Team USA Fails to Medal at Opening of Summer Olympics for First Time in Decades

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I hope they get the woke stomped out of them.

They've been so dominant in their sport/gender for so long. Maybe their time at the top has passed. I hope it has. Sweden's easy win against USA doesn't appear to have been a fluke. Sweden had it easy enough against Austrailia as well.

RaptureReady

Dancing with my Father God in Fields of Grace
I've been following Team Israel and watched this afternoon the Gold Medal performance of an Israeli gymnast who won gold for the floor exercise. It was only the second ever gold medal won by an Israeli athlete in any olympics. I thought it was pretty cool for Israel. Of course, NBC didn't show the award ceremony.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I've been following Team Israel and watched this afternoon the Gold Medal performance of an Israeli gymnast who won gold for the floor exercise. It was only the second ever gold medal won by an Israeli athlete in any olympics. I thought it was pretty cool for Israel. Of course, NBC didn't show the award ceremony.
Australia has a 400m runner in track and fleid whose parents are Jewish called Steven Solomon , he's made the semi finals

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Stick with the pool…… :biggrin2

Your swimming teams as usual were excellent. Great rivalry with the USA.
Actually you guys better watch yourselves in track and field too, i'm a member of a track and field group on facebook who's administered by Jon Drummond's ( was a training partner and fellow 100m competitor in the 100m in Maurice Greene's era) and everyone is calling for a revolution of America's coaching philosophy for sprints.

Who woulda thought an Italian would be crowned fastest man in the world eh!!!

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
What is it with US sprinters not running through the finish line it almost cost them a finals place grrrrrrr.

Ok on another note the mens 400m hurdle wr was up their with usain bolts breaking the 200m wr , one of the best races ive seen

Andy C

What is it with US sprinters not running through the finish line it almost cost them a finals place grrrrrrr.

Ok on another note the mens 400m hurdle wr was up their with usain bolts breaking the 200m wr , one of the best races ive seen
At first I thought the official time was incorrect, because in that race, records are broken by the hundredth of a second, not be over a second.
The US runner finished second, and his time beat the old record by over a 1/2 second. Incredible. They both pushed each other beyond even their own wildest dreams.

US sprinters are “unique”, and its all about looking good while crossing the line….Ease off the throttle just before the finish line so the picture shows you winning without looking like you were straining…,,:oops:

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
At first I thought the official time was incorrect, because in that race, records are broken by the hundredth of a second, not be over a second.
The US runner finished second, and his time beat the old record by over a 1/2 second. Incredible. They both pushed each other beyond even their own wildest dreams.

US sprinters are “unique”, and its all about looking good while crossing the line….Ease off the throttle just before the finish line so the picture shows you winning without looking like you were straining…,,:oops:
Yeah it's crazy , on the track and field community they are calling for Rai Benjamin to leave his coach and join Bobby Kersee Joyner's squad ???

Everybody paid out on the person who made the thread asking why would he leave a coach that basically helped him break the world record twice and achieve lifetime bests ( He held the world record temporarily before the Norwegian took it ).

Yeah it's not unique to just Americans, but they were taking it to new levels at these Olympics, heck that 17 yr old teenager Erriyon Knight was coming 5th in his 200m race off the bend then as soon as he caught up to the 3rd runner he looked over at the fielf and then continued looking at them as he past them another 2-3 times

Andy C

WOW USA mens 4 x 100m didn't make it to the finals, bad baton change cost you guys
Nothing new there. Chris Rock did a funny bit before the race about the history of the USA team in failing to get the baton around the track.
Carl Lewis blasted the team afterwards with his post on line.

Our sprinters are very egotistical and dont always work well together for relays, with each one wanting to be the anchor leg.

The relay teams interview after the race was embarrassing and unprofessional- no surprise there.

Andy C

@Andy C was right with regards to the final medal count, though the USA almost didn't get the most golds.
Blame that on the mens track team……

China gets a huge amount of their gold medals (6 I believe just from diving), and a few more from ping pong, both sports we rarely medal in, let alone get a gold.

This was the closet medal race in a long time, even though we won by 25 total medals.

Andy C

Blame that on the mens track team……

China gets a huge amount of their gold medals (6 I believe just from diving), and a few more from ping pong, both sports we rarely medal in, let alone get a gold.

This was the closet medal race in a long time, even though we won by 25 total medals.
Actually, factually, I was wrong. This year we won by more medals than we did in 2 of the last 3 olympics.

In 2016 we won by 54 medals

In 2012 we won by 10

2008 we on by 13.

Regardless of how close, we still won.