Thankful

SarahRose

Hello,

I’m just dropping in to introduce myself here. My name is Sarah, I’m from Olympia, WA, and I’m 28.

My mom, Sally, passed away last month and my heart is just broken…But, I’m so thankful that her heart is for the Lord, so I don’t have to grieve as others do, without hope. She and my dad became born again Christians after they had my oldest sister.

As such I have always considered myself Christian, but didn’t really understand what that meant until I got older. And only in the last month have a realized what it means to want Jesus to come back. I see the brokenness in this world, and it’s just awful. The way things have gone, especially in the last few years, really weighed heavily on my mom’s heart.

My mom is incredibly smart, and was really watchful of current events and felt that the end times are approaching quickly.

When my mom passed I started getting what I believe are “signs” or “nudges” from the Holy Spirit. The only thing that has given me comfort is reading the Bible and listening to sermons. But I’ve only read the Bible one time through, and a lot of it went right over my head…so I decided to really dive into it for the first time. Found a long, in depth study on the Olivet Discourse, and then another one on Revelation that I just finished. I’m just blown away by the amount of prophesy that has and is being fulfilled, and meanwhile I’m disappointed in myself that I didn’t really, truly understand the whole point of it all until recently, even though I was a believer before.

Reading and actually understanding God’s word has opened up my eyes to reality, and has made my faith explode to new levels.

I’m so happy these forums exist. I wish my mom had known about them. I think she would have loved to talk with you all about everything going on in the world. Maybe she was a lurker here like I’ve been for the past month.

Anyway, thank you for providing a place to learn and discuss. I’m excited to get to know you all.

Also, if I get something wrong, please correct me. I won’t take it personally because I’m just here to continue learning.

Sarah

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, Chris. Glad to be here!

Sarah,
If you are looking to learn more about the Bible and the prophecy, please check out the main site which currently has 13,900+ articles. You can following the link below, go to the right hand side, and look at the "categories" section which also gives the number of articles in each section. I am confident you will find plenty of articles to help you grow in faith and learn more about the end times.

https://www.raptureforums.com/featured-articles/

God bless you.

mattfivefour

Welcome to Rapture Forums, SarahRose! I am so sorry you lost your mom last month; but praise God the separation is only temporary! You are still here because God has a purpose for your life. Once that is fulfilled, He will take you home, too. That is true for each one of us who are Christ's. What a glorious day that will be when we all get home!!! :yeah :yeah :yeah

JamesSuth

Hell @SarahRose and :welcome . I'm from the far north of Britain, so I believe we have some similarities in climate (damp and wet most of the time?! :laugh ). You will really enjoy the forums, and its an opportunity to learn together. Everyone has been really supportive since I joined. You are right about understanding God's Word opening our eyes. It feels that the more we read and understand, the more hope and joy we have.

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your mum. It is sad to be parted from someone we dearly love for a period. But I honestly don't think it will be a long wait before we are all reunited at the Lord's return. The sadness and the hope are not contradictions; just different aspects of how we respond to the loss.

Enjoy the boards and looking forward to reading your thoughts!

GotGrace

Hello,

I’m just dropping in to introduce myself here. My name is Sarah, I’m from Olympia, WA, and I’m 28.

My mom, Sally, passed away last month and my heart is just broken…But, I’m so thankful that her heart is for the Lord, so I don’t have to grieve as others do, without hope. She and my dad became born again Christians after they had my oldest sister.

As such I have always considered myself Christian, but didn’t really understand what that meant until I got older. And only in the last month have a realized what it means to want Jesus to come back. I see the brokenness in this world, and it’s just awful. The way things have gone, especially in the last few years, really weighed heavily on my mom’s heart.

My mom is incredibly smart, and was really watchful of current events and felt that the end times are approaching quickly.

When my mom passed I started getting what I believe are “signs” or “nudges” from the Holy Spirit. The only thing that has given me comfort is reading the Bible and listening to sermons. But I’ve only read the Bible one time through, and a lot of it went right over my head…so I decided to really dive into it for the first time. Found a long, in depth study on the Olivet Discourse, and then another one on Revelation that I just finished. I’m just blown away by the amount of prophesy that has and is being fulfilled, and meanwhile I’m disappointed in myself that I didn’t really, truly understand the whole point of it all until recently, even though I was a believer before.

Reading and actually understanding God’s word has opened up my eyes to reality, and has made my faith explode to new levels.

I’m so happy these forums exist. I wish my mom had known about them. I think she would have loved to talk with you all about everything going on in the world. Maybe she was a lurker here like I’ve been for the past month.

Anyway, thank you for providing a place to learn and discuss. I’m excited to get to know you all.

Also, if I get something wrong, please correct me. I won’t take it personally because I’m just here to continue learning.

Sarah
:welcome2

SarahRose

Welcome to Rapture Forums, SarahRose! I am so sorry you lost your mom last month; but praise God the separation is only temporary! You are still here because God has a purpose for your life. Once that is fulfilled, He will take you home, too. That is true for each one of us who are Christ's. What a glorious day that will be when we all get home!!! :yeah :yeah :yeah
Thank you, mattfivefour! Yes, you are so right!

SarahRose

Hell @SarahRose and :welcome . I'm from the far north of Britain, so I believe we have some similarities in climate (damp and wet most of the time?! :laugh ). You will really enjoy the forums, and its an opportunity to learn together. Everyone has been really supportive since I joined. You are right about understanding God's Word opening our eyes. It feels that the more we read and understand, the more hope and joy we have.

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your mum. It is sad to be parted from someone we dearly love for a period. But I honestly don't think it will be a long wait before we are all reunited at the Lord's return. The sadness and the hope are not contradictions; just different aspects of how we respond to the loss.

Enjoy the boards and looking forward to reading your thoughts!
Hi JamesSuth! Yes, it's about the same here, lots of gray and rain! We're having a particularly rainy June. Something about an "atmospheric river?" Fun times. :lol

Thank you so much for the kind words and warm welcome. It's so good to be here!