Tens of Millions Now Able to Apply for Certificate of Sephardi Jewish Ancestry

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Wonder if this certificate will permit a holder to make Alia to Israel? Residency? Citizenship? (males) make up part of a Minyam?
Wonder if this certificate could be used to obligate military service? Temple Tax (someday)?

Wonder if this is part of how the whole house of Israel will return. Wonder if those that get this certificate, who are not yet Christians at the time of the Rapture, will be part of (or make up) the 144,000? :hmmm

So many :cool things going on right now. Jesus is coming soon! :hyper

PS: The certificate is :cool looking, too :smile

Tens of millions now able to apply for certificate of Sephardi Jewish ancestry

Recent research has demonstrated that as many as 200 million people in the Americas and Europe have Jewish ancestry who were forcibly converted.

By ZVIKA KLEIN
Published: SEPTEMBER 18, 2022 21:24

"For the first time, tens of millions of descendants of Spanish and Portuguese Jewish communities, whose ancestors were forcibly converted from the 14th century onward, can now apply for and receive a “Certificate of Sephardic Ancestry.”

Recent academic and genetic research has demonstrated that as many as 200 million people, largely in Latin and North America and Europe, have “significant Jewish ancestry” dating back to the time of the Inquisition in Spain and Portugal.

The initiative was launched by the American Sephardi Federation’s Institute of Jewish Experience (ASF IJE), Reconectar, an organization dedicated to helping the descendants of Spanish and Portuguese Jewish communities reconnect with the Jewish people, and Genie Milgrom, an award-winning author, researcher and genealogist who was able to fully document her unbroken maternal lineage 22 generations, as far back as 1405 to pre-Inquisition Spain and Portugal.

Milgrom is also leading work to digitize Inquisition records that provide an unprecedented amount of genealogical information for those who seek to discover their possible Jewish roots. These and a vast array of other information on the certification website will help the descendants, otherwise known as Anusim, Marranos, Conversos or Crypto-Jews, discover their heritage.

More
https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/article-717479

:pray :pray :amen :amen

NewWine2020

Wonder if this certificate will permit a holder to make Alia to Israel? Residency? Citizenship? (males) make up part of a Minyam?
Wonder if this certificate could be used to obligate military service? Temple Tax (someday)?

Wonder if this is part of how the whole house of Israel will return. Wonder if those that get this certificate, who are not yet Christians at the time of the Rapture, will be part of (or make up) the 144,000? :hmmm

So many :cool things going on right now. Jesus is coming soon! :hyper

PS: The certificate is :cool looking, too :smile

Tens of millions now able to apply for certificate of Sephardi Jewish ancestry

Recent research has demonstrated that as many as 200 million people in the Americas and Europe have Jewish ancestry who were forcibly converted.

By ZVIKA KLEIN
Published: SEPTEMBER 18, 2022 21:24

"For the first time, tens of millions of descendants of Spanish and Portuguese Jewish communities, whose ancestors were forcibly converted from the 14th century onward, can now apply for and receive a “Certificate of Sephardic Ancestry.”

Recent academic and genetic research has demonstrated that as many as 200 million people, largely in Latin and North America and Europe, have “significant Jewish ancestry” dating back to the time of the Inquisition in Spain and Portugal.

The initiative was launched by the American Sephardi Federation’s Institute of Jewish Experience (ASF IJE), Reconectar, an organization dedicated to helping the descendants of Spanish and Portuguese Jewish communities reconnect with the Jewish people, and Genie Milgrom, an award-winning author, researcher and genealogist who was able to fully document her unbroken maternal lineage 22 generations, as far back as 1405 to pre-Inquisition Spain and Portugal.

Milgrom is also leading work to digitize Inquisition records that provide an unprecedented amount of genealogical information for those who seek to discover their possible Jewish roots. These and a vast array of other information on the certification website will help the descendants, otherwise known as Anusim, Marranos, Conversos or Crypto-Jews, discover their heritage.

More
https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/article-717479

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Now THIS is actually a form of "reparations" that I can support in good conscience! :)

The restoration of the cultural identity that was forcibly stripped from their ancestors is an excellent and long overdue move and very diff from other groups whose take on this would be "I wanna check cut to me and I want ya'll to feel guilt over it for the rest of your lives about the past as well."

DanLMP

I've had secret fantasizes of finding out one day I'm actually of Jewish descent and as a result I get to move to Israel. Then I live out my days exploring the land of Israel while studying the Bible. Anyone else, or am I the only oddball? :ahaha

There is a suspicion that when my ancestors immigrated to the US from Germany (father's side) that they converted from Judiasm to RCC. :hmmm

My Father had been doing a family tree that went back several generations.

Len

Adopted (grafted) into the House of Israel
no grafting for me as my Jewish grandparents insisted that I was visited by the mohel on the eighth day to perform male circumcision but that was where it stopped pretty much as my mother hated the jewish way of living and my father was an atheist ...... though I did get to a synagogue on occassion with my grandfather ..... pretty sure if I wasnt Christian I could do aliyah.

Footsteps

These reactions seem to be diametrically
opposed to those of draft age Russians. And
to think they are in their motherland already!
When asked at the airport about their destination,
they answer “Anywhere, preferably in another
hemisphere.”
Off topic, but why is Russia called the Motherland
and Hitler’s Germany called the Fatherland? If only
they had gotten together their offspring could
have been called the Children of the Corn.