The Days of Reckoning

athenasius

Thanks for sharing and standing up for the faith. What an experience. I had always wondered why you chose Athanasius. I like him too! I will keep my eyes peeled for a copy. I have the Ante Nicene, Nicene, and Post-Nicene volumes, thirty-eight in total.

Is it this one? https://www.christianbook.com/ante-...-ebook/philip-schaff/9781610250290/pd/13749EB

Edit: search for this on Kindle Store:

The Complete Ante-Nicene & Nicene and Post-Nicene Church Fathers Collection: 3 Series, 37 Volumes, 65 Authors, 1,000 Books, 18,000 Chapters, 16 Million Words $2.99 on Kindle WOW

yes, it's that one that remains missing in the Kindle series.

Thanks Mike, I'm going SHOPPING! I'll have to check to see that it isn't just a huge block of text that doesn't have active links with a Table of Contents, chapters, books, authors and where in the set they belong. Amazon is known for doing that with old books, and it makes it tough to navigate.

For Jack Kelly fans, his book on kindle 7 things you have to know came out WITHOUT an active table of contents. I think it got added later, but I ended up doing a book mark work around except that gets in the way of bookmarking and highlighting the passages I particularly like or want to quickly refer to later.

It's been that kind of a wrestling match with Kindle and really old books. Really hard when you are trying to quickly read thru a section in search of a particular quote by a particular ECF.

It's certainly heartening to see the Ante Nicene books are up to 9 volumes on Kindle even if they are still missing vol 2 and I really want the ones with Athanasius in them again for old times sake.

Plus I wanted to shop for some new books anyway.

There are a few authors I like to read-- my "tinfoil hat" favourites that have some new ones out lately. I want to read them, see what's new floating thru reasonably dispensational but somewhat fringey areas. Always fun for thinking thru why I object to an argument that I think is too far out there, but also really good for spotting some good new observations and thoughts. These guys end up in my tinfoil hat grouping because of their habits of thinking outside the box, which can lead to the odd bizarre conclusion, which is why I don't mention them here or recommend them for general enjoyment but they are fun to read.

I spent last months fun money on Sephora makeup and skin care. This month I will do some serious damage with some books!

Stated in Revelation that during the Tribulation 1 angel will have a specific job to do , preach the Gospel, he will fly all over the earth, every nation and tongue, every person will hear the gospel preached, but most will not accept the message.
back on track with this thread (sorry about my thread jacking)

Bill you are right, and that angel happens in Rev 14:6 before the one who declares Babylon is fallen, and the third angel declaring what will happen to those who have taken or will take the mark. The 3 angels fly thru after the Seals and Trumpets which places them somewhere in the second half of the Tribulation.

They seem to be declaring, stating a legal case-- against the earth dwellers. Some people will hear with their hearts and some few will be saved as a result of the angel declaring the gospel

but it seems to me that these 3 angels are there to point out what is obvious to the entire Kingdom of Heaven and what the kingdom of Satan is busy denying.

To declare the TRUTH and shatter the lies that hold the people of the earth. They will hear and understand the truth whether they want to or not.

There is not a one that will stand before Christ and say they weren't told, warned, that they didn't realize, they didn't know.

The funny thing about liars is their ability to deceive themselves while they are busy deceiving others. They become immune to truth. They prefer a lie-- anything but the truth. They listen to the truth, they know it is the truth and decide against it. This is what the earth dwellers are doing all thru the Tribulation. Truth rolls off them like water off a duck's back.

They choose delusion.

As 2 Thess 2:7-12 says-- speaking of the Tribulation period
7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. 8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

Even when the angels fly thru the air most of the listeners will choose the lie rather than receive the love of the truth to be saved.

Lastcall

The people who see Revelation come to life also witness many extraordinary things. But they don't turn from their behaviour, they don't repent. They continue on in their murders, their thefts, their idolatry, their worship of the Beast. They are spiritually blind, and they are unprepared for Jesus' Second Coming.
We do know a countless number of those left behind will be saved during the tribulation. Some teachers have referred to this period as the greatest harvest ever for Him