The After We Are Looking For

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The After We Are Looking For
By Dennis Huebshman

It would be very safe to say that peace and harmony are not readily available in today’s world. Just over the past year, there has been a steady movement towards “Wars and Rumors of Wars” in various places around the globe. (Matthew 24:6-9) Everyone today is concentrating on the Russia and Ukraine war, however, that is not the only place where there is the possibility of imminent conflict. (ESV – all emphasis mine)

Another location that could most likely see a takeover very soon is Taiwan. There have already been increased Chinese aircraft fly-overs, and as happened with Ukraine and Russia, Taiwan is a breath away from being reclaimed as part of Red China.

Another very likely possibility is a major event taking place as Iran gets closer to having a nuclear weapon. They have made no secret that their first target will be Israel. The Israeli government has already commented that they would not tolerate a nuclear Iran, and what action they would take remains to be seen.

Although there has been the rattling of sabers over the past decade or so, major conflicts such as listed above have not taken place. There was the assumption that the European Union, the U.N. and especially America would put an end to any threats. And then, Afghanistan happened. To be more precise, the Father has set the end of this age’s activities in motion.

Jesus gave His disciples signs in Matthew 24 and Luke 21 of what would be happening in this world at that time. In Luke 21:26, Jesus said; “people fainting with fear, and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” He reassured them in John 16:33; “I have said these things to you that in Me, you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulations. But take heart, I have overcome the world.”

He also gave them assurances that is meant for all of us today. Luke 21:28; “Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption draws near.” The beginnings, as described, actually started several years ago, and have gained in number and frequency. What is true hope for all believers is that all prophecy that has been fulfilled to date has been 100% accurate.

The remaining prophecies are of the “good-news; bad-news” scenarios. Bad news is this world is on the brink of entering a 7-year tribulation period that has never been before. Israel will be attacked by a coalition of Russia, Turkey and Iran for their resources, but God will be their defender. (Ezekiel 38-39)

During that period of wrath, at least 2/3 of the world population will be killed. There will be a satanic antichrist that will take charge, and the last half of the 7-years he will be indwelt by satan himself. (Revelation 13)

At the end of this tribulation/wrath, Jesus will come in person to rule from Jerusalem for 1000 years. Then one final conflict, and then the eternity of Heaven and hell will commence.

The good news? Joel 2:32; Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13 will be fulfilled. “All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” This is to fulfill the promise of the Father to keep all of those who received and accepted Jesus, from the wrath. That’s 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 and Revelation 3:10. God does not lie as given in Numbers 23:19; Titus 1:2 and Hebrews 6:18.

As to how this good news pertains to us, all who have truly received and accepted Jesus as Savior that are still alive at the sound of the Trumpet of God, and the shout from the Archangel, will be taken up to meet Jesus in the air to be with Him forever. That’s 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 and 1 Corinthians 15:51-53. Best part of that; all who are “Raptured” will be converted into forever, immortal and imperishable bodies, and with the mindset of the Savior.

But, in the meantime, we need to trust in the Lord as given in Proverbs 3:5-6; “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (6) In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.”

There are many hymns about trusting in the Lord, and putting all our faith and trust in Him. One such song written by N. B. Vandal (1896 – 1970) and published in 1934 is simply called “After”. The stimulus for this song reportedly came when his son was injured on an automobile accident. Fortunately, the son recovered. Consider the message this Hymnist left for all of us.

1.) After the toil and trouble, there cometh a day of rest. After the weary conflict, peace on the Savior’s breast. After the care and sorrow, the glory of light and love. After the wilderness journey, the Father’s bright Home above.

2.) After the night of darkness, the shadows all flee away. After the day of sadness, hope sheds her brightest ray. After the strife and struggle, the victory is won. After the work is over, the Masters own word, “Well Done”.

3.) After the hours of chastening, the spirit made pure and bright. After the earth’s dark shadow, clear is the Light of Light. After the guiding counsel, communion full and sweet. After the willing service, all laid at the Savior’s feet.

4.) After the pain and sickness, the tears are all wiped away. After the flowers are gathered, no more of earth’s decay. After the deep heart sorrow, an end of even strife. After the daily crosses, a glorious Crown Of Life.

There have been changes in the whole world just over the past few years that are indicators this age is on the brink of ending. Now, more than ever, we need to be sharing the “good news – Gospel” to get lost souls to Jesus. The Holy Spirit is active making sure God’s word does not go out in vain.

Isaiah 55:10-11; “For as the rain and the snow come down from Heaven, and do not return there but waters the earth; making it bring forth and sprout; giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater; (11) so shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty; but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I send it.”

Just about everywhere we turn, the evil one has forces that are trying to shut down anything to do with Jesus. His disciples, all true believers, are being called “haters” because we will not participate in the abominations that are abounding. Truth be known, we hate no one; only the sinful actions and attitudes of those who are choosing to follow satan.

We need to be in prayer daily for all our loved ones; especially those who have not received and accepted Jesus as their Savior. (Romans 10:9-13) As faithful prayer warriors, we ask that the Holy Spirit provide something or someone that may influence a lost soul to call out for Salvation. In my daily prayers, I even ask Him to touch the hearts of those who would be my enemy. I do not wish to see anyone in the Great White Throne Judgment, and ultimately end up in the lake of fire.

Our eternal Home with Jesus has been personally made by Him for all who will be with Him forever. There is nothing on this earth that could even come close to the glory and majesty of our eternal Home. Yet, so many put all their efforts and resources into the things of this earth that will all pass away.

Jesus will force no one to seek Him, but is there 24/7 to receive a call from anyone who does call out. He will turn no one away. The only sin that is unforgiveable is to take your last breath here without Jesus. All else can be forgiven, and will be in accordance with 1 John 1:8-10. Verse 9 specifically states; “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Today would not be too early to call on Him as tomorrow could just be too late. It’s an eternal decision that an only be made by each individual, and the outcome is totally your choice. Then you will join me in saying:

Come Lord Jesus!

[email protected]

https://www.raptureforums.com/dennis-huebshman/the-after-we-are-looking-for/

Back