Thank you Lord Jesus for saving my Son

GodsGirl4Ever

I have been praying for this constantly for years. My beautiful son, Harry, is 33 years old and has battled both alcohol dependency issues and drug addiction for years and years. I stood by him, it was hard to watch what was going on. He ended up losing his job, his home and his fiancee, they had been together for years. It has been so hard to see him like this, all I could do for him was pray, buy him food and clothing and keep telling him to turn to Jesus for help.

He kept telling me that he was trying to stop drinking and doing drugs and I know that he was trying but he found it hard to completely give up.

I was in despair, but I never gave up on him, even though sometimes we would have harsh exchanges mainly due to him coming down off the drugs/alcohol.

Imagine my surprise when a week ago, he called me, his voice full of joy and happiness, like I haven't heard for years and said "Mum, you will never guess what, I have been saved, I am now a born again Christian. The Holy Spirit entered me in the early hours of this morning and I now belong to Jesus. I have been up all night and I couldn't wait to tell you. Can we pray together?"

I was so stunned that I burst into tears, tears of joy that is. Although I never ever doubt the Lord, Harry was a full blown addict and he would 'humour' me whenever I used to mention Jesus to him.

Harry is so thirsty for knowledge and I help him out with answering any questions that he has. I have given him a bible, the NKJV version, in plain English, so that it is easier for him to understand. I have also advised him to join this site, as I have been a member for a number of years and have found love and fellowship in abundance on here.

I am posting this to encourage other members who are concerned about their own family members not being saved. Keep praying and never give up.

Thank you Lord Jesus for saving my beautiful Son Harry.:amen:wooo:dance:ring
Praise God! I too am praying for my sons and one is an addict. This testimony gives me hope! Thank you for sharing.:waltz

Berni

Praise God! I too am praying for my sons and one is an addict. This testimony gives me hope! Thank you for sharing.:waltz
Keep praying and never give up. I will say prayers for your Sons, it is a terrible thing when your child has addiction issues, you start questioning yourself, your parenting and sometimes it feels as though all hope is lost. But our Lord Jesus Christ hears our fervent prayers and answers them. God Bless and sending hugs to you :pray:pray:pray:hug