Talking about favorite movies

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Did you watch it?

When my kids were younger our whole family was invited over to have dinner and watch "that" movie at some friends house. Apparently they were "Attack of the Killer Tomato" groupies and truly seemed to think it was the best movie of all time.

Anyway I feel like I'm in a catholic confessional and reluctant to confess my crime, but yes, I watched it, to be polite, and we never returned to that family's home ever again...

Eric Nicholas

When my kids were younger our whole family was invited over to have dinner and watch "that" movie at some friends house. Apparently they were "Attack of the Killer Tomato" groupies and truly seemed to think it was the best movie of all time.

Anyway I feel like I'm in a catholic confessional and reluctant to confess my crime, but yes, I watched it, to be polite, and we never returned to that family's home ever again...
Hahahahahaha! That is so funny. I know there is no shortage of awful movies, but I'm really surprised that the tomato movie was made. It is so, so bad.

Kerbluey

I enjoy movies. I like suspense, so that includes a lot. The Reef is one of my favorites. Boat sinks, people swim for island, stalked by shark. They went for atmosphere and suspense over gore, although there’s some blood.

I’ve also rediscovered an appreciation for anything with the three stooges, although I know they aren’t movies.

CountingMyBlessings

Fried Green Tomatoes has possibly the most quirky film title ever .... :)
If you've never seen it, I recommend it. But, my late husband referred to it as a "chick flick", so if that's not your thing, you might not enjoy it. However, I also love to eat fried green tomatoes, which is a southern favorite (most of the "southern" states don't claim us Okies, but we still think we're southern).

RonJohnSilver

There are more, but here are a bunch of them in no particular order:

Sahara
RED
McClintock
The Searchers
The Longest Day
In Harm's Way
Secondhand Lions
The Philadelphia Story
with Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, and James Stewart
Desk Set
The Bishop's Wife
with Cary Grant
Narnia
The Last of the Mohicans
with Daniel Day Lewis
Rio Bravo
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
The Long Hot Summer
Facing the Giants
Hacksaw Ridge (That one is rough.)
Midnight on the Orient Express (latest version)
The Darkest Hour
You actually liked the latest Orient Express? Well, I guess someone had to. Sorry, the ones with David Suchet are, to me, the definition of Hercule Poirot. Oddly, though, I don't think he ever made Orient Express.

RonJohnSilver

All of the Clint Eastwood westerns and "Dirty Harry" movies.
Open Range
RED 1 & 2
The Perfect Storm
Hunt for Red October
Tora, Tora, Tora
All of Denzel Washington's movies except Roman Esquire. (He was the only reason to watch it)
And, I enjoy horror movies, well, no, not slasher/horror, but Monster/alien movies, The Alien series with Sigourney Weaver and the Thing series, especially the one with Kurt Russell.
Comedies, I saw Mr. Bean and the 3 Stooges mentioned....there's too many to list.
Star Wars..most of them.
James Bond...all of them.
Let's see....um....Western, Drama, Action, Comedy, History, SciFi, War, Thrillers, Musicals, Animations, That about covers it....nearly everything except romance. I have my standards, not high standards, but standards nonetheless.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I loved Men in Black.

Last night's movie was Cape Fear. I read more than I watched because I didn't like it at all. Robert DiNero was too intense.

Then we started the Trial of the Chicago 7. Maybe we can finish it tonight.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
We watched The Legend of Bagger Vance yesterday. It was good.
Tried 'The Cinderella Man' but the beginning was too depressing. Watched Seinfeld instead.

Hey everyone let's talk about our favorite movies.
Our favorite is Goin' South, it's as close as I can get to romance. It has Belushi in it too. I took way too many sayings from that movie and annoy my wife with them. :heh But my favorites are Clint's spaghetti westerns. Lord of the Rings were pretty good. Kinda liked Riddick movies. I suppose I like movies that are "action packed, Pewee"

Kerbluey

I love Ernest Saves Christmas! SO funny and the Santa guy is SO cute (he’s a bumbling little old man).