The Birth Of Our Savior

woodlands

Amos 3:7

"Surely the Lord God does nothing,

Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets."

Leviticus 23:4

"These are the feasts of the Lord, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times."

Feast already fulfilled by Jesus

1) Passover- Pointed to the Messiah as our Passover Lamb. (Leviticus 23:5)

2) Unleavened Bread – Pointed to the Messiah's sinless life (Leviticus 23:6)

3) First Fruits: Pointed to the Messiah’s resurrection as the first fruits of the righteous. Paul refers to him in 1 Corinthians 15:20 as the “first fruits from the dead.”

4) Feast of Weeks and for the Church, Pentecost– Occurred fifty days after the beginning of the Feast of Unleavened Bread and pointed to the great harvest of souls and the gift of the Holy Spirit for both Jew and Gentile, who would be brought into the kingdom of God during the Church Age. The Church was actually established on this day when God poured out His Holy Spirit and 3,000 Jews responded to Peter's great sermon and his first proclamation of the gospel. (Leviticus 23:16)

An interesting fact about sheep, the ewe give birth only in the Spring season. In the Jewish calendar, the first month of the year is Nisan, which usually falls between March-April, which coincides with Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits.

"The shepherds of Bethlehem were in charge of raising sheep for the temple sacrifices. According to the laws of the time the sheep that were used for the offerings had to be a one-year-old male sheep that had been outside for 365 days(one year) with the Sheppards tending. Once the sheep were of age the shepherds would bring them to the city of Jerusalem to be sacrificed for the Sabbath (Friday). It was important that the sheep that were to be sacrificed did not possess any blemishes (broken legs, or injuries). Once the sheep’s blood was completely spilled for all of the sins the priest would return to the people and proclaim, “It is finished”. Our Savior was born in the small city of Bethlehem. When his time had come Jesus was led to Jerusalem to be sacrificed. It was extremely important that he did not have any imperfections (blemishes). On Sabbath Jesus Christ was crucified and gave up his life. He proclaimed, “It is finished”, and then passed away. " (Taken from an article written in Immersion Learning)

As the Feast of Tabernacles marks the end of the feast with our God coming to earth to tabernacle with us, so it would seem Passover, in the month of Nisan, marks the beginning. The lambs were taken to be sacrificed in the same season of their birthday. It follows that our Savior was led to be sacrificed for our sins around the time of his birthday. God tells us all ahead of time in His Holy Feast.

Last edited:

woodlands

Hi to both of you. I don't know my way around and fear I may have posted in the wrong section. I will find this meet and greet section! :)