The Coming Convergence Movie

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by Jeri minton, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Jeri minton

Jeri minton Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone has seen this movie and what your opinion of it was.

lightofmylife likes this.
  2. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

It's free to watch if you have Amazon Prime... so I might give it a try. I brought it up and did a quick skim... it looks like it might be in a documentary format, though I'm not sure. If so, it might be hard to watch, at least for me.

Jeri minton and lightofmylife like this.
  3. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

SonSeeker and Jeri minton like this.
  4. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

I watched it several times. I thought it was well done. My only criticism is I wish they would have cited specific Bible verses in their explanations. I would recommend this film for believers, and non believers alike. This could be a great tool using fulfilled prophecy to validate the Bible for non believers and teach prophecy to believers who are not hearing prophecy taught in their Chuches.

5. Jeri minton

Jeri minton Well-Known Member

Its goood to hear what you all thought, I had an idea of sending the movie to a couple of teens that I know have no church background..not sure if I should, but will keep thinking about it...I also wish the movie would have shown scripture...

SonSeeker and Almost Heaven like this.
  6. ozaprah

ozaprah Well-Known Member

My initial impressions after an quick watching:
    Why specifically was there no mention of Turkey in the Ezk 38 section of the movie? They specifically mentioned Russia, Iran and Libya a number of times, but not Turkey.
    What was the reference about the collapse of the economic system in a single day about? Where in the bible does it say it happens in a single day?
    What was the reference about not being able to touch the bodies of Israel's enemies after Ezk 38 battle for seven months about, alluding to it must be nuclear or biological contamination? Ezk 39 says "For seven months the Israelites will be burying them in order to cleanse the land"... FOR seven months, not after seven months!
    Why no mention of a rapture?
    Why the pairing of Jack Hibbs (classically pretrib) with Douglas Hemp (who is strongly opposed to a pretrib rapture)? Here's an example of Douglas Hemp's rapture beliefs..
    What was the confusion at the end about Jesus's statement of 'not knowing the day or the hour' as actually being a Jewish idiom for the Feast of Trumpets? ie: taking a verse pertaining to the rapture and then making it mean that we will know the exact time of Jesus's return and it will be on the Feast of Trumpets.
    All in all, not bad but a bit of a mish-mash of eschatological positions. I'm wondering if Jack Hibbs knew what the he was getting into editing wise.

7. greg64

greg64 Well-Known Member

I watched it a few months ago. Thought it was good as far as it went, but no mention of the Rapture and not much in the way of the Gospel. Mostly as I recall a focus on how the world was prepared for the tribulation and some of the things that happen therein. Might be good for waking people up to where the world is trending.

Jeri minton likes this.
  8. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I mentioned in another thread that I watched it and though it was a decent work for a documentary, but I did disagree with several things in the movie. Most of us will disagree on at least a few (non-salvation issue) points related to eschatology. Like ozaprah shared, I was scratching my head over the claim that there would be global economic collapse in just one day, and a lot of their speculation was certainly extra-biblical.

Jeri minton and Mary Cole like this.