The Darkness Will Not Last

athenasius

I can understand, to a degree, why he must have felt so much anger and hatred at God to the point that he lied to himself to the point he may actually have believed God did not exist; to have his brilliant brain trapped in his decrepit, deformed and hindered body must have enraged him and deeply hurt his pride.

I have a good friend who idolizes the "brilliance" of Hawking and that other pillar of Atheism, Carl Sagan.

I'm quite content in my "unsophisticated" belief in a loving savior that loves each one of us more than we likely love ourselves.
In my opinion, Hawking led more people away from Christ than all the pagans and satanists combined. Why? Because he was so very “respected” as a “brilliant” mind. Yet the Word of God calls him a FOOL. I’m glad I didn’t attend any college / university, and was never exposed to such God-hating indoctrination:

"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," Hawking wrote in 2010.

In an interview published in May 2011 by The Guardian, Hawking compared the brain to a computer, noting it stops working once all the components fail. "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark," he said.

Because of his ALS, Hawking normally would have died decades ago, but inexplicably, he lived for several decades. And used all those tears to deny God and influence others to deny Him, leading them all to the Lake…
There is more to this story.

Stephen Hawking had a Christian wife Jane who ministered to him, kept him alive, gave him children and by all accounts prayed for him and witnessed to him and was constantly refused by Stephen.

She was a living acting witness of Christ's love. Even to a man who rejected Him continously. By God's grace and in answer to Jane's prayers-- there was a miracle going on. I've nursed ALS patients, they don't live long. He was the longest lived ever, and far outlived even the most optimistic prognosis for his disease. Maybe they've allowed a new variation of the disease with him as the first patient ever in that category, but when I last looked, he was unique. That was a miracle. I suspect Jane's prayers.

In 1990 he fell in love with Elaine Mason, one of his nurses, and moved out. He and Jane were divorced in 95. He married Elaine that year, and 2 years later Jane married a widower that she had become acquainted with. In 2006 he and Elaine divorced amid long standing concerns by his children and family that Elaine was abusive towards him. He became close to his kids and Jane again but as always refused Christ.

God's grace is truly amazing. In Eternity we will praise Him for his grace even to those who finished their lives rejecting Him. It is a tribute to His long suffering towards us. But as Peter points out, that comes to an end at some point. He died March 2018 and like Carl Sagan appears to have gone into eternity refusing God's offer of salvation.

Jane is 78 now--this article interviewed her 4 years ago in which she touches a little on her faith in God and Stephen's atheism that ironically had him completely dependant on her. As she puts it in the interview "Yet over the years a subtle irony became apparent – the atheist had become dependent upon the believer to create the stable environment in which his genius could blossom. "I felt I needed the rock of my faith to do what might be expected of me," says Jane. As the relationship continued and the challenges deepened, "I was very dependent on my faith to help me through".

As always the writer of the article places emphasis where she sees fit, not where Jane would put it, and this little bit is at the end but it sheds light on who Jane has always been-- cast into the shade by those in love with her husband's theories, tossed aside as a little christian housewife, not worthy of any notice.

Sadly even in Christian circles we don't see Jane when we talk about Stephen.

In eternity, her level of ministry and self sacrifice, in honour of Christ will remain while Stephen's memory crumbles to dust.

NewWine2020

Stephen Hawking had a Christian wife Jane who ministered to him, kept him alive, gave him children and by all accounts prayed for him and witnessed to him and was constantly refused by Stephen.

She was a living acting witness of Christ's love. Even to a man who rejected Him continously. By God's grace and in answer to Jane's prayers-- there was a miracle going on. I've nursed ALS patients, they don't live long. He was the longest lived ever, and far outlived even the most optimistic prognosis for his disease. Maybe they've allowed a new variation of the disease with him as the first patient ever in that category, but when I last looked, he was unique. That was a miracle. I suspect Jane's prayers.

In 1990 he fell in love with Elaine Mason, one of his nurses, and moved out. He and Jane were divorced in 95. He married Elaine that year, and 2 years later Jane married a widower that she had become acquainted with. In 2006 he and Elaine divorced amid long standing concerns by his children and family that Elaine was abusive towards him. He became close to his kids and Jane again but as always refused Christ.

God's grace is truly amazing. In Eternity we will praise Him for his grace even to those who finished their lives rejecting Him. It is a tribute to His long suffering towards us. But as Peter points out, that comes to an end at some point. He died March 2018 and like Carl Sagan appears to have gone into eternity refusing God's offer of salvation.

Jane is 78 now--this article interviewed her 4 years ago in which she touches a little on her faith in God and Stephen's atheism that ironically had him completely dependant on her. As she puts it in the interview "Yet over the years a subtle irony became apparent – the atheist had become dependent upon the believer to create the stable environment in which his genius could blossom. "I felt I needed the rock of my faith to do what might be expected of me," says Jane. As the relationship continued and the challenges deepened, "I was very dependent on my faith to help me through".

As always the writer of the article places emphasis where she sees fit, not where Jane would put it, and this little bit is at the end but it sheds light on who Jane has always been-- cast into the shade by those in love with her husband's theories, tossed aside as a little christian housewife, not worthy of any notice.

In eternity, her level of ministry and self sacrifice, in honour of Christ will remain while Stephen's memory crumbles to dust.

WOW, his first wife Jane was TRULY an example of a loving, Godly wife. Reading that, just really make me appreciate my OWN Godly, wife; we got baptized together before we got married (in early middle age).

That makes the choice Stephen made seem all the more tragic in a way.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)

Wow, that is amazing yet tragic. True, we never hear about Jane being a believer. I wonder if she was already a believer before she married him, or became one after? We are not to be yoked with unbelievers, but maybe she was saved afterward.

Len

and doesnt this just show the great grace and love of God, to care for one of His enemies through love or a christian spouse!!