test

soundingthealarm

Fleethewrath2come
(CNN) - Contact tracing is the process of tracking down anyone who might have been infected by a person who was recently diagnosed with a virus like COVID-19. It helps identify those people so they can quarantine themselves and prevent further spread. Contact tracing helps identify those people so they can quarantine themselves and prevent further spread, and now there's an app for that. (Source: CDC/NIAID/CNN) Now there’s an app for that. The idea for it came from bison trackers. While contact tracers use a variety of methods to track down those who may have come in contact with a person infected with COVID-19, health officials in North Dakota have partnered with the creator of an app used to track bison to launch a new app called Care19. In the past, contact tracing has been credited with slowing or stopping epidemics like ebola and SARS. Those who download Care19 will get a random ID number. The North Dakota coronavirus response website says the app will anonymously cache each user's locations throughout the day. If they test positive for COVID-19, the state says users will be given the opportunity to consent to provide their information to health officials to help in contact tracing and forecasting the pandemic’s progression with accurate, real-time data. Apple and Google are developing new contact tracing technology using smartphones and Bluetooth technology to alert those who may have been close to someone infected. There are limitations to the new technology. Users would have to opt-in and it’s not clear whether enough people will do so to make the effort worthwhile. People without smartphones wouldn’t get notified. Researchers say the U.S. can’t safely reopen without significant amounts of contact tracing and testing. Copyright 2020 CNN. All rights reserved.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The best thing to do when copying information from a news site, etc. and to make it where the links do not carry over is to turn of BB code.

To do that when you go to paste your news, article, commentary text into the box. First go to the top of the box where you see the "B", "I", etc. and go all the way to the right to the "Gear" icon. Click that gear icon and it turns off BB code. Then when you paste your text into the text box, it will just be text with no formatting, links, pictures, etc.

I do that every day with the news and articles I post here so that we don't have tons of links in posts pointing to all kinds of weird sites. I hope that helps if that was what you were asking?

ETA: I fixed your OP for you. :)

soundingthealarm

Fleethewrath2come
The best thing to do when copying information from a news site, etc. and to make it where the links do not carry over is to turn of BB code.

To do that when you go to paste your news, article, commentary text into the box. First go to the top of the box where you see the "B", "I", etc. and go all the way to the right to the "Gear" icon. Click that gear icon and it turns off BB code. Then when you paste your text into the text box, it will just be text with no formatting, links, pictures, etc.

I do that every day with the news and articles I post here so that we don't have tons of links in posts pointing to all kinds of weird sites. I hope that helps if that was what you were asking?

ETA: I fixed your OP for you. :)

Thanks Chris!