The book of Hezekiah

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Was at a small group last night and someone made that joke....saying that some unheard of verse can be found "in the book of Hezekiah." WELL, everyone laughed.....but me being tired, not feeling well and....being ME haha..... I had a total brain fart and fell for it! :doh He then proceeded to tell me, "There is no book of Hezekiah....there WAS a person named Hezekiah...."
UUUGGGHHH YES...I knew that....I know that....!!!!!!!!!
I am so embarrassed. WHYYYYYYYYYY????
Oh well, guess I needed humbling. My reputation as a Bible expert is now shattered.
I'm sure you think this is funny. OK! It is, kind of. :ahaha
But :groan

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
It could have been one of those little minor prophet books, it's hard to remember all the book names sometimes... I might of fallen for it too.
I don't believe you but thank you anyway:hugI think my ears heard Hezekiah but my brain made it something else.
Actually, I've never been good at remembering names, places and figures. Flunked history in school. Retook it and got a D :ahaha. Very hard time retaining Old Testament bible knowledge. It took three reads through the OT to finally start remembering some things. And I still forget or mix up the disciples! Part of the problem are the changed names, and same names.
Would make some assume that I'm a new Christian, but oh well.

sissy kidwell

Don't feel too bad. Being as I'm old now and my memory likes to play tricks on me and totally embarrass me daily. I do remember having to learn all the books of the Bible as an assignment for my Sunday School Class. One by one we all stood up and recited the books. As life goes on I figured out that if I remembered all the New Testament everything else had to be in the Old Testament. That worked for awhile and my memory laughed at me and said "yeah right." So now I sit next to someone I know that can recite scripture in their sleep. I look down at my Bible and cut my eyes over to which direction they are turning their pages and then I follow suit. Works for now.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I remember being in a bible group one time and the ladies were talking about recipes after our bible study. One of them asked about a cooking technique in such a serious way (like she was going to get in trouble if she got it wrong) that I said, "Well, you know in 2 Cookery of the bible it says that........." just to give supposed 'biblical' backing to this very serious cooking question. Thankfully they caught on to my humor and didn't actually think there was such a book in the bible. :lol

RestInHim

Was at a small group last night and someone made that joke....saying that some unheard of verse can be found "in the book of Hezekiah." WELL, everyone laughed.....but me being tired, not feeling well and....being ME haha..... I had a total brain fart and fell for it! :doh He then proceeded to tell me, "There is no book of Hezekiah....there WAS a person named Hezekiah...."
UUUGGGHHH YES...I knew that....I know that....!!!!!!!!!
I am so embarrassed. WHYYYYYYYYYY????
Oh well, guess I needed humbling. My reputation as a Bible expert is now shattered.
I'm sure you think this is funny. OK! It is, kind of. :ahaha
But :groan

I'm really bad with remembering people's name's, numbers is different. It must be something to do with how our brains work. There's A LOT of names to remember in Scripture.