The Christian's 2nd Amendment Right

Pat

WHAT mATTERS – EFFECTUAL WEAPONS OF WARFARE
(Aka The Christian’s 2nd Amendment Right)​
We are told nightly on the news that the United States is waging a war on domestic terror, instigated by the January 6th “insurrection.” It appears that the terrorists are all those that don’t agree with, or submit to, the radical left’s agenda. Some of those included on the enemy list are; parents who want to have a say in what is taught to their school age children, those who are concerned about the unknown effects of forced medical procedures, (as a side note, what happened to the left’s slogan of “my body, my choice?” in this matter?) social and fiscal conservatives, first and second amendment rights advocates, and evangelical Christians. You may identify with none, some, or all the above groups, but if you are in the last group identifying as a Christian, I want to caution you about your involvement in this war.

The Bible uses many figures of speech comparing military terms with a Christian’s spiritual walk, such as; “Put on the whole armor of God.”[1]endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”[2] “my fellow soldier.”[3] However, although these terms seem to suggest that Christians are called to engage in physical battle, we must recognize that these metaphors are merely comparisons of things used in the physical world, to things unseen in the spiritual world. Our flesh would love to fight the ungodly things of the world with armaments of physical weapons, but God calls us to a different type of warfare. The battles God calls Christians to are spiritual and best fought on our knees. Listen to 2 Corinthians 10:3-4, “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.)” Paul is telling us that though we are soldiers called to endure hardships, we do not take up physical weapons to fight with. Faith, obedience, and prayer are our spiritual weapons, because the battles are spiritual, not physical. “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.[4] What will effect a change that lasts for eternity, is unbelievers believing the Gospel, not us trying to re-establish a “constitutional righteousness.” We need to remember the fact that, “…angels and authorities and powers (are) made subject unto him (Jesus).”[5]

Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 4:4 that the “…god of this world (Satan) has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” What matters is, that their eyes will be opened to spiritual truth when they hear the Gospel, as we present it in faithful obedience, bathed in prayer. These are the effectual weapons of warfare that will prevail against unrighteousness.

[1] Ephesians 6:11
[2] 2 Timothy 2:3
[3] Philippians 2:25
[4] Ephesians 6:12
[5] 1 Peter 3:22b

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Put on the whole armor of God.”

Great post. :)

Stand,therefore, with truth like a belt around your waist,
righteousness like armor on your chest,
and your feet sandaled with readiness
for the gospel of peace. In every situation take the shield of faith,
and with it you will be able to extinguish
all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Take the helmet of salvation,
and the sword of the Spirit,
which is God’s word.
Pray at all times in the Spirit with every prayer and request, and stay alert in this with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints. Pray also for me, that the message may be given to me when I open my mouth to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel.

Ephesians 6:14-19