The connecting link

Saved and Waiting

Yes, the church will not face the wrath from God during the Tribulations, but what does this have to do with Ez 38-39? God will destroy those who attempt to attack Israel, but that does not mean the church will be gone first.

I realize many, including Jack Kelley who I believe was the best at teaching the Word, say that the Church is last mentioned in Rev. 4 and in Rev. 6:17, with the opening of the 6th seal, the Wrath of God begins. This will be in the first half of Daniel's 70th week. I do believe this too. When I read that God Himself destroys five out of every six Gog attackers on the mountains of Israel in Ezekiel 38 and 39, I can't seem to not see this action as God's wrath also. He personally puts the hook in the jaw of Gog and leads him to the mountains of Israel where He destroys nearly all of them. I tend to think this is His wake up call to the world that He is now personally turning back to the apple of His eye and He will be fighting for them from now on. I believe we may well see Psalm 83 and the destruction of Damascus and possibly the news reports that Gog and his armies are turning around and heading for Israel. I just don't believe we will necessarily be here right up to the beginning of the 70th week. I do think it could be soon that we will know for sure! Like I've said before, I may be wrong about when I believe we will be Raptured but I do know we will be!

Yes, the church will not face the wrath from God during the Tribulations, but what does this have to do with Ez 38-39? God will destroy those who attempt to attack Israel, but that does not mean the church will be gone first.
This doesn't show the church will be gone. I already believed that from the teaching in other parts of the Bible and that is what led me to the conclusion that this invasion was the link between the rapture and the rise of the antichrist.

greg64

I hope we're gone by Ezekiel 38 -- the other options for why America leaves Israel to stand alone during that event are not terribly appealing...

Logically, thinking about dispensations I think it makes sense that the Rapture happens either before or basically at the same time, but the Bible just doesn't clearly say. It's enough for me that we can see the participants in place and getting ready.