Taking Sleeping Pills Could Stop Alzheimer’s Before it Starts, Study Explains

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Taking Sleeping Pills Could Stop Alzheimer’s Before it Starts, Study Explains

April 20, 2023
by Chris Melore

"ST. LOUIS — Poor sleep can be an early sign that Alzheimer’s is in your future. However, a new study finds that taking sleeping pills could prevent the disease from ever developing later in life. Researchers from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis found that older adults taking a sleeping aid called suvorexant before bed lowered their levels of two key proteins linked to Alzheimer’s onset. While scientists still need to confirm these results, it appears that the best way to avoid dementia is to cure a patient’s insomnia first.

In this study, the team conducted a two-night experiment with a group of 38 people between the ages of 45 and 65. These participants either took a low-dose (10 mg) or high-dose (20 mg) of suvorexant or a placebo before going to sleep. The team then took samples of their cerebrospinal fluid every two hours for 36 hours. Results show that volunteers taking a high dose of the sleeping aid saw a significant drop in both Alzheimer’s-related proteins — amyloid beta and tau."

More
https://studyfinds.org/sleeping-pills-stop-alzheimers/

:bouncies

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

Last edited:

Endangered

This is big news to me. My mother died of Alz after 10 years. 2 of her brothers also died from Alz. I had a DNA test done and I have the Alz gene. I am 74 years old with no symptoms so far. I have a bunch of thinking brain games on my phone. My neurologist tells me using my brain will help ward off Alz. I also take a new drug, Rivastigmine, and 2 vitamins.
My mother died in 1992. Her drug choice was far slimmer than today.

Momma D

My mom had severe alzheimers and dementia. Several of her brothers suffered from the same things as well.
I have no cognitive issues at age77+
I have taken small amounts of xanax for years, with no side effects, due to anxiety.
Since Jim died, I have asked the Lord for protection from those illnesses for the sake of my sons.
I believe the Lord's hand of protection has been holding me all along.
Praise God :amen

Back