Thankful For Salvation

cheeky200386

I often remember how I used to think before I was saved. It just hits me every time how close to hell I was. Isn't it amazing how God saved us?! How he pursued us so many times?!

I remember never giving a second thought to Jesus Christ and now he is on my mind every single day. All of the time. I still can't believe it that 6 years since I got saved, Jesus is so important to me. All because he loved me and us first.

Thank you Lord for having mercy on me. This Thanksgiving, I want to spend the day remembering the priceless gift of my salvation.
Thank you Jesus!!!

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I often remember how I used to think before I was saved.
I can sure relate to this! I was in the field of psychology. Even though I was brought up attending Sunday School and heard the plan of salvation from an early age, I thought the psychology book was right, and the Bible was wrong.
At the age of 8, when our Sunday School teacher spoke about how all of us are sinners, I did not think that I was, but the  other 8 yr old girls in the class probably were. Oh, my!
When I was 38 yrs old, I so clearly saw my sin and knew that Jesus was the One who took it on Himself. I can't believe that it took so many yrs to finally acknowledge my sin and be so ready to come to the Savior, nothing held back. My whole life changed. I never want to forget how backward my thinking was even though I thought I was pretty smart. Wrong! I was lost!

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
God is good. It wasn't until I finally started questioning my purpose and existence that I finally started seeking. Of coarse I started with the trash self help, meditation, and buddhism. Something never added up with all that so I just kept seeking. Didn't really know what I was seeking until I found Him and He revealed Himself to me. I am forever grateful.

I pray He would lead me to others that are truly seeking like I was. It's hard to find them in these late days.

Matthew 7:8 NASB95 — “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Kerbluey

I tell my mom all the time how thankful I am she taught us the truth, especially if she’s feeling down about the mistakes she made. Those are just temporary. Teaching us about salvation is eternal! Her father taught them the truth. She grew up in a very neglectful home, but her dad (who had serious issues himself) regularly got all 4 kids up and dressed and walked to church. All four are saved as are most of their children. Even the tiniest match will light up the darkest dark.

cheeky200386

I tell my mom all the time how thankful I am she taught us the truth, especially if she’s feeling down about the mistakes she made. Those are just temporary. Teaching us about salvation is eternal! Her father taught them the truth. She grew up in a very neglectful home, but her dad (who had serious issues himself) regularly got all 4 kids up and dressed and walked to church. All four are saved as are most of their children. Even the tiniest match will light up the darkest dark.
That's extremely encouraging as I raise my children. I know I will LOTS of mistakes and constantly think of my desire to see them love the Lord. Thank you for sharing this!