Taliban to open high schools for girls next week, official says

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Taliban to open high schools for girls next week, official says
Allowing girls and women into schools and colleges has been one of the key demands the international community has made of the hardline Islamist movement since their takeover last summer.
By REUTERS
Published: MARCH 17, 2022

The Taliban will allow girls around Afghanistan to return to class when high schools open next week, an education official said on Thursday, after months of uncertainty over whether the group would allow full access to education for girls and women. "All schools are going to open to all boys and girls," Aziz Ahmad Rayan, a spokesman for the Ministry of Education, told Reuters. "But there are some conditions for girls," he said, adding that female students would be taught separately from males and only by female teachers.

In some rural areas where there was a shortage of female teachers, he said that older male teachers would be allowed to teach girls. "There is no school that will close for this year. If there is any school that closes, it is the responsibility of the education ministry to open it," Rayan added.

more........... https://www.jpost.com/international/article-701609

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Woops. Nope. Now the Taliban decided against it "until an appropriate dress code could be decided on for girls and female teachers" and turned away the girls on the 23rd :cry
:furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

‘This isn’t a wise decision’: Taliban reversal on girls’ education met with condemnation​

“We can’t afford to annoy the Afghan people by banning girls’ education,” one Taliban leader told NBC News."
April 11, 2022, 3:30 AM CDT
By Mushtaq Yusufzai and Rhoda Kwan
"PESHAWAR, Pakistan — On March 23, the Taliban turned away teenage girls, who had arrived excited and carrying new textbooks, from school gates across Afghanistan. Classrooms would be closed to girls from the sixth grade on, the leaders said, until an appropriate dress code could be decided on for girls and female teachers.
It was the first day schools had been set to open for girls since the Taliban regained control of Afghanistan in August. The Ministry of Education, only two days before, had said all girls would be allowed to attend school."

More
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...education-ban-reversal-condemnation-rcna21941

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
It doesn’t say what kind of education. They probably are just teach them Islam and how to be a good wife. I doubt they are being taught the same kind of education as boys.

Even if all they do is learn to read the q'ran, it means they could also read the Bible or a tract

If they also learn basic math, writing, home economics, other traditional female skills, etc. to manage a household, they have a much better opportunity of starting their own businesses or working outside the home and being successful, if the opportunity and need present themselves.

:bouncies

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

PS: Fair disclosure: I never learned how to read or write thousand-and-one-squiggles

yrrek

Even if all they do is learn to read the q'ran, it means they could also read the Bible or a tract

If they also learn basic math, writing, home economics, other traditional female skills, etc. to manage a household, they have a much better opportunity of starting their own businesses or working outside the home and being successful, if the opportunity and need present themselves.

:bouncies

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

PS: Fair disclosure: I never learned how to read or write thousand-and-one-squiggles
I’m not sure. My friend was from a Muslim family and some of the things expected from a wife was… strange. And where he was from, just getting a Bible was very difficult. If you were caught with one, especially if at one point they were Muslim… It’s a death sentence. Not saying they can’t or that it’s bad… I just don’t see the Taliban allowing women to learn anything that gives them an inch of freedom.

Reactions: Len