Tallest US skyscraper to rise in Oklahoma city, not New York

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Tallest US skyscraper to rise in Oklahoma city, not New York
Oklahoma City surprises with plans for the tallest building in the US. A symbol of growth, it will offer unique attractions for visitors.
By OFER PETERSBURG

In a surprising twist, plans for the tallest skyscraper in the United States are underway, and it won't be in New York City, home to the current tallest buildings in the country. The city that will claim this title is none other than Oklahoma City, as reported by the New York Post. The ambitious project is being developed by Matteson Capital, a real estate company, in the capital of Oklahoma. The complex will consist of four buildings, each serving different purposes.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/real-estate/article-784057

Kenny

Ain't too bright are they. A few years ago an F6 went through Moore Oklahoma leveling everything in it's path for several miles. That's the outskirts of Oklahoma City. Why they think it's a good idea to have the tallest building there is beyond me.:taz

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Kinda reminds me of the Robert Conrad EverReady battery commercial...

Go Ahead [God], I dare ya....

Soulpatch325

Just FYI...I live in OKC, lived in Moore during the years of the most violent tornadoes, they missed my house by only a couple of miles, not to mention the dozens of other tornadoes we dodged that weren't as large. There are misconceptions about what the tornadoes did. Yes, they obliterated small structures, houses, vehicles, etc but the larger building made of concrete, brick, and steel weathered the storms well, besides the obvious damage to windows, etc. The Warren Theatre on I-35 took nearly a direct hit and it suffered some damage but it was mostly fine, not even close to being leveled. The Dream tower that's going to be built will be built to withstand any of those tornadoes and the earthquakes we occasionally have here, it'll be built to endure the dangers OK weather presents, just like the other major buildings in the OKC metro area. I'm not interested in defending the builders or the building of the structure, I just think the thought that a tornado would topple this building isn't very realistic. We tend to believe in Hollywood a bit too much...;):)

Dunamis

Just FYI...I live in OKC, lived in Moore during the years of the most violent tornadoes, they missed my house by only a couple of miles, not to mention the dozens of other tornadoes we dodged that weren't as large. There are misconceptions about what the tornadoes did. Yes, they obliterated small structures, houses, vehicles, etc but the larger building made of concrete, brick, and steel weathered the storms well, besides the obvious damage to windows, etc. The Warren Theatre on I-35 took nearly a direct hit and it suffered some damage but it was mostly fine, not even close to being leveled. The Dream tower that's going to be built will be built to withstand any of those tornadoes and the earthquakes we occasionally have here, it'll be built to endure the dangers OK weather presents, just like the other major buildings in the OKC metro area. I'm not interested in defending the builders or the building of the structure, I just think the thought that a tornado would topple this building isn't very realistic. We tend to believe in Hollywood a bit too much...;):)
I agree. I lived in Tulsa for 40 years and never saw one skyscraper there get damaged. Oklahoma City already has skyscrapers and their tallest is the devon tower at 844 ft and Tulsa has two over 600 ft; The BOK Center and CityPlex tower. Lets not forget that there are plenty of Cities that are in just as dangerous zones that have high rise buildings like Florida.

Back