The Current Secular Take on Creation

Duncanmc

I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this topic but if not please feel free to move it. I am a member on a secular internet message board that discusses many topics including religion and I recently read through a list of a dozen or more excoriations of Creationists - calling them everything except human. They were clearly considered foolish and uneducated. The level of venom was amazing. I usually don't bother responding to such threads because the effort is in vain when feeling is at that level but today I felt called to and this is what I wrote:

Science has answered many questions except the most important ones- why can't we live in peace with each other? Why do we kill, rape, torture and subjugate the weak? The derision I see exhibited here toward the concept of a Creator God is a form of pride I think. Pride that humans have come so far and don't need anything from anyone except to shut up and let us keep experimenting, we'll work it all out, thanks. But the reality is that with the absolute EXPLOSION of knowledge we've experience over the past 70 years or so, mankind has only moved closer to the edge of annihilation. Think not? In 1945 we learned the secret that makes it possible for men to actually, physically destroy all life on this planet. We have avoided that fate for a few decades but the world grows darker every day. The hate in men's minds and souls is not conquered with knowledge, else we'd all be saints by now living in a Utopia of harmony.
Religion is NOT what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the ability of the creation (us) to simply acknowledge that we ARE a creation and that the force which did the creating knows more about how we should live than we do - at least if we are to survive as a species and grow into the next level of evolution. I believe the stories of apocalypse are the warning to us that not many will survive our arrogance and pride. We will be given our own way - right up to the point where ALL life is about to be extincted from this blue planet but THEN it stops and the Creator will deal with those doing the destroying - whether in the name of religion OR science. Bumpy ride ahead folks. And I think it's in our lifetime.

Does anyone here believe that creationism is less than real? I only ask because several of those who responded on that site I already knew to be believers - and even they had doubts about the Creation verses. I have no doubts on this issue because I fully realize that our God will explain His mysteries in His due time. I think He does not try to explain it to us any better at this point because it would be like one of us trying to learned quantum mechanics in nursery school. Just thought I'd put this out there - shalom!

mattfivefour

I have absolutely no doubt about Creation. How could I? Over and over God's Word has proven to be reliable; certainly, and especially, in those things of which I have personal knowledge in relation to my own life; and certainly in relation to historical facts that can be substantiated. So why would I not believe Him in those things where I cannot find the "proof" some might want? If that which can be tested of which He has spoken is found to be true, why would we believe anything else He says would be false?

UCT

I have no doubt about creation at all either. None. When I first became a Christian I didn't either, then I began reading all the "evidence" for evolution and swayed a little from my belief. Over time, I believe God led me to the books I read that clearly showed the flaws in evolutionary "science". I think you can mix Science and the Bible very well, the problem is most Scientist were taught from birth to not believe in a Creator. That's a shame and we should pray for them. I find the theory of evolution to be somewhat funny. When a scientist can go sit in a dark room and make something come from nothing, I'll be more than happy to listen to his ideas. lol

Toothywoofy

I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this topic but if not please feel free to move it. I am a member on a secular internet message board that discusses many topics including religion and I recently read through a list of a dozen or more excoriations of Creationists - calling them everything except human. They were clearly considered foolish and uneducated. The level of venom was amazing.

Does anyone here believe that creationism is less than real? !

I believe 100 per cent in creationism. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen. Or another version puts it -

Hebrews 11:1
Faith assures us of things we expect and convinces us of the existence of things we cannot see.

When we use God's word as our plumbline, we will not go wrong.

Romans 1 tells us

20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts......... 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie

I am looking at this chapter from a new perspective in relation to your post.

God's word says that men are without excuse, God's invisible qualities through his creation are evident. People who choose the humanistic and secular root, invariably end up dismissing God's word. And v22 'although they claimed to be wise, they became fools' and v23 is interesting, it says they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man, birds, animals and reptiles. I am wondering if this verse could also apply to the elevated position evolution has been given in the science world? For many evolution is their religion and they would say as much. Have they, in trying to find the missing link, in trying to recreate Homo sapiens, and neanderthal, and trying to work out about dinosaurs, and prehistoric reptiles etc, been creating images and giving this area of science a place that God never intended and as a result, have they exchanged the truth of God for a lie? Just a thought, as I hadn't thought of that scripture in that way before now.

I wonder if part of the real issue for the excoriators of Creationists is control. To submit to the idea of a creator God, means they would no longer be able to research and postulate about evolution etc and they would no longer be able to work it all out and have 'control'. Not that they have control anyway, but the sin nature has left a bent in the psyche of man that wants to be 'like' God, even be God and know all things.

Colossians 1:16
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible

John 1:6
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made

Interesting to note that there has not been found any evidence for human evolution. For me personally, it would take more faith to believe in evolution than in God's word, given that NO missing link has been found and there is NO evidence of evolution in fossilization. Amazing to think that the so-called learned of the world would nearly stake their life on a theory that has not and cannot be proven, because it isn't true. We stake our lives on a saviour through whom all things were made, a saviour who is the author of all creation and in him we live, and move and have our being. He is the only safe haven we have in the sea of humanistic, secular, ungodly theories and scientific pontifications and postulations.

I love the following verse, and to me, it says it all.

Romans 11:36
For the universe owes its origin to Him, was created by Him, and has its aim and purpose in Him

Last edited:

twerpv

I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this topic but if not please feel free to move it. I am a member on a secular internet message board that discusses many topics including religion and I recently read through a list of a dozen or more excoriations of Creationists - calling them everything except human. They were clearly considered foolish and uneducated. The level of venom was amazing. I usually don't bother responding to such threads because the effort is in vain when feeling is at that level but today I felt called to and this is what I wrote:

Science has answered many questions except the most important ones- why can't we live in peace with each other? Why do we kill, rape, torture and subjugate the weak? The derision I see exhibited here toward the concept of a Creator God is a form of pride I think. Pride that humans have come so far and don't need anything from anyone except to shut up and let us keep experimenting, we'll work it all out, thanks. But the reality is that with the absolute EXPLOSION of knowledge we've experience over the past 70 years or so, mankind has only moved closer to the edge of annihilation. Think not? In 1945 we learned the secret that makes it possible for men to actually, physically destroy all life on this planet. We have avoided that fate for a few decades but the world grows darker every day. The hate in men's minds and souls is not conquered with knowledge, else we'd all be saints by now living in a Utopia of harmony.
Religion is NOT what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the ability of the creation (us) to simply acknowledge that we ARE a creation and that the force which did the creating knows more about how we should live than we do - at least if we are to survive as a species and grow into the next level of evolution. I believe the stories of apocalypse are the warning to us that not many will survive our arrogance and pride. We will be given our own way - right up to the point where ALL life is about to be extincted from this blue planet but THEN it stops and the Creator will deal with those doing the destroying - whether in the name of religion OR science. Bumpy ride ahead folks. And I think it's in our lifetime.

Does anyone here believe that creationism is less than real? I only ask because several of those who responded on that site I already knew to be believers - and even they had doubts about the Creation verses. I have no doubts on this issue because I fully realize that our God will explain His mysteries in His due time. I think He does not try to explain it to us any better at this point because it would be like one of us trying to learned quantum mechanics in nursery school. Just thought I'd put this out there - shalom!

Duncanmc,

I posted in another thread that regardless of what one thinks about our past, there is some level of faith that one needs to have in order to believe and/or defend that belief. Whether it be evolution, creation, or 'other'. On your secular website, I can only assume that the 'evidence' and 'facts' provided for evolution are based on some assumptions. They have to be as one cannot "prove" something did or did not happen eons ago. Ergo, they have to have 'faith' in their assumptions. Just as we Christians have to have faith. I think the evolutionists are going to feel a sense of shame and embarrassment when God tells them He told them to just look around. You have been surrounded by the evidence all along but failed to acknowledge it.
I believe that our salvation and walk with Jesus is more a heart thing than a head thing (although getting the head part is important). Which is why I think God tells us to pray for the lost so that He can call to them

nillapoet

I suggest the book "I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Athiest". It combines logical arguments, archaeological finds, and scientific data to show that Evolution and Athiesm are completely wrong.