Thank you for having me!!

marylp

Hey Everyone! I am Marylp. I have been lurking for awhile now. Just a bit about myself, I'm in Law Enforcement. But my favorite job is working at our food pantry which my church sponsors. I have been doing this ministry since Dec 1999 and I love it! I am married and have a teenage daughter :hairout: going thru the usual teenage stuff :doh: Anyone raising a kid will understand how difficult this age is. I'm so happy to join you and can't wait to hang around more often. We work 12 hour shifts 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. currently, so it's hard sometimes. Excuse my grammer and mispelling, some times I'm so tired
I forget what day it is, once I showed up for work in uniform only to be sent home. I was my day off :hyper: I was so happy I could'nt go back to sleep. Anyway I was the butt of the joke for about a week:lol:

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to RF, Mary! :hat: Thank you for your service, both as a police officer and as a servant of the needy!

(BTW, we raised two kids through their teenage years and saw the raising of two five grandkids through those same years. My first wife (she went home to be with the Lord back in 2007) used to say, God should put all children into a deep sleep at age 12 and not wake them up for at least 10 years.)

MikeD

Hi Marylp. Welcome to the "family". Great to have you here with us! Don't let the showing up for work on your day off bother ya. As a truck driver that's been driving now for over 30 yrs I've pulled the same stunt a time or two. Makes ya feel rather foolish inside but a good feeling when ya can go back home!! Hey, but, ya know? The Lord still loves us and has great things in store! Again welcome!!

eddie

Welcome Mary! I used to work 12 hr shifts as well. 2 weeks days then 2 weeks nights. I showed up a few times on my off days as well. :hat:

Meg

Welcome to RF, Mary. And I will join Mattfivefour (aka Adrian) in thanking you for your service as a police officer and a church volunteer. Glad to have you here. :hug :hat: :wave

marylp

Gee you guys! Thanks for the warm welcome. I feel right at home! Yup the boots are coming off! :eek:scar: