The Clay Travis and Bud Sexton Show

Are You listening to the Clay Travis and Bud Sexton Radio Show?

• I listened frequently or occasionally to the Rush Limbaugh Show

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I understand that Clay Travis and Bud Sexton are now the voices behind the Golden EIB Microphone

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I enjoy listening to Clay and Bud's show

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • The Clay and Bud show does not hold my attention

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Who are Clay and Bud?

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Clay Travis and Bud Sexton are Rush Limbaugh's replacement. I've listened to them a bit but I'll admit I've been changing the channel after just a short while. They talk the conservative talk but in my opinion they're missing something very important to secure long time success with their show. What I'm not getting is entertainment, which is something that Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage and some others have managed to include in their show while conversing on serious topics.

What do you think about the Clay and Bud show? Does it grab your attention? do you listen to it?

pixelpusher

I voted "enjoy", but need to add a tentative "for now". I used to listen to Rush quite a bit back during the Clinton years, then the drive got shorter. Lately, I was only catching him for a few minutes while getting son from school. Same with this new show, I only am in the car for a short time, and I agree, there's something there, but something not also. I'm not sure anyone can replace Rush, anymore than J Vernon could be replaced, or Paul Harvey.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Rush can't be replaced. Why try?

Buck (aka Bud :)) and Clay have their own show now. They just happened to negotiate their way into Rush's time slot and purchased or made some agreement with the EIB organization. They can't replace Rush, but they've got their own show like a bunch of other conservative talk show hosts have.

But can they hold and grow an audience?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
No one will ever fill Rush's shoes. I do miss his commentary and opinion on the happenings of the day. He would have a perspective that no one else had. In my opinion, the only other commentator who comes close to Rush is Mark Levin.

Yeah, I can listen to Mark Levin. I can listen to Michael Savage though his time slot is such in my area that I haven't heard his show in over a year probably. Mark Steyn is probably my favorite but I only heard him when he sat in for Rush. Mark Steyn, like Rush, is great at entertaining while covering the issues of the day.

To my ears, Clay and Buck just kind of drone on and on and I stop hearing them even before I change the channel.

jab777

Clay Travis and Bud Sexton are Rush Limbaugh's replacement. I've listened to them a bit but I'll admit I've been changing the channel after just a short while. They talk the conservative talk but in my opinion they're missing something very important to secure long time success with their show. What I'm not getting is entertainment, which is something that Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage and some others have managed to include in their show while conversing on serious topics.

What do you think about the Clay and Bud show? Does it grab your attention? do you listen to it?
I remember Buck Sexton from when he used to fill in for Rush. My favorite Rush fill in was always Mark Steyn. Where I live I don’t get the Clay and Buck show- I get Dan Bongino from 12-3 pm. I like him and got used to him when he filled in for Chris Plante on WMAL in DC after he left the Secret Service.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I remember Buck Sexton from when he used to fill in for Rush. My favorite Rush fill in was always Mark Steyn. Where I live I don’t get the Clay and Buck show- I get Dan Bongino from 12-3 pm. I like him and got used to him when he filled in for Chris Plante on WMAL in DC after he left the Secret Service.

Mark Steyn was my favorite too. I actually like him the very best of any radio talk show host. I think that Dan Bongino got some of the radio slots that were EIB's until after Rush died. I'm not sure if I've ever heard his show or not.

athenasius

I'd never heard of them. I probably wouldn't listen partly because I'm not even sure if we get that up here in Canada. However now that I know, if I bump into them I'll give them a listen. Not a big radio listener but you never know.

I did hear clips from Rush occasionally, mostly I read what he wrote or transcripts. He had a lot of good things to say. Liked him.

bigmoose

The first time I listened to them, I changed the station within 10 minutes. I found them shrill, talking too fast, and not at all calming and intellectual as Rush was. I went back and listened a week or so later, but moved on again. I also tried the Bongino show, airing at the same time in my area and moved on there too. Found him a droning voice after about 20 minutes. I am back to listening to classical music.