The Bible on giving sanctuary

depserv

Many pro-immigrant people claim that the Bible tells us America must give sanctuary to all who seek it. The reasons typically given for this are Christian charity, the commandment to love our neighbors, and the family of Jesus having lived as refugees in Egypt for awhile.

My opinion is, the world is so messed up there will always be a massive amount of people with something to run away from, and if we take in even a fraction of that number it will result in a huge increase in our population. In fact the immigration policy we have now is an extension of the refugee concept, and it has increased our numbers and made huge changes in demographics. It is what resulted in the victories of liberalism, and it has made America much less of a Christian nation.

So-called multiculturalism has proven to be a big lie and massive betrayal. It amounts to national suicide, with the end result being that America will become the very same thing the refugees ran away from. Not in our time, but in the time of our children's children. It is a betrayal of our children. And it just doesn't make sense to me that God would want us to do that.

I'd like to know what those who know the Bible better than I do have to say about this.

Lily

Looking Up
When something is wanted from the Christian, guilt and brow-beating is used. All of a sudden everyone is an expert as to what it is to be a Christian.

Say the Lord's Prayer in public or politely decline to bake a cake and they'll come after you with the whole weight of the law and/or spew their hatred in the public square.

Those who don't know the Bible from a taco are dictating what is a Christian. "Christian" is being redefined to make it meaningless or marginalized.

God will always have his remnant of true believers so these satanic efforts will never succeed.

DCR

Numbers 35: 6-29 Speak of the Cities of Refuge and can be mistaken for the Sanctuary Cities we see in the new today. There are several important differences. First, the Cities were for individuals who were running and not for whole groups of people. Secondly, when the person arrived that person was then judged by the elders of the city and those who were pursuing were allowed to state their case as well. If the person was found innocent he was ordered to remain in the city until the High Priest passed away and had to abide by the laws/rules of the city. Nowhere in the Bible is a foreigner allowed to bring in their laws to supplant those of Israel, that God has ordained.

Micki

MARANATHA!!
Funny, suddenly when it comes to letting in any and all 'refugees', the US has suddenly become a Christian nation, one in which the people are to follow an 11th commandment which states "Thou shalt give sanctuary to all who seek it". My Bible says we're in the midst of wolves and that we are to be wise as serpents. If I go to the Old Testament I see it's wise to beat my plowshare into a sword and say I am strong. Yeshua even said it's right to sell my garment to buy a sword. This is for protection against those who would harm or destroy me.

People who want to preach on what The Bible says really ought to try reading it first.

athenasius

As Christians we are entitled to say NO to enforced charity. The story of Ananias and Sapphira has a key moment in there where Peter points out that the money they had was theirs to give OR NOT as they chose, but they weren't to LIE about it. Paul talks about giving freely. We have a God given right to say no to those who don't deserve our charity and that would include those who are more likely than not to cause harm to us.

These refugees from war torn Muslim countries like Syria are tilted towards violence (they grew up with it, it's in their holy book as commandments), subjugation of women, lying, cheating and taking advantage of others. Again, it's in their holy book. Non Muslims in their eyes aren't people with any rights, they are there for the plundering just like the threat of the Barbary Pirates that ended up causing Americans to form the Marines. And the rape epidemic follows these refugees wherever they go, along with other serious crimes.

Until we can separate out those who are genuinely ready to turn their backs on the verses in the Koran that call for this and assimilate into our cultures we can't afford any more enforced generosity by the leftists who steal from us to give to those who want to rape, kill and enslave us.

Andrew

Well known member
Numbers 35: 6-29 Speak of the Cities of Refuge and can be mistaken for the Sanctuary Cities we see in the new today. There are several important differences. First, the Cities were for individuals who were running and not for whole groups of people. Secondly, when the person arrived that person was then judged by the elders of the city and those who were pursuing were allowed to state their case as well. If the person was found innocent he was ordered to remain in the city until the High Priest passed away and had to abide by the laws/rules of the city. Nowhere in the Bible is a foreigner allowed to bring in their laws to supplant those of Israel, that God has ordained.
Good point. The cities of refuge were places where a judgement was made in relation to someone who had killed another. If they were found to be murderers then they would be put to death.

depserv

I'd like to thank everyone for the very good answers.

The point about liberal hypocrisy is well taken. Liberals tell us that our political leaders can't say the Bible tells us to do this therefore we must do this. That of course is a lie, because the Establishment Clause does not say or even imply that, but it is a lie that has been planted deeply into our law by the liberal cult. The same liberals now telling us that the Bible commands us we have to give sanctuary to any who come here are using Saul Alinsky's rule number 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” The flaw in that strategy of course is that the liberal cult does not know or care what the Christian book of rules says. As with most of what they do, they depend on the ignorance of those they herd like cattle. And that of course is why Christians should go to a good church and read our Bibles: it makes us harder to lie to, and it gives us the tools to redirect those who have been misled.

But there are those who think of themselves as Christian who claim that we must give sanctuary and really do believe that opinion is Biblical. As has been explained here, it is not. I started this thread to find better ways to explain the truth to those who might actually be seeking God but who have been misled by those who levy war on America, and pretend the Bible is on their side. A common thing for liberals to claim these days is that Jesus was what is today called a liberal. That of course is a lie. But it is a lie that many who are ignorant of God's Word have been led to believe. So it falls on us to explain the truth to them.

bigmoose

Thank you for starting this thread. Folks started this very discussion post Sunday gathering with leadership. What we found is not everyone is on the same page. We actually had one person "accusing" another of being a "hater" because of open support of President Trump, although there was no evidence of this in their walk of 12 years...

So I think this topic is very important for leadership and true saints to understand as it appears the adversary has brought conflict into our gatherings over national politics and is trying to mix it with Biblical Charity to call true Christians un-Christian over unlawful and imprudent immigration policies.

Always remember the New/One World Order wants national boundaries defeated "for the good of all..." Ha I say!

athenasius

bigmoose, I think you are right, it's like God is using these controversies to help Christians really see where the BIBLICAL lines are drawn. It forces us to look at the Bible and challenge each other to get down to what is really taught in the Word, and what kind of cultural bias or dare I say VIRUS is infecting our walk with the Lord.

maryrae

depserv, I'm glad you started this thread! I've enjoyed the excellent discussions. While reading through the thread, my thoughts were drawn to something that happened in Israel's history that would do our various nations a world of good to take heed to. The story I'm referring to is the story of Joshua and the Gibeonites in Joshua 9. Now, I realize that the Gibeonites were not refugees, but the thought is there, in my opinion, that it is paramount to exercise caution. Things aren't always as it seems, and I believe Israel later ended up paying for it.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joshua 9

Kist

Bit late to the party of this thread, but just wanted to give my two cents. I think though, that there is a logical fallacy in the whole discussion around refugees. There are two layers to what should be done. On the one side, people take the whole attitude that is asked of the personal christian and take that to mean that a government should handle in such and such way. But a government is a different entity. In this particular case, I'd point out that the government is given the sword for a reason. That is to protect the citizens and the laws of the country. At the same time, I see far too many christians worry about their earthly fate. While Christ clearly instructs us to forego that worry. Fear not those that can destroy the flesh.

I guess what I'm trying to say, we got two problems. On the one side we see people that fail to understand the role of the government. And we see governments failing to see that role. On the other side we see christians that are far too attached to their earthly lives. Ironically, in a way, both keep each other alive.

63ProStreet

When something is wanted from the Christian, guilt and brow-beating is used. All of a sudden everyone is an expert as to what it is to be a Christian.

Say the Lord's Prayer in public or politely decline to bake a cake and they'll come after you with the whole weight of the law and/or spew their hatred in the public square.

Those who don't know the Bible from a taco are dictating what is a Christian. "Christian" is being redefined to make it meaningless or marginalized.

God will always have his remnant of true believers so these satanic efforts will never succeed.
:ahaha Right on Lily!

athenasius

I am not sure what to say because I am a refugee...........came to UK as one 15 years ago.
But Simon, you are a legal refugee, you are a Christian and not likely to go nuts and kill or rape someone due to listening to an imam who tells you this is fine. Just saying, I'd trust you and your family in my home around my family as well as my country. You are not a law breaker, and even if you come from a Muslim country, that supports terror, you yourself are a Christian. You aren't posing the serious real threat that Muslim immigrants who haven't been thoroughly checked as to their ideas on killing infidels, raping infidel women and enforcing Sharia law on others.

Hol

Worships Him
I am not sure what to say because I am a refugee...........came to UK as one 15 years ago.
Some refugees I have had for close friends for over 20-years are some of the most decent people, decent Americans that I'm blessed to know. There are both religious & political refugees that make the US better, but somehow we've lost the ability to both welcome them and screen them. If only we could be assured that they are not violent, and they value an opportunity to live where they settle, instead of the type who come to wreck lives.