960's, then on the 26th it went faster and yet on the 29th even faster.. interesting trend.

When I read about this it reminded me of Matthew 24:22 - “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened"...

While I think the verse is referring to a sooner return of Christ for the 2nd coming, it's interesting that days are being shortened and in what some perceive to possibly be end times.

https://www.firstpost.com/explainer...ean-and-how-does-it-impact-life-10993031.html

RobinB

I posted this on FB and one of my friends commented that this may have something to do with God saying if He didn't shorten the days, no one would survive (in the Trib, that is.)

GEOINTAnalyst

Earth’s fastening rotation could have major consequences on atomic clocks, which are used in GPS satellites. It won’t take into account the Earth’s changing rotation.
This means that GPS satellites—which already have to be corrected for the effect of Einstein's Theory of Relativity — will quickly become useless.
Apart from that, smartphones, computers, and other communications systems will render useless as they are synchronized with Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers.
Since the clock progresses from 23:59:59 to 23:59:60 before resetting to 00:00:00, a time jump like this could crash some time sensitive programs and corrupt data.