Texas AG Ken Paxton: It's an Illegal Impeachment

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
We need to pray for this situation. :pray

This whole article is worth reading:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/ken-paxton-impeachment-illegal/2023/05/27/id/1121422/

"There's a statute in Texas, which they are not following: This is an illegal impeachment," Paxton told "Greg Kelly Reports." "The statute says that if there were complaints prior to the election, there were issues prior to the election, you can't bring impeachment on issues that occurred, whether true or false, before the election: 19 of the 20 in this complaint were from issues related to the election.

"The second was related to my settlement authority, and they're saying that I deserved be impeached because I settled a case which required that the Legislature approved the money. They have to actually fund it."

Enough Texas House Republicans are working with Democrats to impeach Paxton over Memorial Day weekend, he told guest host Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., in a "secret" plan hatched after they were "very disturbed" Paxton won reelection....

...."They thought I was going to lose my election to Bush, and they became very disturbed when I won and they concocted this plan — I think months and months ago, maybe right after my reelection — thinking that the voters just were not smart enough to figure this out," Paxton told Gaetz. "They're going to fix it.

"And they started working on this about four months ago in secret. I literally first heard about this on Tuesday, where they announced they subpoenaed us.....

I wonder if this is part of what's going on as well:

https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...under-the-constitution-for-doing-this.172390/

Tuesday during an appearance on FNC’s “Hannity,” Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton elaborated on the merits of a lawsuit his state of Texas has against Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, claiming those states violated the election guidelines set by the U.S. Constitution in the 2020 election....

....KEN PAXTON (R), TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERAL: First of all, you did a fantastic describe describing our lawsuit.

It’s really important to my state that my voters be represented. And if other states don’t follow the Constitution, and if their state legislature isn’t responsible for overseeing their elections and we have other people who are not under the Constitution supposed to be doing this, it affects my state.

And so, our job is to make sure that the Constitution is followed and that every vote counts. In this case, I’m not sure that every vote was counted, not in the right way.....

OneDayNearer

Forgiven Much
What happened today is a travesty. We need to continue to pray. :pray

Ken Paxton just tweeted:

"I am beyond grateful to have the support of millions of Texans who recognize that what we just witnessed is illegal, unethical, and profoundly unjust. I look forward to a quick resolution in the Texas Senate, where I have full confidence the process will be fair and just."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/ken-paxton-impeachment-illegal/2023/05/27/id/1121422/

"There's a statute in Texas, which they are not following: This is an illegal impeachment," Paxton told "Greg Kelly Reports." "The statute says that if there were complaints prior to the election, there were issues prior to the election, you can't bring impeachment on issues that occurred, whether true or false, before the election: 19 of the 20 in this complaint were from issues related to the election.

"The second was related to my settlement authority, and they're saying that I deserved be impeached because I settled a case which required that the Legislature approved the money. They have to actually fund it."

Enough Texas House Republicans are working with Democrats to impeach Paxton over Memorial Day weekend, he told guest host Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., in a "secret" plan hatched after they were "very disturbed" Paxton won reelection....

...."They thought I was going to lose my election to Bush, and they became very disturbed when I won and they concocted this plan — I think months and months ago, maybe right after my reelection — thinking that the voters just were not smart enough to figure this out," Paxton told Gaetz. "They're going to fix it.

"And they started working on this about four months ago in secret. I literally first heard about this on Tuesday, where they announced they subpoenaed us.....

https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...under-the-constitution-for-doing-this.172390/

Tuesday during an appearance on FNC’s “Hannity,” Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton elaborated on the merits of a lawsuit his state of Texas has against Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, claiming those states violated the election guidelines set by the U.S. Constitution in the 2020 election....

....KEN PAXTON (R), TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERAL: First of all, you did a fantastic describe describing our lawsuit.

It’s really important to my state that my voters be represented. And if other states don’t follow the Constitution, and if their state legislature isn’t responsible for overseeing their elections and we have other people who are not under the Constitution supposed to be doing this, it affects my state.

And so, our job is to make sure that the Constitution is followed and that every vote counts. In this case, I’m not sure that every vote was counted, not in the right way.....
Why are they doing this though?

Andy C

I still no little about this case, but there must be some serious issues for 60 of the 85 GOP house members to vote for impeachment. I do know Paxton has made a conservative name for himself, but he also has a long record of breaking laws.

I dont know if he is guilty of all or any of the charges, but I have never heard of any political party overwhelmingly voting to impeach their own party member.

So again, I will pray that the truth applies, justice is served.

Back