The Day Your Doctor Won’t Treat You if You Aren’t the Right Kind of Patient

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
It’s closer than you might think.
By Robert Spencer

Could the day come when you are denied medical treatment because you’re white, male, or a member of some other group of “oppressors”? Of course it could, and it’s coming sooner than you might think. Even in solidly red Tennessee, where Donald Trump won 60% of the vote in 2020, a new report has revealed what the Tennessee Star on Friday called “the pervasive infiltration of woke diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) ideologies in Tennessee medical school curricula and programs.” Could this have an impact on the quality of your medical treatment? You bet your life — and you may end up having to do so.

The report comes from Do No Harm, an organization that is devoted to protecting “patients, physicians, and healthcare itself from the practice of medicine based on discriminatory, divisive ideologies.” Do No Harm states that “the same radical movement behind ‘Critical Race Theory’ in the classroom and ‘Defund the Police’ is coming after healthcare, but hardly anyone knows it.”

One of those who do is John Sailer, a fellow at the National Association of Scholars, who published a chilling article in The Tablet last Wednesday entitled “Welcome to America’s Racialized Medical Schools.” The subtitle was “Forget about the oath to do no harm, future doctors are being forced to swear allegiance to racial dogmas.” Sailer noted that “increasingly, medical schools and schools of public health are enthusiastically embracing the values of DEI and instituting far-reaching policies to demonstrate their commitments to the cause. To many in the universities and perhaps in the country at large, these values sound benign—merely an invitation to treat everyone fairly. In practice, however, DEI policies often promote a narrow set of ideological views that elevate race and gender to matters of supreme importance.” A key aspect of this initiative is “a research methodology called ‘public health critical race praxis’ (PHCRP)—designed, as the name suggests, to apply critical race theory to the field of public health.”

The practical upshot of this is that conventional triage, which in emergency rooms prioritizes treatment based on the seriousness of each patient’s condition, will go out the window. Instead, those who are considered part of “victim” groups will receive preferential treatment, while those who are part of what are designated as “oppressor” classes will go to the back of the line, if they get treated at all. This is already happening: Sailer pointed out that “during the height of the COVID pandemic, New York, Minnesota, and Utah issued guidance for allocating monoclonal antibodies that heavily prioritized racial and ethnic minorities.”

Dr. Jane Orient, executive director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), minced no words, declaring that these programs “should be called what they are: anti-white, anti-excellence, anti-science, and anti-Christian.” She added that they “sacrifice the needs of patients, even their lives, to a totalitarian political ideology.”

The prospects for reform, however, are bleak. Orient explained that these programs are “pervasive in organized medicine as well. The advocacy agenda of the American Medical Association (AMA) and others is completely ‘Woke’ and punishes dissent. The ultimate ‘equity’ is equal immiseration and death.”

The new emphasis on wokeness in medicine has such disquieting implications that even the uber-Leftist Washington Post has come out against it. Marilyn Singleton, a board-certified anesthesiologist and visiting fellow at Do No Harm, stated in the Post last Wednesday that “when I graduated with a medical degree in 1973, a Black woman in a class of mostly White men, there was a real sense that the days of obsessing over skin color and making race-based assumptions about our fellow human beings was finally fading — and, hopefully, soon gone for good.” But then came the Left’s present-day fixation on racial issues: “That racial obsession has come rushing back — in academia, politics, business and even in my beloved medical profession. But now it’s coming from the opposite direction. The malignant false assumption that Black people are inherently inferior intellectually has been traded in for the malignant false assumption that White people are inherently racist.” And therefore less deserving of medical treatment.

Sanity is not going to return anytime soon. The Star reports that “on February 16, Joe Biden issued an executive order that mandated all agencies of the executive branch to embrace the radical DEI agenda.” Expect more polarization, more victimhood hucksterism, and thus more resentment at what will be claimed to be the lingering effects of “systemic racism.” That will just start the cycle all over again. And once it has become taken for granted that the woke elite’s favored groups should get preferential treatment for medical care, how far away will the day be when you’re denied treatment because you’ve been designated a “MAGA Republican” or an “insurrectionist” over your opposition to the dominant Leftist ideology?

Eat right, exercise, get plenty of rest, and take care of yourself. As this continues, getting sick is going to be an increasingly risky proposition.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...t-you-if-you-arent-the-right-kind-of-patient/

Bethlehem57

By Robert Spencer

Could the day come when you are denied medical treatment because you’re white, male, or a member of some other group of “oppressors”? Of course it could, and it’s coming sooner than you might think. Even in solidly red Tennessee, where Donald Trump won 60% of the vote in 2020, a new report has revealed what the Tennessee Star on Friday called “the pervasive infiltration of woke diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) ideologies in Tennessee medical school curricula and programs.” Could this have an impact on the quality of your medical treatment? You bet your life — and you may end up having to do so.

The report comes from Do No Harm, an organization that is devoted to protecting “patients, physicians, and healthcare itself from the practice of medicine based on discriminatory, divisive ideologies.” Do No Harm states that “the same radical movement behind ‘Critical Race Theory’ in the classroom and ‘Defund the Police’ is coming after healthcare, but hardly anyone knows it.”

One of those who do is John Sailer, a fellow at the National Association of Scholars, who published a chilling article in The Tablet last Wednesday entitled “Welcome to America’s Racialized Medical Schools.” The subtitle was “Forget about the oath to do no harm, future doctors are being forced to swear allegiance to racial dogmas.” Sailer noted that “increasingly, medical schools and schools of public health are enthusiastically embracing the values of DEI and instituting far-reaching policies to demonstrate their commitments to the cause. To many in the universities and perhaps in the country at large, these values sound benign—merely an invitation to treat everyone fairly. In practice, however, DEI policies often promote a narrow set of ideological views that elevate race and gender to matters of supreme importance.” A key aspect of this initiative is “a research methodology called ‘public health critical race praxis’ (PHCRP)—designed, as the name suggests, to apply critical race theory to the field of public health.”

The practical upshot of this is that conventional triage, which in emergency rooms prioritizes treatment based on the seriousness of each patient’s condition, will go out the window. Instead, those who are considered part of “victim” groups will receive preferential treatment, while those who are part of what are designated as “oppressor” classes will go to the back of the line, if they get treated at all. This is already happening: Sailer pointed out that “during the height of the COVID pandemic, New York, Minnesota, and Utah issued guidance for allocating monoclonal antibodies that heavily prioritized racial and ethnic minorities.”

Dr. Jane Orient, executive director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), minced no words, declaring that these programs “should be called what they are: anti-white, anti-excellence, anti-science, and anti-Christian.” She added that they “sacrifice the needs of patients, even their lives, to a totalitarian political ideology.”

The prospects for reform, however, are bleak. Orient explained that these programs are “pervasive in organized medicine as well. The advocacy agenda of the American Medical Association (AMA) and others is completely ‘Woke’ and punishes dissent. The ultimate ‘equity’ is equal immiseration and death.”

The new emphasis on wokeness in medicine has such disquieting implications that even the uber-Leftist Washington Post has come out against it. Marilyn Singleton, a board-certified anesthesiologist and visiting fellow at Do No Harm, stated in the Post last Wednesday that “when I graduated with a medical degree in 1973, a Black woman in a class of mostly White men, there was a real sense that the days of obsessing over skin color and making race-based assumptions about our fellow human beings was finally fading — and, hopefully, soon gone for good.” But then came the Left’s present-day fixation on racial issues: “That racial obsession has come rushing back — in academia, politics, business and even in my beloved medical profession. But now it’s coming from the opposite direction. The malignant false assumption that Black people are inherently inferior intellectually has been traded in for the malignant false assumption that White people are inherently racist.” And therefore less deserving of medical treatment.

Sanity is not going to return anytime soon. The Star reports that “on February 16, Joe Biden issued an executive order that mandated all agencies of the executive branch to embrace the radical DEI agenda.” Expect more polarization, more victimhood hucksterism, and thus more resentment at what will be claimed to be the lingering effects of “systemic racism.” That will just start the cycle all over again. And once it has become taken for granted that the woke elite’s favored groups should get preferential treatment for medical care, how far away will the day be when you’re denied treatment because you’ve been designated a “MAGA Republican” or an “insurrectionist” over your opposition to the dominant Leftist ideology?

Eat right, exercise, get plenty of rest, and take care of yourself. As this continues, getting sick is going to be an increasingly risky proposition.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...t-you-if-you-arent-the-right-kind-of-patient/
The time for this will come. We won’t be here, but it will.

MyhopeisinHim

By Robert Spencer

Trying to live a healthy life through God's nutritious and delicious foods and His providential timing regarded my time on this earth. I trust Him regarding my passing no matter what man choses regarding my age or race and my care! The greatest day of my life will be my last day on this earth!!!! Into His everlasting arms I will be.

LookUp8815

I just posted in another thread here about hugging a little too hard and patting on the back a little too hard to show those I love/ appreciate just how much I do...
Our young daughter's doctor just retired last week... We just happened to have an appt. with her that day... I found out it was her last day... And I asked If I could give her a big hug... She said yes... and I hugged that woman's neck so hard ...
She was amazing with our daughter... I don't know how.. but she immediately had her calm and could talk about anything with her and keep her calm as she gave her a shot or medicine or whatever... There was never an issue and certainly never an issue with the -VID last few years. She never mentioned it and she never asked anything about it.
She kept the same prescription and same care throughout... even though our daughter has always had pretty severe upper respiratory infections.. since early, early childhood.
I truly believe she could have tried to hoodwink us or lead us down a path we certainly did not want... (if you get my drift here)... I am neither for or against... I have no idea on the whole matter.. But I certainly was not going to put my one and only ... my little daughter through any of that...
And this doctor never said a word... She just stayed consistent with everything...

I now have a terrible feeling about finding a new dr. for her... I fear so many doctors have been either bought and paid for... or are absolute liberals I would never trust with healthcare. Too many have been led astray on so many topics today... not just the -VID... but many, many other medical topics of today.

We have a ... I wouldn't say "friend"... but quasi-friend... she is a friend of a friend who has a daughter same age...
She is an ER doctor... and a screaming head liberal on everything... She terrifies me by how loud she is about everything in any setting...
She jumped down my throat about a year ago bc I laughed (kind of accidentally) when she, in a public setting, said out loud ... that anyone can change their sex at any time...

I am so afraid of doctors these days... I am only 45.. but very much remember the old days when the town doctor could be relied on for anything. Home calls, "pay me later" visits, 3 am phone calls... I am afraid those days are so long gone... When you knew no matter what.. your doctor was a good person... and had your best interest at heart.
Now my wife and I are in the search for a new one... And really all we can do is pray that God allows us to find one who can replace the previous and give us the confidence to know he/she will be good for our daughter...

Man... what insane times we live in!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
My Primary Care doc, who is truly excellent, is leaving the VA, so I need to find a new one. I'm going to ask her for a recommendation since she knows the other docs in the clinic and me, so she can tell me who would be the best fit.

Sadly all this rationing and other stuff has me seriously considering getting a medical marijuana card since I have multiple conditions the state allows it for, in case the VA stops providing the excellent care I'm currently getting for them. I'd rather have it and (hopefully) never use it, than need it and can't get one someday, due to rationing or changes in criteria that would eliminate me, say due to age or use of the VA. Already some state programs' eligibility exclude Veterans using the VA medical system :frown

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The VA turned down a request from my pain management doctor to give me a spinal cord stimulator. Until this they've never denied me treatment for something that would help me... hmmmm...

Now the doc is trying the medicare/tricare route. I've never used Medicare before. Wouldn't mind putting my premiums to work.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The VA turned down a request from my pain management doctor to give me a spinal cord stimulator. Until this they've never denied me treatment for something that would help me... hmmmm...

Now the doc is trying the medicare/tricare route. I've never used Medicare before. Wouldn't mind putting my premiums to work.

Appeal? Second opinion?

:pray :pray :amen :amen

LookUp8815

my wife has one of those spinal cord deals from a car wreck about 12 years ago... I hope you get it... she says it's a miracle for her... still uses those little pad things all time time... she says it helps with her migraines really well also... Hope you can get it.. .will prolly help in several ways

Bethlehem57

I understand what you are going through and all I will say is that whenever there is a Dem as President, Vets seem to always get the snorth end of the stick!

I have a neurostimulator and I pray that you are able to get this! My battery is running out on my neurostimulator and it has to be replaced. I’m feeling like you probably are now. I’d for how bad I hurt until now. This thing has been such a blessing! I suffer from degeneratIve disc disease in lower spine, fibromyalgia, I need a right knee replacement and of course arthritis. I was feeling so great that none of these things were affecting me as before.

The good thing to know is that they have made the battery rechargeable. It’s recharged on something like an iPhone charger like the ones that are flat and allow the phone to be laid on the charger. I had a strange picture in my mind when my doctor first told me this. After further explanation, it turned out okay….like maybe lay in bed on the charger until the battery is okay again. By the way, the battery goes on your hip.

Back