Thank you for your welcome

Ben D

Thank you for your welcome folks...:nod

Oh I thought I should add a little meat to that...I an oldie at age 69, and live in Brisbane, Australia. I'm very interested in end time prophecy,...

Last edited:

SteveJM

Welcome to RF, Ben. I'm sure you'll find a lot here in regard to your interest in Bible prophecy, and much more. :wave

Ben D

Thank you IamPJ, Kathy_57, anath, livin_in_the_Son, Forgiven, SteveJM, and micah719, greetings all.

The reason it seems that I've been a long time to respond is that I was unaware that as a newbie, I was not able to post ant links, and I actually quoted Kathy's post to remark how impressed I was, and the all seeing eye refused to allow my post to go through as it had the img link in it...:scratch:

So today I found out and hence this post, So thank you Kathy for that lovely welcome and to all of you. :wave

So Micah, you lived in Brisbane at some time, are you from here or were just spending time here?

Best regards and God's blessings to you all... Ben:pray:

micah719

an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40
Thank you IamPJ, Kathy_57, anath, livin_in_the_Son, Forgiven, SteveJM, and micah719, greetings all.

The reason it seems that I've been a long time to respond is that I was unaware that as a newbie, I was not able to post ant links, and I actually quoted Kathy's post to remark how impressed I was, and the all seeing eye refused to allow my post to go through as it had the img link in it...:scratch:

So today I found out and hence this post, So thank you Kathy for that lovely welcome and to all of you. :wave

So Micah, you lived in Brisbane at some time, are you from here or were just spending time here?

Best regards and God's blessings to you all... Ben:pray:
Hmmm, I guess option 1 applies....I was born overseas but grew up and lived in Brisbane for about 25 years. After sampling the delights of Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne, I still love Brissie the best by far, though I remember and often hear that the Big Country Town is changing to be more like the southern big smoke. A travesty.

We should require all refugees from south of the tweed to undergo a blindfold barefoot muddie tying contest to judge eligibility for the privilege of living in Qld. For the right to work, wrestle a croc one-handed (heh heh); and to be allowed to drive a car, demonstrate proficiency in walking diagonally across the Edward St crossing without puzzlement. Any renegades moving south must take a dozen breeding pairs of canetoads with them and sign a pledge to never, ever, cheer for the roaches.

Glad to have you here on RF, post a few more and then you'll be able to include links and pics. I won't ask you where in Bris you are, that's dangerous info to go splashing about on the web....

Ben D

Hi Micah,

Well at 25 years I definitely consider you a Brisbanian or Brisbanite,... in the outback of Queensland where I grew up (Blackall), the general rule of thumb was 17 years before the newcomers were considered locals.

Yes you're right about the big country town becoming the big smoke in short time, when I settled here permanently in the early 80's, the population was around 800K, now its 1.6 million and the same if not even higher growth rates have occurred for the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. Yes, initially the migration influx was mainly the southerners, but hey, suburbs like Sunnybank probably have as many Chinese as other now. In that sense it is good in that the cultural variety provides a more cosmopolitan atmosphere to the city, but the down side is the traffic and congestion that grew at even a higher rate again. I actually live in Mt Gravatt which is slowly becoming a place of unit complexes as the older houses come on the market.

I see you have a maroon perspective sense of humour Micah, taking the mickey out of the cockroaches, taking ten cane toads south..Lol. Well fwiw, the Canetoads, iirc, have won the last three years in state of origin combat.

And I'm glad to be here Micah, I see this is a very vibrant forum and it seems there is so much to explore, it will keep me busy for awhile,..pleasantly.

And thank you for your greeting this morning Steve, glad you like my avatar. Presuming you go online in the morning like I do, a good morning to you Steve...:thumbup