The 4 Beasts of Daniel

Which Interpretation do you think is correct?

• Modern interpretation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Neonap

I have always held to the traditional interpretation held by biblical scholars regarding the 4 Beasts that are seen in a vision by Daniel which are the lion with wings of an eagle( Babylon), a bear(Medo-Persian Empire), a leopard with 4 wings and heads( Greece) and the final fourth beast( Rome/revived Roman empire) but I recently came across a alternative interpretation that "could" be possible or something to consider.

There are very few people who hold onto this modern view which is quite new but there are good arguments for both sides. The more Modern interpretation of the 4 Beasts are as follows. The lion( Great Britain) the eagle wings represent the united states which separated from Great Britain around 1776. The bear(Russia) and the leopard(Germany).

The fourth beast will be a revived worldwide government which will somehow merge the lion, the bear, and the leopard as we see in Revelation 13 and so those who hold onto a modern view believe that these four beasts are not of the past but future.

Daniel 7:17 KJV These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which SHALL arise out of the earth

When Daniel saw this vision, he was still under a babylonian king and the babylonian empire was on the verge of losing it's status as a world superpower. This verse seems to point to the future beasts that will be very powerful in nature and will intertwine themselves together to create the beast that is spoken of in revelation 13.

I am very interested to hear your thoughts and opinions on this matter. Do you believe that the traditional interpretation is fully correct or maybe a future interpretation is possiblity?

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
For a lot of things like that I rely on my favorite scholars. I'll say that the idea is interesting. Without studying the matter to respond more better... I'm wondering if there aren't some snippets here or there in the Bible that point to the older interpretation that you posted. I'm cooking dinner now so won't pull out any of my books... but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some supporting verses in Scripture for the original idea.

Neonap

For a lot of things like that I rely on my favorite scholars. I'll say that the idea is interesting. Without studying the matter to respond more better... I'm wondering if there aren't some snippets here or there in the Bible that point to the older interpretation that you posted. I'm cooking dinner now so won't pull out any of my books... but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some supporting verses in Scripture for the original idea.

I also see a flaw with the newer interpretation, if the bear is russia well.. don't they get decimated during the Ezekiel 38 war?

Back