Thanksgiving dinner!!!

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
I am bringing a 8 pound ham
That’s a big ham! Can never have too much ham. Your whole dinner sounds delicious. Praying for safe travel for you. Does your sister live very far away? Thanks for opening the Coffee Shop with this thread, Sandy.

There will be 12-14 people here. My son and daughter-in-law do all the cooking except for what the guests offer to bring, and they do a lot of it ahead of time.
On the menu: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, butternut squash, carrots, corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, macaroni & cheese, cranberry sauce (homemade and canned), and rolls. My DIL is baking 2 pecan pies, a coconut custard pie, an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, and 2 chocolate cream pies.

Dave has pneumonia and has been on meds since yesterday, so we’ll see if he feels up to coming downstairs tomorrow. If not, I’ll bring him a plate.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
Well my family has gone off to Deep Creek (they rented a house) 3hours away, so hubby and I are on our own this year. I decided to get a steak dinner from Outback and hubby would get sushi from one of our fave places.

So fast forward... Outback is closed tomorrow. I hit several grocery stores but would not pay the price for the filet mignon I wanted. Both sushi places we'd counted on will be closed tomorrow too. So with all plans fallen through, we picked up a Panera flat bread pizza and soup for dinner tomorrow. As long as we are together!

Tonight we will watch our church's Thanksgiving Eve service online. Have a great and thankful holiday! :cheer

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
We went to get my MIL in Alabama and just got back and hour ago. She will stay with us until Sunday. My wife has prepared somethings already for tomorrow. She will fix the rest of the stuff tomorrow. We plan to eat around 1-2pm. I will probably be offline afterwards in a food induced coma. :lol

anasazi

I'm cooking new york strips in crockpot with potatoes, peas, carrots, mushroom soup, brown gravy, etc. Will take to nursing home to my best friend and spend the afternoon eating, talking about old times, and praying she can go home (earthly home) soon.

No one will confuse me with Bobby Flay, but my cooking is tasty and quite edible! lol.

HisGloryIsPrecious

My Thanksgiving will be held up, maybe will be Sunday. I have Covid. This would be my first time cooking. The way I messed up Christmas dinner last year, I wondering if mom and my guests think, I’d do anything to avoid cooking.:lol At least we only have four people. I am so thankful that my Covid case is not a severe one and am surrounded by love and an in a cozy home.

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
That’s a big ham! Can never have too much ham. Your whole dinner sounds delicious. Praying for safe travel for you. Does your sister live very far away? Thanks for opening the Coffee Shop with this thread, Sandy.

There will be 12-14 people here. My son and daughter-in-law do all the cooking except for what the guests offer to bring, and they do a lot of it ahead of time.
On the menu: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, butternut squash, carrots, corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, macaroni & cheese, cranberry sauce (homemade and canned), and rolls. My DIL is baking 2 pecan pies, a coconut custard pie, an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, and 2 chocolate cream pies.

Dave has pneumonia and has been on meds since yesterday, so we’ll see if he feels up to coming downstairs tomorrow. If not, I’ll bring him a plate.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Sorry for quoting my own post, but I wanted to update you on Dave's pneumonia. He got worse and was admitted to the hospital last night. He's expected to be in there until at least Saturday. The IV meds, breathing treatments, and oxygen are helping him and keeping him more comfortable. He sounded good on the phone this morning, praise God. He asked for lots of pie when we all go visit him later. That can be arranged. :)

So some of the first things I'm thankful for this morning are things like hospitals, medications, doctors and nurses, medical testing, and everything else the Lord uses to help us and heal us, and also, your prayers.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Happy Thanksgiving!
May it be blessed, safe, and the last one! :rapture

:pray :pray :amen :amen :thankyou :thankyou

Fresh local turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, optional baked Jersey sweet potato, whole wheat bread stuffing (lots of burnt ONIONS, thyme, etc.), optional cranberry sauce, choice of salad or peas, and choice of pecan pie with vanilla ice cream or (very spicy) pumpkin pie with whipped cream.
:hyper :bouncies :hyper
(the emojis are burning off all the calories for me)

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

Back