Testing the typing way of adding emoticons

DanLMP

I would never be able to memorize them, that part of my brain function has been non-operational for a long time, and every time I try and find what I'm looking for in the drop down it takes too long.

Momma D

: pray

I can't get this to turn into an emoticon, although my most beloved one is the hugs.
This is almost not worth the trouble...:(
:)
Okay, those two work, just from my basic knowledge...no instructions needed!

Last edited:

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
: pray

I can't get this to turn into an emoticon, although my most beloved one is the hugs.
This is almost not worth the trouble...:(
:)
Okay, those two work, just from my basic knowledge...no instructions needed!
Remove the space between the colon --> : and the word ---> 'pray'. That should do the trick.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
All you have to do is put your mouse cursor on the smiley and hold for a second or two and it will pop up the exact code needed to make that smiley. I think you can do the same thing in the smiley gallery. I’m on my iPhone right now and can’t try but I believe this works.

Momma D

All you have to do is put your mouse cursor on the smiley and hold for a second or two and it will pop up the exact code needed to make that smiley. I think you can do the same thing in the smiley gallery. I’m on my iPhone right now and can’t try but I believe this works.
I'm using an iPad and have no idea how to do anything that requires a cursor
:pray
Thanks...got it!!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using an iPad and have no idea how to do anything that requires a cursor
:pray
Thanks...got it!!
Your cursor is just another name for the "arrow" or "hand" thingy that you click links with. Just put the arrow or hand on the smiley you want to make and a little white popup comes up if you leave the arrow or hand on the smiley. Then in the white popup it will show you the name of the smiley on the left and then the "code" to make the smiley on the right. After you make some of them you will remember the code and it will become second nature to you. :)

I hope that helps. :)