Talking about favorite movies

antitox

Let's see.........

Alita Battle Angel - saw in a report yesterday that Disney is finally considering a 2nd one - oh this is the coolest and best sci fi I have ever seen! It's a rush!

The Mummy (Tom Cruise) probably the best mummy movie ever made - sharply done - (just a PG13 - laced with humor) (you won't get bored)

Oblivion (sharply done - good action sequences)
The Martian (good actors- well done - like Chiwetel Eljofore)
Bourne 1, 2, & 3 (we all know Bourne)
Terminator Dark Fate (spectacular action)
The Equalizer 1 & 2 (Denzel is one of my favorites)
Book of Eli (Denzel again with Mila Kunis)
2 Guns (Denzel and Mark Wahlberg)
Taken 1, 2, & 3 (many fans of this one)
The Transporter 1, 2, & 3 (in the first one Statham's flying round kick was great)

Top Gun (can't wait to get my hands on the 2nd one - they actually flew up in the fighters to get the most real effect and G-pulling)

Matrix 1, 2, & 3 (all time great sci fi)
Iron Man 1 & 2 (different from the comic, but good - in the comic it was a flexible iron suit)
Captain Marvel (Brie was good because she didn't play some uppity super hero - she was real)
Guardians of the Galaxy (laugh my head off - James Gunn really pulled off a good one)
The Chronicles of Riddick (1st time seeing whole CGI imaging backdrops put onscreen)
Tomorrowland (enjoyable with adorable child actors and George Clooney)
Incredibles 1 & 2 (adorable Pixar movies - done very well)
Martin (Lawrence TV show DVDs) (used to make me laugh alot - love the character "Otis the security guard")
Star Trek 1, 2, & 3 (Chris Pine is favorite too)
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit (Pine and Knightley - CIA)
Valerian and the City of 1000 Planets (Luc Besson - director - has a great sense of humor)
Batman Vs Superman (better than expected)
Wonder Woman (well done - Gal Gadot did great)
Birds of Prey (heavy on the language but Margot Robbie was a riot !)

Ava (again heavy on language - but love these types of assassin movies that are cool - in this they weaved her personal life through it all - Jessica Chastain is a favorite - she showed she can do action movies)

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Gladiator
Braveheart
Ten Commandments
Barabas
Ben Hur
Spartacus
Pretty much any Bible or Israel movie
Pretty much any Church history movie
All the Star Trek movies except The Voyage Home
Hunt for Red October
Patriot Games
Clear and Present Danger
Sum of All Fears
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
Bourne Identity
Bourne Supremacy
Bourne Ultimatum
Bourne Legacy
Jason Bourne
John Wick
Lethal Weapon 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Pretty much any World War II movie
and pretty much any Vietnam War movie

So many more good movies, so little time :lol

seated with Christ

After 11 pm last night I watched Alfred Hitchcock's "Birds", I have watched it several times before over the years. I still find it interesting.

Then "Psycho" came on afterwards, I saw that movie in the theater when it just came out. Me and my Mother went to see it in a theater in Franklinton Louisiana, a little rural hick town, it was special.

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
Found a new series I really like mom and I watched it twice. It's called almost paradise. It's a crime thing it's really funny and Goofy and it's pretty clean for a crime series.

RobinB

We like the corny Hallmark romance movies, but I'm a romance writer so that makes sense. :nod Have to watch out now though, since they are introducing gay characters. :sad

There are a few movies that I enjoy watching again, for no real reason, like Mean Girls, Legally Blonde and Miss Congeniality. Silly movies. And sometimes old action movies like Bourne and Terminator. I like movies/stories where good wins over evil. :D (most horror movies have good win over evil, but I don't like anything gory.)

seated with Christ

There are more, but here are a bunch of them in no particular order:

Sahara
RED
McClintock
The Searchers
The Longest Day
In Harm's Way
Secondhand Lions
The Philadelphia Story
with Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, and James Stewart
Desk Set
The Bishop's Wife
with Cary Grant
Narnia
The Last of the Mohicans
with Daniel Day Lewis
Rio Bravo
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
The Long Hot Summer
Facing the Giants
Hacksaw Ridge (That one is rough.)
Midnight on the Orient Express (latest version)
The Darkest Hour
I have watched, The Searchers several times.

"You don't think I'm crazy, do you ma'am?", "No Mose, you're just tired!" :D

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
There's a lot of low rated movies that are actually really good haha. Now another one you should trys it has episodes is almost paradise thats another good one. It's a cop like movie thing

I've learned that when it comes to comedies ratings often don't mean much. You have to watch the movie and judge for yourself. Different folks take to different types of comedy.

I grew up on Westerns. Last night I watched Hannie Caulder.

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
I watched Beckman. I give it 3 of 5 stars. It wasn't too hard to sit through. You should watch Bend it like Beckham.
How could you give it 3 outa 5:tappingfoot I at least give it a solid 8. Now the bend it like Beckham is a guitarist joke I didn't think they made a movie out of it haha okay try almost paradise you'd like that one I think it's on Hulu and Amazon really good cop series

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
How could you give it 3 outa 5:tappingfoot I at least give it a solid 8. Now the bend it like Beckham is a guitarist joke I didn't think they made a movie out of it haha okay try almost paradise you'd like that one I think it's on Hulu and Amazon really good cop series

Bend it Like Beckham is a 2002 movie where a girl wants to play soccer but her family doesn't want her to. I think you'd like it. I did. I'll see if I can get my hands on the almost paradise movie. Looks like there's a tv series by the same name. Nope, doesn't appear to be available for me.