The Darkness Will Not Last

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
By Hal Lindsey

Stephen Hawking was the most famous scientist of his generation. The author of A Brief History of Time died in 2018. Near the end of his life, he became something of a prophet of doom. In his last years, he pointed out several threats to human civilization and even to human existence. In 2014, he wrote, “The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race.” In 2015, he said, “Aggression…threatens to destroy us all.”

He was not alone in his concerns. Films, music, books (both fiction and nonfiction), news reports, and even video games are filled with apocalyptic horror. And the answers — especially the fictional ones — are not particularly comforting. In real life, few people expect a superhero to save the day. (A Savior is coming, but He doesn’t wear an S on His chest.)

Some concerns are valid, and some are not. But all of them show that humanity senses its sin and fears coming judgment. They don’t use the word sin, but they talk a lot about the concept. However they express it, they show a growing realization that, as a species and as individuals, we are missing the mark. And some form of judgment must come.

There is an upside to judgment. It means that God is real, and so are His standards. It means the world is not an accident. You are not an accident. He created each one of us with purpose and meaning. We all sense these things to be true, but God gave us more than an intuition. He gave us the Bible. And He verified the Bible’s trustworthiness over and over again.

Hebrews 1:1 (NIV 1984) says, “In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways.” The prophets correctly described events that would take place a short time later, or even thousands of years later. Their words focused primarily on the first and second comings of Jesus. They spoke of our time in stunning detail.

They didn’t get these things right because they were good guessers. No one can make that many good guesses. They got it right every time because God spoke through them.

We see an example of the ultimate expression of God’s love in John 3:16 (NKJV). “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

Yes, we are guilty. We are sinners. We deserve judgment. But, as 1 Peter 2:24 (NASB) explains, “He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross.” In John 14:3, He promised to all who follow Him, “I will come again, and receive you to Myself.”

The news is often bleak. Those who reject Christ are right to feel a sense of impending doom. But followers of Jesus must know that the darkness will not last. The Lord will rapture His people out of this mess. Later, He will return to earth to set up His millennial kingdom. The world will move out of darkness and into light. Jesus promised, and He always keeps His word.

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/the-darkness-will-not-last/

athenasius

Love this, so true!

humanity senses its sin and fears coming judgment. They don’t use the word sin, but they talk a lot about the concept. However they express it, they show a growing realization that, as a species and as individuals, we are missing the mark. And some form of judgment must come.
There is an upside to judgment. It means that God is real, and so are His standards. It means the world is not an accident. You are not an accident. He created each one of us with purpose and meaning. We all sense these things to be true, but God gave us more than an intuition. He gave us the Bible. And He verified the Bible’s trustworthiness over and over again.
I LOVE Hal's answer to Hawking's depressing reality.
The news is often bleak. Those who reject Christ are right to feel a sense of impending doom. But followers of Jesus must know that the darkness will not last. The Lord will rapture His people out of this mess. Later, He will return to earth to set up His millennial kingdom. The world will move out of darkness and into light. Jesus promised, and He always keeps His word.
Maranatha!

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
Stephen Hawking was an arrogant, vile person. He never missed an opportunity to denigrate belief in God, and Christianity especially. The worst part about it is all the people who will wind up in the Lake of Fire for eternity because of his influence in pulling people away from Christ.

Jaybird

It is difficult to name one University professor who is NOT an atheist. It would disingenuous to say they are ALL atheists, but the ones that aren't are certainly a tiny minority. It just amazes me that a man as smart as Hawking could not understand that there is a Creator.

As it is written in 2Timothy 3:7

"always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth"

Book knowledge is not spiritual knowledge.

Umbrella Girl

In my opinion, Hawking led more people away from Christ than all the pagans and satanists combined. Why? Because he was so very “respected” as a “brilliant” mind. Yet the Word of God calls him a FOOL. I’m glad I didn’t attend any college / university, and was never exposed to such God-hating indoctrination:

"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," Hawking wrote in 2010.

In an interview published in May 2011 by The Guardian, Hawking compared the brain to a computer, noting it stops working once all the components fail. "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark," he said.

Because of his ALS, Hawking normally would have died decades ago, but inexplicably, he lived for several decades. And used all those tears to deny God and influence others to deny Him, leading them all to the Lake…

Last edited:

SkyRider

"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," Hawking wrote in 2010.

In an interview published in May 2011 by The Guardian, Hawking compared the brain to a computer, noting it stops working once all the components fail. "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark," he said.

Science, or their perception of it, becomes their god. A brilliant mind can deduce that something came from nothing? Spontaneous combustion produced the materials and energy required for the formation of the universe? Out of the void, the necessary impetus to start it all just magically produced itself? I'm no brain sturgeon or any other kind of fish, but even I can realize that nothing produces something.

Umbrella Girl

It is difficult to name one University professor who is NOT an atheist. It would disingenuous to say they are ALL atheists, but the ones that aren't are certainly a tiny minority. It just amazes me that a man as smart as Hawking could not understand that there is a Creator.

As it is written in 2Timothy 3:7

"always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth"

Book knowledge is not spiritual knowledge.
Spiritual blindness and hatred of God…that’s it, in a nutshell. Has nothing at all to do with intelligence…

Neohistory

For we are to walk through this darkness, temporarily. What better light to have to show you the way through, than Jesus Christ. I remember the darkness I stumbled through before I was saved, and there is light at the end of the tunnel that Jesus is guiding me to. The Shekinah glory of God, the creator, the author and finisher of our faith. Amen

“The shekhinah (Biblical Hebrew: שְׁכִינָה‎ šəḵīna; also Romanized shekina(h), schechina(h), shechina(h)) is the English transliteration of a Hebrew word meaning "dwelling" or "settling" and denotes the dwelling or settling of the divine presence of God.”

Andy C

Myself.”

No matter how dark it eventually gets, keeping the above in mind, we know we have a glorious future awaiting us. The road may be bumpy, and the ride rough, but we will make it Home!

Kenny64

By Hal Lindsey

Stephen Hawking was the most famous scientist of his generation. The author of A Brief History of Time died in 2018. Near the end of his life, he became something of a prophet of doom. In his last years, he pointed out several threats to human civilization and even to human existence. In 2014, he wrote, “The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race.” In 2015, he said, “Aggression…threatens to destroy us all.”

He was not alone in his concerns. Films, music, books (both fiction and nonfiction), news reports, and even video games are filled with apocalyptic horror. And the answers — especially the fictional ones — are not particularly comforting. In real life, few people expect a superhero to save the day. (A Savior is coming, but He doesn’t wear an S on His chest.)

Some concerns are valid, and some are not. But all of them show that humanity senses its sin and fears coming judgment. They don’t use the word sin, but they talk a lot about the concept. However they express it, they show a growing realization that, as a species and as individuals, we are missing the mark. And some form of judgment must come.

Hebrews 1:1 (NIV 1984) says, “In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways.” The prophets correctly described events that would take place a short time later, or even thousands of years later. Their words focused primarily on the first and second comings of Jesus. They spoke of our time in stunning detail.

They didn’t get these things right because they were good guessers. No one can make that many good guesses. They got it right every time because God spoke through them.

We see an example of the ultimate expression of God’s love in John 3:16 (NKJV). “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

Yes, we are guilty. We are sinners. We deserve judgment. But, as 1 Peter 2:24 (NASB) explains, “He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross.” In John 14:3, He promised to all who follow Him, “I will come again, and receive you to Myself.”

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/the-darkness-will-not-last/
And so Bible tells us repeadly.
1 Corith 13:12
For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

1 John 2:28
And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Umbrella Girl

And so Bible tells us repeadly.
1 Corith 13:12
For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

1 John 2:28
And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
1 Corinthians 13:12…my favorite verse…
my signature verse… :redface

NewWine2020

Stephen Hawking was an arrogant, vile person. He never missed an opportunity to denigrate belief in God, and Christianity especially. The worst part about it is all the people who will wind up in the Lake of Fire for eternity because of his influence in pulling people away from Christ.

I can understand, to a degree, why he must have felt so much anger and hatred at God to the point that he lied to himself to the point he may actually have believed God did not exist; to have his brilliant brain trapped in his decrepit, deformed and hindered body must have enraged him and deeply hurt his pride.

I have a good friend who idolizes the "brilliance" of Hawking and that other pillar of Atheism, Carl Sagan.

I'm quite content in my "unsophisticated" belief in a loving savior that loves each one of us more than we likely love ourselves.